View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637 LastLast
  1.    #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    I have now tested it with B55, and I am happy that it now works precisely as it should. I tested it in the same way as before. I had the kb light switch in the main screen set to "do not change", I wonder whether that used to make a difference.
    No that "should" have no effect on the KB behaviour outside of SC/PC. The reason it now works as expected is because of your help! I made the necessary changes in the application now to have then function correctly.

I have seen the reapply button in SC-Hotkey, I hope that is the first step towards sticky profiles.
    This is a very difficult thing to provide. I am not sure you would want the overhead of trying to maintain a sticky state for all of these settings. Most would require constant polling to maintain their state. Would dramatically slow the Treo down.

Now that you have renamed the SC app ProfileCare, will you also rename SC-Hotkey? I suggest PC-Status, as that app brings up a ProfileCare status display.

In the global options section for hotkeys, the checkbox next to "Power On Status Window" does not work, I have to change the hotkey to "unassigned" to disable that key.
    Well it does work but it does not function like the bottom 2 controls. I know this is a litte confusing but this checkbox only controls the popup power on window from appearing or not appearing immediately after a powerup operation. It does *not* control the status of the HotKey function.

[qupte]I still have a problem with getting ProfileCare to store my settings when I change them. The problem is that the profile manager and the global settings are both behaving like dialogs, in that the settings are only stored when OKayed. But they look and feel like documents, where settings are stored immediately. And to add to the confusion, the calendar manager actually behaves like a document, and stores changes immediately. And although I exactly know how SC works, I still run into this trap regularly.[/quote]
    Yes I understand this as well. Your comments are valid and I will work on this before the launch.

I am personally a fan of automatic restrore points: SC would always apply my settings immediately, but keep a history of my changes for the last two or three sessions with changes, so that I could easily go back to a previous state.
    This would be nice but at this point would require more work than time will allow before the launch next week. I will put this on the concideration list for a future release.

A quicker fix would be for these dialogs to start feeling like dialogs. E.g., the profile configuration dialog looks like a dialog because of the tabs, and I know what to expect, and don't make mistakes. You could provide the same feeling to the global options dialog by adding OK / Cancel to all pages. For the profile manager, there is no cancel option, so why not apply all settings immediately? Currently "back" functions as OK, and the switch to another application as a cancel, which only helps to trip me up: Why should I need to return to the main dialog simply to commit my changes? I am done, everything is fine, and I go back to another application I want to work with. But bang, all my changes are lost!
    Again, I agree and will do something about this before the launch next week.

Jeff
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    I am reading through Tom's manual, and find a lot of references that warn you not to delete the supplied "Low Battery" profile. I thought the actual rules on the low battery situation were as follows: If SC detects that the battery level falls below the indicated threshold, it searches for a profile named "Low Battery". If it can find one, it applies its settings, if not, nothing happens.
    This is correct. I think what Tom is trying to prepare people for getting this installation done correctly. I will review this section of the doc a little closer.

Also when I tested it, SC B55 behaved strange. I created a profile named "Low Battery" that does nothing but set the screen brightness to max. I then set the threshold to 99%. SC activated the profile, and my screen lit up as expected. I set the threshold back to 30%, and SC deactivated the profile. But my screen backlights was now turned off, although I had it at 30% when I started the test.
    I'll check this. So did you have any profiles running prior to the Low Battery Profile executing?

Jeff
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    jeff: i've tried two latest builds, works fine:

but, I'm getting serious slowdown in games, if i mearly disable Profilecare I'm up to full speed. Is this a recent build prob or could you make an exception list??
    Do you by any chance have the mute all option enabled or Game Sounds turned down all the way?

Do you have any profiles active?

Do you have LED Off option enabled?

Trying to get an idea of how PC is configured and what commands are active when you see this slow down in your games? This will give me an idea of why this is happening.

Jeff
  4.    #704  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    Any chance of making ScheduleCare have the feature of making alerts from certain programs make the LED blink?

I know Butler has the ability to make the light blink for alerts, but doesn't have the ability to differentiate between program. Is that possible?

Thanks,
    Jacob
    I actually spent 1 half of a day investigating this option. There is a lot involved in supporting this functionality. It is relatively easy to know when to light up the LED. It is much more difficult to know when to turn off the LED. At this point I would much rather integrate with LEDoff and Butler than redevelop this functionality.

If you have specific programs that you want the LED to blink, send me the list and I will evaluate the work involved with providing that support.

Jeff
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    .55 is working great for me. I also was getting memory errors for versions prior to this. I think it's really cool that you've gotten the mute switch to light up the led, but I was wondering if it's possible to tie this switch to other functions. For example, I only need to use the key guard at certain times. I guick switch of the switch to enable disable keyguard would make it easier. To change it must be a single command since option+power turns it on and off. Thanks again, James
    Would you just rather have the ability to control KeyGuard state through a profile setting?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Do you by any chance have the mute all option enabled or Game Sounds turned down all the way?
    no

I have one profile, a manual one that uses the auto key lights feature, that is all.

not using SC...i do using ledoff, always have with no game speed change

what I've been doing for now is disabling SC then playing then enabling SC..works fine
  7.    #707  
    no

I have one profile, a manual one that uses the auto key lights feature, that is all.

not using SC...i do using ledoff, always have with no game speed change

what I've been doing for now is disabling SC then playing then enabling SC..works fine
    I did some optimization tonight and I think I have made some dramatic improvements in performance. I will post the build in about an hour.

