View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Jeff, I use chatter e-mail and I've noticed that even with everything set to mute (including all the options in SC for the different positions for the slider button), the treo will still vibrate when I get a new e-mail (and the slider position is set in the off/vibrate position). SC does mute the sound, just not the vibrate. Is this an issue that you are aware of?
    if u have vibrate notification selected in the mailbox setup... does that setting take priority over SC setting?
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I use chatter e-mail and I've noticed that even with everything set to mute (including all the options in SC for the different positions for the slider button), the treo will still vibrate when I get a new e-mail (and the slider position is set in the off/vibrate position). SC does mute the sound, just not the vibrate. Is this an issue that you are aware of?
    This is indeed possible! Many 3rd party applications do not use/follow the Treo's default preferences for volume, tones and vibrate notifications. It sounds like Chatter is one of those programs. Sounds are much easier to stop so that is why SC is able to stop the sound notification. The vibrate is nearly impossible to stop as applications have full access to the vibrator for alerts. There is no way that I know of to "disconnect" the vibrate motor like I can with the speaker. I hope this helps.

Jeff
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    if u have vibrate notification selected in the mailbox setup... does that setting take priority over SC setting?
    See the post above this one. But to answer your questions directly, it all depends. Applications have direct access to the vibrate notification. They can choose to references the Treo's saved preferences or to ignore them. There is no ways to prevent an application from using the vibrate alert.

Jeff
    Thanks for the new Profile Manager screen - won't have to scroll near as much to get at the manual profiles. Unless someone objects, I plan to make the following change to the default profiles for the next release:

- Turn off the manual option for Commute (am) and Commute (pm) and add a new "Bluetooth on" manual (only) profile which simply turns the BT radio on

This will make 12 profiles with the manual attribute so they fit on just 2 Profile Manager screens. Seems "cleaner" that way without a loss in functionality.

I think there is one problem with the new Profile Manager screen. If you select the button with the stylus, you actually get the next profile in the list. If you use 5way nav, you get the one you chose. For example:

Code:
    Low Battery       Movie
    Lunch             Night
    Meeting           Overnight
    Picking Meeting with the stylus invokes Movie, picking Movie invokes Night, etc.

Thanks as always Jeff.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Thanks for the new Profile Manager screen - won't have to scroll near as much to get at the manual profiles. Unless someone objects, I plan to make the following change to the default profiles for the next release:

- Turn off the manual option for Commute (am) and Commute (pm) and add a new "Bluetooth on" manual (only) profile which simply turns the BT radio on

This will make 12 profiles with the manual attribute so they fit on just 2 Profile Manager screens. Seems "cleaner" that way without a loss in functionality.

I think there is one problem with the new Profile Manager screen. If you select the button with the stylus, you actually get the next profile in the list. If you use 5way nav, you get the one you chose. For example:

Code:
    Low Battery Movie
    Lunch Night
    Meeting Overnight
    Picking Meeting with the stylus invokes Movie, picking Movie invokes Night, etc.

Thanks as always Jeff.
    Good catch! Will fix ASAP.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff. Just installed 4.26 along with tomvb2000's default profiles.

Immediately after install, I found that I could not turn off my T600 (turn off the screen, not the radio). The screen tries to turn off, but immediately comes back on. It does not even allow the auto-shutoff after xx seconds feature.

After testing a few minutes, it appears to be the "Auto Keyboard Lights" setting on the Display tab for the Day profile (among others I'm sure). If I modify that setting to --- the screen does shut off properly with either my top button or the T600 button #4 (power/lock).

Honestly, I hadn't tested your display tab functionality before (except auto-off time) since I'm still using BrightCam for all my display and keyboard light controls based on surroundings. I've only lightly followed the thread on those subjects and I think the keyboard light functionality is not implemented on the 600?? Is it possible that this setting causes the screen to refuse to power off?

I think the default profiles are great, but if this functionality doesn't work (yet) then maybe tomvb2000 can include default profiles for the 600 and the 650 in the production release?? (This can also have --- for bluetooth and accordingly does not need to include the commute profiles?) I know it's easy enough to modify the default profiles after installing them, but if you want to release default profiles to allow users to quick-start, it might be a good idea to have two versions...

Again, thanks for the great program and support

John
    Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    I think the default profiles are great, but if this functionality doesn't work (yet) then maybe tomvb2000 can include default profiles for the 600 and the 650 in the production release?? (This can also have --- for bluetooth and accordingly does not need to include the commute profiles?) I know it's easy enough to modify the default profiles after installing them, but if you want to release default profiles to allow users to quick-start, it might be a good idea to have two versions...
    If we need to have two versions, we can, but I honestly don't want to:
    1. It's more maintenance work for me
    2. More importantly, I no longer have a 600 to test with and don't like sending things out blind (even though that's what I've done so far)

Jeff and I were talking about this awhile back and believe that SC already handles the 600 vs 650 features and will basically ignore the BT radio stuff on a 600. Perhaps similar device-specific tweaking needs to be done for the KB lights as well.

