View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

    7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

    13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

    2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

    2 8.33%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 738
  1.    #81  
    The first functining Beta of PII is now available for testing!!!!! It is located at the top of this forum and at my OTA download site: http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...arevB0.7.3.prc

    This version is the first of many during the beta program. This first version only incorporates the command features of PI. From this point, I will start adding addition command support and BlueTooth location support.

    I did make 1 command format change from PI to PII. The 'K' command now takes an argument or either a 0 or a 1 to indicate turning off(0) or tunring on(1) keyboard lighting.

    I hope you have fun with this beta and supply good feedback so I can make this product fit everyone's needs.

    Jeff
  2. #82  
    Hi Jeff,

    I'm new to ScheduleCare and now that you've got a functioning beta I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, it's crashing all over the place for me. Whenever I change a setting in ScheduleCare, or exit any application while ScheduleCare is running, my Treo 600 (Verizon) resets. The error log says the reset was caused by ScheduleCare with the message "HsExt68KShims.c, Line 4435, undefined Handspring trap." Any ideas?

    Thanks, Jesse
  3. #83  
    this program sounds more complex than an IRS audit.
    will this be usuable by the masses? all I want is simplicity like milans profile app to use w/CF....

    p.s... can u talk w/ shadowmite & help him realize all support & appreciation TC members have for him (& you).. neither of you have to prove anything to anyone.. u guys earned that.. so don't let a few *ssholes outweigh the many behind you.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    this program sounds more complex than an IRS audit.
    will this be usuable by the masses? all I want is simplicity like milans profile app to use w/CF....

    p.s... can u talk w/ shadowmite & help him realize all support & appreciation TC members have for him (& you).. neither of you have to prove anything to anyone.. u guys earned that.. so don't let a few *ssholes outweigh the many behind you.
    Oh it will be a simple program to use! It will also be a very powerful tool for those who want to control their Treo's to the max! I was asked a while ago here to create the "mother of all profile apps". My design goals have been to do just that but at the same time create a simple and easy to use application. I began by releasing the "heart" of the profile system and I tied that initially to calendar entries. Now that the "engine" has been created, I am building a user interface around that engine. I welcome "everybody" to participate in the beta program so their views and needs can be voiced and incorporated into the product.

    At the very simplest level, you will be able to define profiles and then manually toggle them active with a keystroke on the Treo. You can then move to timed profiles where profiles will automatically become active at specific days and times. Then you can move to location based profiles that are BlueTooth enabled. From there you can fine tune your Treo's setting by creating calendar entries around your daily needs for events like meetings, plane flights, etc....

    Does this help bring the applicaiton into perspective?

    Jeff
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    Hi Jeff,

    I'm new to ScheduleCare and now that you've got a functioning beta I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, it's crashing all over the place for me. Whenever I change a setting in ScheduleCare, or exit any application while ScheduleCare is running, my Treo 600 (Verizon) resets. The error log says the reset was caused by ScheduleCare with the message "HsExt68KShims.c, Line 4435, undefined Handspring trap." Any ideas?

    Thanks, Jesse
    Sorry about that Jesse! I was not detecting the which platform SC was running on in all the places I should have been and as a result, I was trying to use some Treo 650 specific resources. Of course, the Treo 600 didn't like this!

    I'll have a new build out later today to address this.

    Thanks for posting the problems!!!!!!

    Jeff
  6. #86  
    OK, cool, thanks! Looking forward to the new version.

    Jesse
  7. #87  
    yes.. better idea now of your intention..
    will it support CF (have u talked w/velocityware)? will it disable calls/emails/ alarms when bt dun enabled (simple toggle or better yet be able to sense bt dun state)?
    TIA
  8. #88  
    Yes mine keeps crashing my Treo 650 as well. And I agree that this app is just too complicated!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Yes mine keeps crashing my Treo 650 as well. And I agree that this app is just too complicated!
    Remember this is the first release of the Beta. I would be very interested in how you think it should be simplified. Is it the UI design that needs to change? I am *very* open at this point to suggestions!!!!!

    Jeff
  10. #90  
    Jeff, I just installed schedule care phase II on my Treo650, and I do want to test it out a little. I read the top post but I'm still not positive about what should be working as of now in Phase II. So far, I haven't experienced any crashes and the UI seems to be fine. On the other hand (using manually set up profiles), nothing seems to be working as of yet (except for the keyboard lighting feature).
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I just installed schedule care phase II on my Treo650, and I do want to test it out a little. I read the top post but I'm still not positive about what should be working as of now in Phase II. So far, I haven't experienced any crashes and the UI seems to be fine. On the other hand (using manually set up profiles), nothing seems to be working as of yet (except for the keyboard lighting feature).
    Under the Profile Manager button, everything is working that does *not* give you a dialog box stating it is not implemeted yet. As a general rule, everything that was supported in PI is working in PII now as profiles *and* as calendar entries. One thing is that Manual profiles are not implemented yet - only timed profiles. Try this: enable profiles on the main screen, create a profile, configure the profile and set it as a timed profile, enable it and then exit ScheduleCare. At the start time of the profile, SC should configure your Treo as you instructed it to.

