View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
    Are you like so over "can you add just one more feature" yet?

I currently use Butler to control my LED (On-"leave", Off) and I often have to open Butler to turn the LED off, when I have my 650 charging in the car cradle at night, while I'm driving (damn red LED is blinding). The bright LED is also very distracting when I'm watching movies. Depending on the degree of difficulty for implementing, appears this would be a fantastic addition for profiles (e.g. My "Watch Movies at night" profile would reduce brightness, turn sound way up, turn KB lights off, turn LED off and turn off BT to save battery. Just a thought, take care, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    B47:

If I launch SC-Hotkey after deleting all the SC databases, I still get those 30 messages announcing that my SC database is missing. Since that is something a lot of new users will do, it might be worth fixing to improve "first impressions".
    Good call. I had forgotten about those.

Jeff
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff-

in .48, There seems to be no way to save the time config options. I have entered the offset and variance values numerous times and exited the screen with OK or back then OK or just back to the launcher and no procedure saves the values. As a result, my clock is an hour slow. For the moment, I have disabled the feature and set the clock manually. Am I missing something ?

-X
    Sorry about that!!!! I did something very stupid in the code when I added the Roaming option.

It will be fixed in a build I will put out today.

Jeff
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Are you like so over "can you add just one more feature" yet?

I currently use Butler to control my LED (On-"leave", Off) and I often have to open Butler to turn the LED off, when I have my 650 charging in the car cradle at night, while I'm driving (damn red LED is blinding). The bright LED is also very distracting when I'm watching movies. Depending on the degree of difficulty for implementing, appears this would be a fantastic addition for profiles (e.g. My "Watch Movies at night" profile would reduce brightness, turn sound way up, turn KB lights off, turn LED off and turn off BT to save battery. Just a thought, take care, Kevin.
    That actually makes perfect sense. I will see what I can do.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    I just noticed that the 2day plugin (SCPlugin v1.03) shows a profile even though one is not active at the moment. Actually, the profile that it is showing will not be active until 10:30 p.m. tonight! Is it supposed to show upcoming profiles or only the currenly active profile?
    Is this the way the SCPlugin for 2day is supposed to work?
    -Brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks. This helps! Would people also like to see the opposite? IE. Keep the network connection connected all the time?

Jeff
    I'm not sure they would need to. I think it stays connected always anyways unless the radio shuts it off or an application specifically shuts it down.
    Thanks so much for the manual profile time setting. I've got one problem though. If I have the phone radio off running in a profile, and I call a manual profile to turn the radio on (timed: 1hour, 15 min) then the phone tried to turn on but just hangs with the Phone turning on screen. I have to reset, but when I reset the manual profile is active. In the manual profile I'm not trying to change IR or Bluetooth settings. Thanks again, James
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    Thanks so much for the manual profile time setting. I've got one problem though. If I have the phone radio off running in a profile, and I call a manual profile to turn the radio on (timed: 1hour, 15 min) then the phone tried to turn on but just hangs with the Phone turning on screen. I have to reset, but when I reset the manual profile is active. In the manual profile I'm not trying to change IR or Bluetooth settings. Thanks again, James
    I have tried about 10 times to reproduce this behavior and have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Can you give me some more detail on your environment?

Treo Model:
    Carrier Type: CDMA or GSM

What type of profile is running your "phone off" setting? Timed or Manual?
    What settings are in the "running Profile"?
    What settings are in the "manual profile"?
    Do you have any calendar commands running?

Is this problem repeatable for you?

Thanks,

Jeff
  9.    #649  
    Is this the way the SCPlugin for 2day is supposed to work?
    Good catch! I will report this to Shimon.

Jeff
  10.    #650  
    New build posted. Details in the top post.

Jeff
    With B48, the keyboard behaviour is changed, but not yet right. I now get

Initial State(*): No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Start Profile(*): kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Stop Profile: No profile running, kb lights permanently off
    Start Profile: kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Stop Profile: No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Press kb light hotkey: nothing happens
    Press kb light hotkey again: kb lights turn off, and auto kb lights mode is active

Testing as before with calendar manager disabled, all other profiles disabled, and done directly after a soft reset.
  12.    #652  
    With B48, the keyboard behaviour is changed, but not yet right. I now get

Initial State(*): No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Start Profile(*): kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Stop Profile: No profile running, kb lights permanently off
    Start Profile: kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Stop Profile: No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Press kb light hotkey: nothing happens
    Press kb light hotkey again: kb lights turn off, and auto kb lights mode is active

Testing as before with calendar manager disabled, all other profiles disabled, and done directly after a soft reset.
    Thanks for the detail! I am able to reproduce. Will fix an put out a new build.

Jeff
    I have got two usuability problems with SC, and I wonder whether you would be able to do something about it:

- calendar commands are currently only scanned once daily, plus when profiles kick in. This means that for appointments today, I always have to remember to call up SC to activate my changes. Since you said that the scan only takes milliseconds, it would be nice if bringing up the profile switcher would initiate a scan as well, and if SC could hook itself in so that everytime the device turns off, SC does a scan as well. That way, the activation would be quicker, or if you can implement the second option, completely painless.

- profile commands are not sticky, they can always be manually overriden. Sometimes there are rogue applications out there that override my preferences, and I would like to have a quick way to get back to my desired preferences. I was thinking of providing a "sticky" flag with a profile, that would cause SC to reapply that profiles settings, provided it is active, everytime I called up the profile switcher. That way I would have a quick and painless way to get back to where I want to be.
    Hi Jeff,

I just installed v.49 (overlaying v.48) and am now experiencing a reset attributed to Zlauncher -- Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error. This error happens whenever I try to run a program. Since you mentioned that you were fixing something related to Zlauncher, I thought the 'fix' might be the cause of this problem. BTW, I am using Zlauncher 5.20.

EDIT: If I turn-off SC v.49, the reset issue goes away...and vice-versa. Now, after re-enabling SC, I tried to run CradleCare and was given the message that space on my Treo was critically low and that I should delete some programs. I have 12.8M free....

Thoughts?
    Last edited by bmahan; 04/28/2005 at 04:09 PM.
    -Brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have tried about 10 times to reproduce this behavior and have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Can you give me some more detail on your environment?

Treo Model:
    Carrier Type: CDMA or GSM

What type of profile is running your "phone off" setting? Timed or Manual?
    What settings are in the "running Profile"?
    What settings are in the "manual profile"?
    Do you have any calendar commands running?

Is this problem repeatable for you?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Hmm, It's not doing it anymore. I'll see if it does it tomorrow and get back to you.
  16.    #656  
    I have got two usuability problems with SC, and I wonder whether you would be able to do something about it:

- calendar commands are currently only scanned once daily, plus when profiles kick in. This means that for appointments today, I always have to remember to call up SC to activate my changes. Since you said that the scan only takes milliseconds, it would be nice if bringing up the profile switcher would initiate a scan as well, and if SC could hook itself in so that everytime the device turns off, SC does a scan as well. That way, the activation would be quicker, or if you can implement the second option, completely painless.
    SC scans the calendar database before every program runs. It is *not* necessary to bring up SC to refresh it's knowledge of calendar changes.

- profile commands are not sticky, they can always be manually overriden. Sometimes there are rogue applications out there that override my preferences, and I would like to have a quick way to get back to my desired preferences. I was thinking of providing a "sticky" flag with a profile, that would cause SC to reapply that profiles settings, provided it is active, everytime I called up the profile switcher. That way I would have a quick and painless way to get back to where I want to be.
    I will work on something like that. I think it is a good idea.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I just installed v.49 (overlaying v.48) and am now experiencing a reset attributed to Zlauncher -- Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error. This error happens whenever I try to run a program. Since you mentioned that you were fixing something related to Zlauncher, I thought the 'fix' might be the cause of this problem. BTW, I am using Zlauncher 5.20.

EDIT: If I turn-off SC v.49, the reset issue goes away...and vice-versa. Now, after re-enabling SC, I tried to run CradleCare and was given the message that space on my Treo was critically low and that I should delete some programs. I have 12.8M free....

Thoughts?
    I just installed v.49 with ZL 5.2 on my Sprint/CDMA 650 but can't reproduce the problem. Since you said "overlaying", did you disable SC before installing v.49? Might even just delete the 3 SC apps and reinstall v.49 to see if it goes away. A soft reset after the apps are deleted would also be good.
  18.    #658  
    Hi Jeff,

Thoughts?
    I think I had a bad build with B49. I think the compiler corrupted it. I have posted B50 that hopefully corrects this problem. I also bundled in the KB fixes that Moroner found.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Did a hard reset and restore using Backupman. Then, I uninstalled SC using Uninstall Manager. I did a soft reset prior to installing v.50. After setting SC up again & recreating my profiles, things seemed fine for a little while..... Suddenly, I started getting the resets & funky messages about needing to delete files & problems with Preferences.c again. This problem appeared with v.49 & still is happening with v.50.

Anybody else having issues with corrupt Preferences (I assume) like me?
    -Brian-
    Sorry, I've got the same setup and have never had ZL crash. In fact, I can't remember ZL crashing in the 15 months I've had it (600->650). Lots of other things crash the Treo, but not ZL.

I don't know how much you've customized ZL, but would it be possible to uninstall/reinstall ZL or at least the ZLauncherDB.pdb file? I'm totally guessing here, but perhaps the ZL prefs got messed up somewhere/somehow. I'm not doubting your results, but have a hard time figuring out what SC could do to interfere.