View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    All,

This is the official announcement of a contest to win one of 3 free license keys for ProfileCare (aka ScheduleCare Phase II).

The contest will be for the most creative and useful profile layouts. The entries will be judged by Xathros, tomvb2000 and myself. A simple profile layout has already been created and will be distributed with the product. My goal in this contest is to also distribute the 3 winners' profiles with ProfileCare at the time it goes to market in approximately 1 week.

To be elligable for the prize, your profile set needs to have the following documentation:

1) High-level description of what your profile set accomplishes for you.
    2) A description of each profile and its purpose
    3) The biggest benefit you see in ProfileCare
    4) A quick testimony of your experience with GoTreo Software and the beta process that was conducted for ProfileCare(I'm not looking for brown nosing. Just honest feedback.)
    5) (optional but effective) Screen shots of the Detailed Status Window during each state of your profile setup. (this will really help create and distribute the documentation) I have put the program "snap" on my download site http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...party/snap.prc so you can take screen shots of this screen. (I use the Tungstun up mapping for the 5-way up)

Good luck to all!!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    New build posted. Details in the top post.

Jeff
    I assume the icons for IR on/off are different, correct? I can't seem to see the change.

I'm using the default profiles I posted last night and since the Default state is the only running profile which sets IR on/off, it should be easy to test. Whether on or off, SCHotKey seems to show the same thing. I've confirmed the IR is actually turning on and off via the Prefs Power panel.
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I assume the icons for IR on/off are different, correct? I can't seem to see the change.

I'm using the default profiles I posted last night and since the Default state is the only running profile which sets IR on/off, it should be easy to test. Whether on or off, SCHotKey seems to show the same thing. I've confirmed the IR is actually turning on and off via the Prefs Power panel.
    Good catch. I messed up in the assignment of Icons for this status display. It will be fixed in the next build. Let me know if you need this for screen shots and I will ship you a build. I don't want to put out a public build to just fix this icon. I would rather wait until tomorrow night when I will have some additional things to put in the build.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. If the stuff coming tomorrow changes the SC-HotKey display for some other reason beside IR icon, I'll wait till tomorrow night since I'll have to re-shoot them anyway. If the SCHK display isn't changing, I'll take an early one to get the screenshots done ahead of time. Looks like we're getting down to the wire here, huh?
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 04/25/2005 at 11:21 PM. Reason: added "for some other reason beside IR icon"
    That helps. Do you do a lot of manual profile switching? Do your manual profiles have a duration or are they unlimited? Are you launching programs with the side button? I am trying to get a picture of your normal usage. This may also help direct me to the right place to look.

Jeff
    Jeff, actually I do use the manual profile switching quite a bit. I almost never have any timed profiles, and they are always unlimited (no set duration).

I use the "menu" button to bring up the profile switcher. As far as the "side button" goes (not sure why you are asking about the sidebutton?), I do use it to launch other programs. I use it in conjunction with kb lights off to double click and turn the keyboard lights on/off. I also use a hard press (with the sidebutton) to bring up hi launcher.

As a side note, thanks for adding in the funtionality for the side button to ignore the palm os native tendancy to activate the keyboard lights (when using the double click)!
    Behaviour of auto keyboard lights mode:
    When I have a profile that turns on auto key board light mode, the following happens.
    Initial State(*): No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Start Profile(*): kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Stop Profile: No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Start Profile: kb lights now permanently on
    Press kb light hotkey: nothing happens
    Press kb light hotkey again: kb lights turn off, and auto kb lights mode is active

I would have expected that both states marked with (*) would repeat themselves as I start and stop the profile.

I personally would prefer if SC would scrap the "kb lights permanently off" option, and would only allow "kb lights permanently on" and "kb lights off, but turned on by keypress for 10s". If not, I would like to have both the profile setting and the hotkey to cycle through the three options. The hotkey could, when switching to "auto kb light mode", announce that by turning on the lights for 0.5s, and then leaving them off in auto mode.

BTW, the profile is manual only, no other profiles are enabled and the calendar manager is off.