    The designation of "Manual" will mean that this profile will show up in a profile list when you hit the profile hot key. I need to implement this code yet. So right now the only way to have a profile execute is to set it as a timed profile but this restriction will disappear this week when I get the manual profile code integrated.

    Jeff
  12.    #92  
    New build posted. Version vB0.7.5.

    Incorporates several stability fixes and has been changed to run on the Treo 600.

    Jeff
  13. #93  
    Thanks!! Will give it a try on the 600.
  14. #94  
    Ahhhh.... working much better on my Treo 600.... thanks!

    I know it's not finished, but I have a few early observations:

    • I wanted to look up some of the calendar commands... but when I click on each one to get a description, the only one that comes up is for keyboard light control... no matter which one I click on. This appears to be a redraw issue on my screen.... it's almost as if the correct description is drawn on the screen then superimposed by the keyboard light description. (Sorry, kind of hard to describe...)

    • Is there a way to control the contrast as well as the brightness? My Treo turns on at 5 am to do a backup and it would be nice to have the brightness way down and the contrast way up -- makes the screen as "dark" as possible. (I currently do this with Profeo Lite.)

    • Along those lines.... would it be possible to have an option to keep the keyboard backlight on all the time? I think "day" mode is off all the time and "night" mode is off after 8 seconds of not typing.... is there any way to keep it on, though, even if you're not typing -- that is, whenever the screen is on, the keylights are on? (I currently do this with Profeo LC.)

    Obviously, I'd prefer not to run Profeo Lite and Profeo LC at the same time.... I have high hopes that ScheduleCare can do it all!

    LOOKS GREAT SO FAR!!!!!

    Thanks, Jesse
    Last edited by jberman; 02/27/2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Clarification.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The first functining Beta of PII is now available for testing!!!!! It is located at the top of this forum and at my OTA download site: http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...arevB0.7.3.prc

    This version is the first of many during the beta program. This first version only incorporates the command features of PI. From this point, I will start adding addition command support and BlueTooth location support.

    I did make 1 command format change from PI to PII. The 'K' command now takes an argument or either a 0 or a 1 to indicate turning off(0) or tunring on(1) keyboard lighting.

    I hope you have fun with this beta and supply good feedback so I can make this product fit everyone's needs.

    Jeff
    Great! I have loaded this and so far I am not having the re-boot issue. I will have more to say after tomorrows meetings and schedule setup.

    Thanks for the updates!
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Under the Profile Manager button, everything is working that does *not* give you a dialog box stating it is not implemeted yet. As a general rule, everything that was supported in PI is working in PII now as profiles *and* as calendar entries. One thing is that Manual profiles are not implemented yet - only timed profiles...

    Jeff
    Jeff, Thanks for the clear explanation, makes perfect sense. I'll start using the times profiles so that I can offer any suggestions I think of.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    Ahhhh.... working much better on my Treo 600.... thanks!
    Cool!!

    I know it's not finished, but I have a few early observations:
    That is what this Beta is all about!!
    I wanted to look up some of the calendar commands... but when I click on each one to get a description, the only one that comes up is for keyboard light control... no matter which one I click on. This appears to be a redraw issue on my screen.... it's almost as if the correct description is drawn on the screen then superimposed by the keyboard light description. (Sorry, kind of hard to describe...)
    Formatting problems. I'll fix that.
    Is there a way to control the contrast as well as the brightness? My Treo turns on at 5 am to do a backup and it would be nice to have the brightness way down and the contrast way up -- makes the screen as "dark" as possible. (I currently do this with Profeo Lite.)
    No problem!
    Along those lines.... would it be possible to have an option to keep the keyboard backlight on all the time? I think "day" mode is off all the time and "night" mode is off after 8 seconds of not typing.... is there any way to keep it on, though, even if you're not typing -- that is, whenever the screen is on, the keylights are on? (I currently do this with Profeo LC.)
    Well it is sort of already in the product. I disabled the keyboard logic for 600 users because I didn't think anyone would want it since the keyboard logic "works" on the 600. I will re-enable part of it. In that I mean that I have a "manual" mode that you can toggle with a hotkey that will turn on the keyboard and leave it on until you either power off or you manually untoggle the lights. We can start from there and you can tell me what you would like to see. In my next build I will re-enable that option.


    Obviously, I'd prefer not to run Profeo Lite and Profeo LC at the same time.... I have high hopes that ScheduleCare can do it all!

    LOOKS GREAT SO FAR!!!!!
    Thanks for your feedback pad participation!

    Jeff
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandee2004
    Great! I have loaded this and so far I am not having the re-boot issue. I will have more to say after tomorrows meetings and schedule setup.

    Thanks for the updates!
    Cool thanks! Lets also put together the Beta program so everyone knows what's going on and we get a standard feedback and progress posting process in place early on. The enhancement builds are going to start coming out pretty frequently now.

    Thanks,

    Jeff
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, Thanks for the clear explanation, makes perfect sense. I'll start using the times profiles so that I can offer any suggestions I think of.
    That's great - thanks.

    Sorry about the lack of communication about the features and functions. I will try to better document them in the upcoming builds.

    Jeff
  20. #100  
    I am still having random reboots. Now I have reboots not just in the app but when I go to my zlauncher...
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions