View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Hi Jeff,

In v.47, I am trying to use the Global Option which Keeps the System Clock Current but the DST offset is being ignored.

The steps I took are:

1) In Global Options, I configured the time settings to include a 60-minute offset for DST.
    2) I changed the update start time to 2:00 a.m. since I have a back-up which runs at 3:00 a.m.
    3) I pressed OK to return to the Global Options screen, enabled the Keep System Clock Current by checking the box. This made the SET button visible.
    4) I pressed the SET button and my Treo 650 connected to vision and did it's thing. The LED changed colors during this process.
    5) Now, when I check the time, it is an hour off. The 60-minute offset did not get added to it.

If I soft reset my Treo 650 and re-do the above steps, the time is updated correctly (including the offset).

Previously, I had mentioned to you (@ MTDN?) that the 5-way gets disabled by the Active Profiles Pop-up if I happen to be in Blazer. This is still the case even in the latest version. I have to touch the screen in order to get the 5-way to scroll again.
    -Brian-
    Hi again,

I just noticed that the 2day plugin (SCPlugin v1.03) shows a profile even though one is not active at the moment. Actually, the profile that it is showing will not be active until 10:30 p.m. tonight! Is it supposed to show upcoming profiles or only the currenly active profile?

Thanks.
    -Brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    if u have vibrate notification selected in the mailbox setup... does that setting take priority over SC setting?
    Yes John, as Jeff mentioned in his follow-up post, it looks like this is the case.
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Hi Jeff,

In v.47, I am trying to use the Global Option which Keeps the System Clock Current but the DST offset is being ignored.

The steps I took are:

1) In Global Options, I configured the time settings to include a 60-minute offset for DST.
    2) I changed the update start time to 2:00 a.m. since I have a back-up which runs at 3:00 a.m.
    3) I pressed OK to return to the Global Options screen, enabled the Keep System Clock Current by checking the box. This made the SET button visible.
    4) I pressed the SET button and my Treo 650 connected to vision and did it's thing. The LED changed colors during this process.
    5) Now, when I check the time, it is an hour off. The 60-minute offset did not get added to it.

If I soft reset my Treo 650 and re-do the above steps, the time is updated correctly (including the offset).
    The reason for this is that your changes had not yet been committed at the time you hit the SET button. In order to be able to throw away all changes if you hit the cancel button, I delay writing the configuration changes to the database unitl you hit the OK button. Given this was the only control on the screen and would seldomly be used immediately following an update to the config screen, I did not put the extra effort into saving just that one value. So the net-net is that if you make a change to the DST field, back all the way out the the main window and then go back into the global settings screen and hit the SET button. It will know about your DST custom setting this time.

Previously, I had mentioned to you (@ MTDN?) that the 5-way gets disabled by the Active Profiles Pop-up if I happen to be in Blazer. This is still the case even in the latest version. I have to touch the screen in order to get the 5-way to scroll again.
    I will re-check. thanks for bringing it back up again.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. I understood that the kb light controls within SC were not functional for the 600 at this point and the need to have them for the 650 first. But, since I hadn't used them before today, I never had this issue. I was mainly raising it due to the fact that the default (sample) profiles arrive with these functions toggled 'on' and unlike BT, which is transparent to 600 users (at least for me), the default profiles render the device useless (or at least in high battery drain mode) due to the screen being constantly on under these conditions.

Is this issue reproducable for other 600 users?

Thanks again
    John
    greenawayj - is it ok with you to wait for a "couple of days" (Jeff's ETA)? I could post an update to the doc and profiles tonight, so I'm wondering if you/anyone else wants the KB stuff disabled in a Treo600-specific set of profiles. LMK.
  7.    #627  
    New build posted. As always the details are posted in the top post.

Jeff

** This build again will reset your GLOBAL OPTIONS Settings **
    Jeff - did some more research into apps which control the BT radio.

Other than BlueFang, the only one I found that seemed interesting was BtToggle. He offers an SDK to sub-launch BtToggle from another app but I couldn't for sure if it uses the U/I to control the radio (and don't have time to d/l and test right now). It looks to me like you'd have to have BtToggle already installed for the SDK to work (as opposed to just the object files), so that would add 76K bloat. May/may not be a real option, but thought I'd pass it on.

While I was googling, I also ran across the PalmSource links. I suspect you have this and more already:

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-a...sp-q=bluetooth

http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do...Companion.html

http://news.palmos.com/read/messages?id=182046#182046
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    greenawayj - is it ok with you to wait for a "couple of days" (Jeff's ETA)? I could post an update to the doc and profiles tonight, so I'm wondering if you/anyone else wants the KB stuff disabled in a Treo600-specific set of profiles. LMK.
    Tomvb2000--

No problem with me. Now that I know what to turn off in your profiles, I'm fine.

Don't make any more work for yourself right now. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't doing something wrong or another program wasn't causing this for me. Thanks again.

John
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Tomvb2000--

No problem with me. Now that I know what to turn off in your profiles, I'm fine.

Don't make any more work for yourself right now. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't doing something wrong or another program wasn't causing this for me. Thanks again.

