View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I am still having random reboots. Now I have reboots not just in the app but when I go to my zlauncher...
    Are the reboots happening just after leaving ScheduleCare or later in time? Also, what options do you have configured in ScheduleCare? Profiles, Calendar or both? If both, do you also have categories enabled?

I am sure there are a couple of reset conditions in the code and I am trying very hard to find and remove them. So any details you can provide would really help.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I am still having random reboots. Now I have reboots not just in the app but when I go to my zlauncher...
    Treoneo-

Do you have any backup software ? If so, try restoring your Zlauncher databases from a time prior to the reset problem. I had a corrupted ZL database do that to me a while back. If not, the solution may be to delete the ZL databases and rebuild them - can be a pain tho.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well it is sort of already in the product. I disabled the keyboard logic for 600 users because I didn't think anyone would want it since the keyboard logic "works" on the 600. I will re-enable part of it. In that I mean that I have a "manual" mode that you can toggle with a hotkey that will turn on the keyboard and leave it on until you either power off or you manually untoggle the lights. We can start from there and you can tell me what you would like to see. In my next build I will re-enable that option.
    Hey, I really appreciate your responsiveness. Thank you!

This is very close to what I'm thinking of... the only missing piece would be a way to automatically turn on the keyboard lights as soon as you turn on the screen.... but the 600 may do that already. I'll check it out in the next build.

Jesse
  4.    #104  
    Here is the newest build of ScheduleCare PII!!!!

This release incorporates changing profiles by HOTKEY. For a profile to be *hotkeyable* it must be marked as manual in the profile configuration screen. It is perfectly OK to have a single profile labeled as Timed and Manual. But for manual hotkey profile switching, the profile must have the manual option enabled. You can choose between 4 different hotkey sequences in Global Options which can be found from the main screen.

I also put the beginnings of some profile precidence rules in each profile's configuration settings. There is a new tab now for these rule desginations. I will document what they mean in a later post. Right now I am in searious need of some sleep! This one just about killed me but I think it is working well.

Over the next 3-5 days I should have most of the remaning functionality added.

Jeff
    Installing now. I should have some feedback for you later today. Now - go get some sleep.

-X
    Xathros

Jeff, regarding profile precidence, I think it'd be useful to have an option to mark profiles as just being mutually exclusive. While the ability to "layer" profiles is powerful, I think it generally makes things a bit more difficult for average use, since you not only have to enable a profile but make sure any others that could override it are disabled. I'd like the ability to easily toggle through profiles and only have one active at a time.

I'll try out the new beta this weekend!
    which app will win the release race... call filter or schedulecare?!
    race hah! SC will be done first. I say this because we have proof it's being worked on.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Jeff, regarding profile precidence, I think it'd be useful to have an option to mark profiles as just being mutually exclusive. While the ability to "layer" profiles is powerful, I think it generally makes things a bit more difficult for average use, since you not only have to enable a profile but make sure any others that could override it are disabled. I'd like the ability to easily toggle through profiles and only have one active at a time.

It's in there already. In the profile configuration, options tab there is an option called "Allow Nested Profiles" If unchecked, then this profile cannot be overridden by another.

Am I correct Jeff ?

-X
    Xathros

10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    It's in there already. In the profile configuration, options tab there is an option called "Allow Nested Profiles" If unchecked, then this profile cannot be overridden by another.

Am I correct Jeff ?

-X
    That is correct. But there is a design concideration here. The way the program is designed right now is that *nesting* and *overlapping* refers to configuration *features* and not complete profiles. So this means that if you have 2 profiles that want to execute and they do not have the same commands in them, then they are both allowed to be active and they are *not* concidered nested or overlapping. On the other hand, if 2 profiles contain say the "radio" command and want to be active at the same time, that command will now follow the nesting or overlapping rules.

One possible implementation of this design would be to build a "default" profile that contains the basic configuration you want your Treo to have and have this profile "always" active. Set the "allow nested profiles" for this profile. Now create what ever profiles you want that change this default configuration. So now during those times you don't have a profile defined for a specific time period, your Treo will have your basic configuration.