I assume you disabled BrightCam during your SC testing, right? Any other apps running that might cause it? I can easily see it could happen if two apps were fighting each other for control of the screen.
    Hi Jeff. Just installed 4.26 along with tomvb2000's default profiles.
    I just noticed you mentioned version "4.26". Was that a typo given SC phase II is at "build 47"?
    Hi Jeff,

You are really cranking on this cool. Given up on the KB Autolight (on when I touch the KB, off after 10 seconds). This is the behaviour of my 650, when I use the KB LightsOff software; thought SC would do this instead, but no combination of the settings within a profile seems to make this work, KB light either stays on or off.

Had checked Keep System Clock current, but I did not enter 60 in the DST box. I had not unchecked the Sync with network option in the preferences. When my Treo alarm went off this morning, it was an hour late because I had not set the DST minutes. Is it possible to let SC default to the "normal" network sync, if this options is checked? I do like the idea of potenially letting the SC set time, as people believe the the preference setting causes resets. How does SC sync time; if I travel several time zones, does it sync to the current time zone? Thanks, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Hi Tom-- Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    If we need to have two versions, we can, but I honestly don't want to:
    1. It's more maintenance work for me
    2. More importantly, I no longer have a 600 to test with and don't like sending things out blind (even though that's what I've done so far)

Jeff and I were talking about this awhile back and believe that SC already handles the 600 vs 650 features and will basically ignore the BT radio stuff on a 600. Perhaps similar device-specific tweaking needs to be done for the KB lights as well.

I assume you disabled BrightCam during your SC testing, right? Any other apps running that might cause it? I can easily see it could happen if two apps were fighting each other for control of the screen.
    Personally, I'm fine with your default profiles as-is. I feel very comfortable deleting the ones I don't need and editing the others to my personal needs. This works as long as the un-supported features are truly transparent to the user. The main concern I had was having 600 users in an unstable condition upon install of the app b/c of the inability to turn off the screen.

To answer your other questions:

At the time I installed it this morning, I was using 4.26. The same problem occurs in 4.27 as well.
    BrightCam was not enabled. I've actually deleted BC just in case merely having it installed causes the problem.
    I've since tested this with other 'running apps' disabled KeyCaps600, KeyGTime, and LED Off. The problem still occurs.

Thanks again for the feedback.
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Just wondering.
    There is no registration needed in the beta. The software should function through next week (I think) without asking for a registration key.

Jeff
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Hi Jeff,

You are really cranking on this cool. Given up on the KB Autolight (on when I touch the KB, off after 10 seconds). This is the behaviour of my 650, when I use the KB LightsOff software; thought SC would do this instead, but no combination of the settings within a profile seems to make this work, KB light either stays on or off.
    That is definitely not the way it is supposted to work. I know this does get confusing because there are 3 different keyboard configurations within SC. I am wondering if you have the right one configured to give you the Auto KB feature? This feature is only available from the Display tab within each profile definition. Then only when you have the Lamp all YELLOW will you get auto KB lights when that profile is active. The changes I made in B46 fixed all remaining problems with KB lights that I know about. Also remember that if you toggle the KB lights on with the HotKey, you will override the Auto feature.

Had checked Keep System Clock current, but I did not enter 60 in the DST box. I had not unchecked the Sync with network option in the preferences. When my Treo alarm went off this morning, it was an hour late because I had not set the DST minutes. Is it possible to let SC default to the "normal" network sync, if this options is checked? I do like the idea of potenially letting the SC set time, as people believe the the preference setting causes resets. How does SC sync time; if I travel several time zones, does it sync to the current time zone? Thanks, Kevin.
    Yes it does make a difference if you do not put in your DST offset. Also, I am the one that discovered the problem with the "Enable Local Network Time" option. This option does an very bad job of setting the current time. For one it only sets the time when you power up your radio and when you come into a serive area from a no-service area. Then when it does set the time, it first sets the time to a date in the 1980's! This causes many programs to become very confused and has caused many crashes and corrupted data. Then it will set the date to the current date/time. It does this even if the clocks match. I have also seen many times where a time update did not complete properly and my system clock was left in the 1980's!

My solution will only set the time if it needs to be set. It will however not pick up on the time zone you are in. That is indeed a nice feature of the builtin utility but the negative implications of the builtin are far worse.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
  15.    #615  
    Hi Tom-- Thanks for your thoughts.