John
    I plan on fixing the T600 KB lights issues before the rollout next week. So hopefully this doc change does not have to happen.

I want the only difference between the 600 and the 650 to be BT support.

Jeff
  11.    #631  
    Jeff - did some more research into apps which control the BT radio.

Other than BlueFang, the only one I found that seemed interesting was BtToggle. He offers an SDK to sub-launch BtToggle from another app but I couldn't for sure if it uses the U/I to control the radio (and don't have time to d/l and test right now). It looks to me like you'd have to have BtToggle already installed for the SDK to work (as opposed to just the object files), so that would add 76K bloat. May/may not be a real option, but thought I'd pass it on.

While I was googling, I also ran across the PalmSource links. I suspect you have this and more already:

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-a...sp-q=bluetooth

http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do...Companion.html

http://news.palmos.com/read/messages?id=182046#182046
    Thanks for the update! Yes I have seen most of this information already. I also do not see a big advantage to BtToggle since I am having to launch it rather than the preferences app. I think now that I have gone to the new architecture for command execution, the BT problems have for the most part disappeared. I will continue to try and find an alternative but it will have to be after the official launch at this point.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks for the update! So for this functionality, would you just want to have the network connection shutdown after X minutes or just when the Treo goes to sleep?

Jeff
    In general if the screen is still on, then I am probably still using the data network in some way, either working on email and about to transmit, etc. So timeout for my purposes should be after the screen goes off.

I am ok with options of 1) at screen timeout, 2) 30 sec's after screen timeout, 3) 1 minute after screen timeout, 4) 2 minutes after screen timeout or allow for entry of an amount in seconds after screen timeout if that is easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    New build posted. As always the details are posted in the top post.

Jeff

** This build again will reset your GLOBAL OPTIONS Settings **
    Here is draft9 of the user guide and associated profiles updated for build 48. I've renamed the doc with "B48" in the name for easier tracking. Changes:
    - updates for build 48
    - took the manual attribute off Commute (am) and Commute (pm) and added a Bluetooth on manual profile (see post 605)
    - Lunch and Meeting manual profiles are now 1 hour duration
    - Movie manual profile is now 2h30m duration
    - Added a note about getting started with profiles (see posts 568 and 569)
    - Added a note about getting started with profiles (see posts 603 and 604)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    In general if the screen is still on, then I am probably still using the data network in some way, either working on email and about to transmit, etc. So timeout for my purposes should be after the screen goes off.

I am ok with options of 1) at screen timeout, 2) 30 sec's after screen timeout, 3) 1 minute after screen timeout, 4) 2 minutes after screen timeout or allow for entry of an amount in seconds after screen timeout if that is easier.
    Thanks. This helps! Would people also like to see the opposite? IE. Keep the network connection connected all the time?

Jeff
    Given I have GoodLink and Causerie running in the background, I think those will keep the data connection by themselves. If not, I'd turn off the option in SC. Actually, I'd probably leave it off just to be sure.
  16.    #636  
    Here is draft9 of the user guide and associated profiles updated for build 48. I've renamed the doc with "B48" in the name for easier tracking. Changes:
    - updates for build 48
    - took the manual attribute off Commute (am) and Commute (pm) and added a Bluetooth on manual profile (see post 605)
    - Lunch and Meeting manual profiles are now 1 hour duration
    - Movie manual profile is now 2h30m duration
    - Added a note about getting started with profiles (see posts 568 and 569)
    - Added a note about getting started with profiles (see posts 603 and 604)
    When do you think we should start updating the docs to reflect the new name(s). I am feelign pretty comforatable with the names:

ScheduleCare for the calendar only product purcahse
    ProfileCare for the profile only product purchase

Basically the same application will have 2 different names depending on what product functionality you purchase. In the about window there are 2 license key fields. One for ScheduleCare and one for Profile care. If you purchase both products, then you will fill in both keys. If you only purchase one product, then you install the license key for the product you purchased but you have a very easy upgrade path. Just enter a second license key and you are on your way!

Jeff
    Ahhh, I see the master plan now. I previously thought we'd end up doing a major rename to ProfileCare. I'm ok with doing it any time and will include it for the next doc release. I don't think it'll take too much to do.
    B47:

If I launch SC-Hotkey after deleting all the SC databases, I still get those 30 messages announcing that my SC database is missing. Since that is something a lot of new users will do, it might be worth fixing to improve "first impressions".
    will there also b a feature list for each app? I really don't need calendar scheduled profiles.. but want the profile care w/all the goodies (schedule times & manual for radio & BT, volume care features etc). any idea which features for each app & any overlap. it would b best for those like me if schedule car (not PC) only dealt w/datebook-calender triggers. IMO.. for those who need it. And PC for all other bulk of features. If this was already your plan... great!
    anxious for release,
    john
    Jeff-

in .48, There seems to be no way to save the time config options. I have entered the offset and variance values numerous times and exited the screen with OK or back then OK or just back to the launcher and no procedure saves the values. As a result, my clock is an hour slow. For the moment, I have disabled the feature and set the clock manually. Am I missing something ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004