I will document much more later about this.

I am also working almost 24x7 trying to get an updated release out the door. I have run into some very detailed stability issues that are delaying this next release. But I just wanted everyone to know that I *am* working on getting this product out the door ASAP.

Jeff
  11.    #111  
    I have just gotten to a stability level that I am happy with! It took me several very looong days but I feel *very* good about this release. If there are no major problems found, I will start to add missing functionality to the product.

I am also thinking of a UI change ot the Tone configuration screen. What would everyone think of replacing the drop down list boxes with:
    • Icons that represent the Sound Types (ie phone, calendar, IM, ...)
    • Slider Controls for the sound levels
    • An Icon for Vibrate
    • Then a button to take you to a separate configuration screen for tone selections
    so something like this(of course this is a layout example without the actual graphic controls):

PIcon........-------+---------........Vicon.......ToneButton

CIcon........-------+---------........Vicon.......ToneButton

EIcon........-------+---------........Vicon.......ToneButton

SIcon........-------+---------........Vicon.......ToneButton

MIcon........-------+---------........Vicon.......ToneButton

IIcon........-------+---------.........Vicon.......ToneButton

(P=phone, C=Calendar, E=Email, S=SMS, M=MMS, I=IM)

The reason for the tone button is because there is not enough room on the screen to display 2 tone names horizontally.

Personally, I think this would make for an easier to use screen.

Thoughts??????
    ya a graphical graphic user interface sounds great
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers

I have made some changes to the defaults within the tool to help address this concern. I have made the default profile "Manual" and have disabled "Allow Overlapping Profile Commands". So when an Profile executes, either manually or timed, it will clear any existing commands in favor of the ones it wants executed. It will also *not* allow any future profiles to change any of these commands until they are explicitly released. Please give it a try and give me your impressions. I did however leave "Allow overlapping Calendar Commands" enabled. I think this is a valueable feature that is a good default.

Thoughts???

Jeff
    New Volume & Tone selection sounds like a good idea to me.

I agree that the calendar commands need to override active manual/timed profiles as they do now. However, if I select a new "manual" profile during an active calendar command, the profile should take precedence.

-X
    Xathros

I just tried B P-II on my shiny new 650. Very happy to see the "disable alerts during call" option. Thanks!
    Is the profile switching supposed to be working yet?
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    I just tried B P-II on my shiny new 650. Very happy to see the "disable alerts during call" option. Thanks!
    Is the profile switching supposed to be working yet?
    Yes but there are a few bugs still. Am working on getting rid of them now. The next build will be even better. will be out later tonight.

Jeff
    FYI,
    I induced a reset loop by crossing the time threshold of a profile which turns off bluetooth while a BT connection was active. The system was actually mildly responsive (kept flashing BT config screen (perhaps the last thing I was viewing)) for a crash. A pin reset resulted in a loop which required uninstall of SC.
  18.    #118  
    A new build of SC (B0.8.7) is available. Many updates and fixes as described in the top post.

Jeff
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    FYI,
    I induced a reset loop by crossing the time threshold of a profile which turns off bluetooth while a BT connection was active. The system was actually mildly responsive (kept flashing BT config screen (perhaps the last thing I was viewing)) for a crash. A pin reset resulted in a loop which required uninstall of SC.
    The BT toggle is far less than what I would like it to be! But unfortunately there is little opportunity to provide anything better right now. P1 did *not* public a programatic way to turn off the BT subsystem. What I have provided so far is a "hack" that is not 100%. So use it at your own risk until either P1 releases an API or until I find a way in the back door.

Jeff
  20.    #120  
    You will all be happy to know that I have found a way to *completely* silence the 650! When you enable this mute feature, it is the same as using the hardware switch on the top of the Treo! I will include it in a future build. Probably when I get the new Sound Tab UI implemented.