Jeff
  8.    #708  
    Here is the performance build. Can you please verify that I have resolved any performance problems?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Huh? I downloaded the latest version (now called Profile Care?) and it comes up as Schedule Care in my icons but looks totally different from before. Can you put something in the first post explaining this so people (like me) don't have to read through 35 pages of posts to figure out why this is? Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Huh? I downloaded the latest version (now called Profile Care?) and it comes up as Schedule Care in my icons but looks totally different from before. Can you put something in the first post explaining this so people (like me) don't have to read through 35 pages of posts to figure out why this is? Thanks!
    Sure I understand the confusion but your launch Icon should say ProfileCare with the newest builds. Was this the first time you installed the Beta for the *advanced* version of ScheduleCare? If so, what do you think? (I assumed this was your first look at it based on your comment about it looking totally different.)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Would you just rather have the ability to control KeyGuard state through a profile setting?

Jeff
    I think it would be nice to have it be able to set in a profile. I'd have the keyguard on while at work to prevent accidental button taps in my pocket, but at home the keyguard would be off. Between that and the option+power shortcut that would be perfect for keyguard control. Thanks, James
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    I think it would be nice to have it be able to set in a profile. I'd have the keyguard on while at work to prevent accidental button taps in my pocket, but at home the keyguard would be off. Between that and the option+power shortcut that would be perfect for keyguard control. Thanks, James
    i join on this request. It would great to control the keyguard from the profile!
    By the way Jeff, thanks for your work. This is the first time that I partecipate to a beta discussion and it seems to me a great experience.
    Best
    Stefano from Italy
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    OK: 9.56 build: speed back up to 100%! ya!
    BUT..keyboard lights don't seem to work right they go off the first time after a few secs then not again. If I go back to PC then to main launcher they reset and work 1 time again. I know the prfile is still active because I had it dim screen also. KB lights react same whether or not I dim the screen.
  14.    #714  
    OK: 9.56 build: speed back up to 100%! ya!
    BUT..keyboard lights don't seem to work right they go off the first time after a few secs then not again. If I go back to PC then to main launcher they reset and work 1 time again. I know the prfile is still active because I had it dim screen also. KB lights react same whether or not I dim the screen.
    I can not seem to reproduce the keyboard light behavior you describe. Are you running a 600 or a 650? This sounds like it may be related to an installation conflict. Can't say for sure but this just sounds unusual.

Jeff
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zenni
    i join on this request. It would great to control the keyguard from the profile!
    By the way Jeff, thanks for your work. This is the first time that I partecipate to a beta discussion and it seems to me a great experience.
    Best
    Stefano from Italy
    I apprecaite your comments! They mean a great deal to me. I try to run a beta program that gives everyone the freedom to help direct and effect the end product. I also strive to give "functional" beta's that are as stable as possible so everyone can get some real value out of the application during the beta process. In that way people feel comforatable using the application as a part of their everyday life. In this way, usage patterns can be discovered early during the beta stage. For example, Moroner has pointed out the non-intuative way the Global Options scren perform. So now prior to the launch Wends, I am going to re-develop that User Interface and provide Tabs so make the navigation of these screens very intuative.

But seriously, I appreciate your comments and I will try very hard to get KeyGuard included in the 1st release. If I run out of time, I will very quickly after the initial release, put out a service pack with this added.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    cingular branded GSM 650.
  17.    #717  
    cingular branded GSM 650.
    Can you do the following for me? Use FileZ or some other utility to delete jsut the ScheduleCare.prc and ProfileCare.prc files on you Treo. Then just re-install the B56 ProfileCare.prc. I'll bet you will be up and running from there.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Deleted Profilecare.prc using filez, couldn't find a file named schedulecare.prc.
    still getting same behavior: kb lights work fine in launcher but as soon as i go into an app, try datebk5, lights stay on forever and I can't get to turn on profile using hold down menu button. If I go back into PC and disable then enable profiles i'm back up again until I run any app...
  19.    #719  
    Deleted Profilecare.prc using filez, couldn't find a file named schedulecare.prc.
    still getting same behavior: kb lights work fine in launcher but as soon as i go into an app, try datebk5, lights stay on forever and I can't get to turn on profile using hold down menu button. If I go back into PC and disable then enable profiles i'm back up again until I run any app...
    I can not reproduce this behavior. I am still thinking that there may be a problem with the installation. This is the same kind of problem others are reporting related to the name change that I made a few builds ago.

Jeff
  20.    #720  
    New build details in the 1st post.

**** MUST DELETE OLD PRC's before installing B58. You can keep your existing databases though(PDB's).

Jeff

BTW: Thanks to Moroner for the sugestions to change the Global Options Screens. I think you will like the new design.