Personally, I'm fine with your default profiles as-is. I feel very comfortable deleting the ones I don't need and editing the others to my personal needs. This works as long as the un-supported features are truly transparent to the user. The main concern I had was having 600 users in an unstable condition upon install of the app b/c of the inability to turn off the screen.

To answer your other questions:

At the time I installed it this morning, I was using 4.26. The same problem occurs in 4.27 as well.
    BrightCam was not enabled. I've actually deleted BC just in case merely having it installed causes the problem.
    I've since tested this with other 'running apps' disabled KeyCaps600, KeyGTime, and LED Off. The problem still occurs.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Are you sure you are running the current software build? The numbers you are listing are *very* old. The current build is: vB0.9.46

Jeff
    Hi Jeff, Thanks so much for quick e-mails back. I'm very confident I understand how your KB Lights should now opperate, but still no joy. As I mentioned previously, I assume it's a matter of some other "utility" software interfering. Please let me know if there is anything I can provide you to help.

Kudos for discovering issue with network sync, I know there are a lot of people who feel confident this is an issue for them. Just a friendly suggestion though, SC seems a little complicated (which is a good thing , perhaps you could indicated on the DST minute offset "(typically 60)" because I was not sure what you intended (and of course, I didn't have the manual handy when I was playing with this). Another suggestion might be to use a drop down box of zero, one or two hours instead.

Looking forward to purchasing!! Take care, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Hi Jeff, Thanks so much for quick e-mails back. I'm very confident I understand how your KB Lights should now opperate, but still no joy. As I mentioned previously, I assume it's a matter of some other "utility" software interfering. Please let me know if there is anything I can provide you to help.
    If you can, send me these files from your instllation.

ScheduleCareDB
    SC-Profiles
    KeyboardDB

Try to capture the files when you have a profile running that has KB lights enabled. I can then trace these files to see what is happening.

Kudos for discovering issue with network sync, I know there are a lot of people who feel confident this is an issue for them. Just a friendly suggestion though, SC seems a little complicated (which is a good thing , perhaps you could indicated on the DST minute offset "(typically 60)" because I was not sure what you intended (and of course, I didn't have the manual handy when I was playing with this). Another suggestion might be to use a drop down box of zero, one or two hours instead.

Looking forward to purchasing!! Take care, Kevin.
    Thanks for the feedback! I will put a note int he DST page for this. I am reluctant to make it a drop down because there are parts of the world that can benefit from a time offset that is not based on 60 minute intervals.

Jeff
    Sorry. I'm up to date --- vB0.9.46. I have no idea where I got the 26 or 27 from-- I wrote 26 when I meant 46 and 27 when I wrote 47. It was early here in Seattle when I wrote this!!!

Anyway, I'm up to date and definitely having this problem. I can try a hard reset and clean install tomorrow if you can't reproduce it.

[edit] Just tried to disable my auto-keyguard (set to 5 seconds after screen power off) to see if that had any effect. No change. Unless the "AutoKeyboardLights setting" is "---" my T600 screen will not turn off. Either "Yellow bulb" or "Black Bulb" result in the unstable condition.

John
    Last edited by greenawayj; 04/27/2005 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Hi tomvb2000,

Would it be possible for you to provide the Profiles in a DISABLED state? I would rather be able to go through and enable which ones I want rather than having them mess with my settings by default. Especially, since installation (of these profiles) is done as a group... To me, it would be preferable to know the purpose of each particular profile prior to enabling it. This can be achieved by reading the manual (or Help screens?). BTW -- Nice job on the manual!
    I think the provided profiles are great, very helpful, but I do agree (mostly) with this sentiment. Having the manual profiles on by default is perfectly fine, but also having the timed element on by default is likely to be somewhat confusing to people.

I do want to note once again that I am appreciative of all the effort that went in to creating these profiles. I find them very useful and will probably use them myself.
  20.    #620  
    Sorry. I'm up to date --- vB0.9.46. I have no idea where I got the 26 or 27 from-- I wrote 26 when I meant 46 and 27 when I wrote 47. It was early here in Seattle when I wrote this!!!

Anyway, I'm up to date and definitely having this problem. I can try a hard reset and clean install tomorrow if you can't reproduce it.

[edit] Just tried to disable my auto-keyguard (set to 5 seconds after screen power off) to see if that had any effect. No change. Unless the "AutoKeyboardLights setting" is "---" my T600 screen will not turn off. Either "Yellow bulb" or "Black Bulb" result in the unstable condition.

John
    Oh that is the case then! I have not implemented KB lights on the 600 yet. It behaves completely different than the 650! The need was greatest on the 650 since that unit had NO light control at all. KB lights are on all the time.

I will be working on the 600 light control over the next couple of days.

Jeff