Setting the display brightness in the profile configuration:
    When I change the display brightness with my finger, and then with the 5-way, the value is permanently changed, instead of being set back to its previous value. Since the brightness feedback with the 5-way does not work well anyway (it causes a lot of flashing, when it restores the value), I suggest that you stop providing brightness feedback with the 5-way.

Auto off duration
    If I change the auto off duration in a profile, I cannot change it back to the "do not change" value.
    For us manual profile switching people, do you think a time value can be added for a manual profile before the release of ProfileCare? Thanks again, James
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, actually I do use the manual profile switching quite a bit. I almost never have any timed profiles, and they are always unlimited (no set duration).
    Cool - thanks.

I use the "menu" button to bring up the profile switcher. As far as the "side button" goes (not sure why you are asking about the sidebutton?), I do use it to launch other programs. I use it in conjunction with kb lights off to double click and turn the keyboard lights on/off. I also use a hard press (with the sidebutton) to bring up hi launcher.
    Thanks!

As a side note, thanks for adding in the funtionality for the side button to ignore the palm os native tendancy to activate the keyboard lights (when using the double click)!
    You are welcome. As a side note, I also made a change that should fix the problem where the menu button does not work sometimes. I hope you can verify that this fix is working.

Jeff
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Behaviour of auto keyboard lights mode:
    When I have a profile that turns on auto key board light mode, the following happens.
    Initial State(*): No profile running, kb lights permanently on
    Start Profile(*): kb lights are initially off, and auto kb lights mode is active
    Start Profile: kb lights now permanently on
    Press kb light hotkey: nothing happens
    Press kb light hotkey again: kb lights turn off, and auto kb lights mode is active

I would have expected that both states marked with (*) would repeat themselves as I start and stop the profile.
    I will try to recreate and fix ASAP.

I personally would prefer if SC would scrap the "kb lights permanently off" option, and would only allow "kb lights permanently on" and "kb lights off, but turned on by keypress for 10s". If not, I would like to have both the profile setting and the hotkey to cycle through the three options. The hotkey could, when switching to "auto kb light mode", announce that by turning on the lights for 0.5s, and then leaving them off in auto mode.
    I will give this some thought. The implementation I will probably go with is an additional state option - always on.

BTW, the profile is manual only, no other profiles are enabled and the calendar manager is off.
    Thanks. I was wondering. This really helps to isolate the issues.

Setting the display brightness in the profile configuration:
    When I change the display brightness with my finger, and then with the 5-way, the value is permanently changed, instead of being set back to its previous value. Since the brightness feedback with the 5-way does not work well anyway (it causes a lot of flashing, when it restores the value), I suggest that you stop providing brightness feedback with the 5-way.
    I will look into this ASAP as well.

Auto off duration
    If I change the auto off duration in a profile, I cannot change it back to the "do not change" value.
    You are right! I broke this in the current impementation. Will fix ASAP.

GREAT Feedback! Thanks.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for you patience trying to resolve this; I assume its a software conflict problem, but pehaps I'm just really dense. Based on your last response, I have tried all combinations of KB Light settings on the Main screen (on, off) and Manual profile (on, off, ---); while the Global setting for KB Side button is unchecked. Once I leave SC, the KB either stays all on or all off. In some combinations, the KB light flips its state from off to on or vise versa when I open SC. I have 10mb available; running a full SD card and I am running the following at the same time: zLauncher, Keyboard (Thinkoutside driver - driver is running, although I am not using the TO keyboard during this testing),PXA Clocker, Butler, Uninstall, Phone Pad, Technician and RNS::Hi-Launcher. Take care, Kevin. p.s. Still runing .42
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for you patience trying to resolve this; I assume its a software conflict problem, but pehaps I'm just really dense. Based on your last response, I have tried all combinations of KB Light settings on the Main screen (on, off) and Manual profile (on, off, ---); while the Global setting for KB Side button is unchecked. Once I leave SC, the KB either stays all on or all off. In some combinations, the KB light flips its state from off to on or vise versa when I open SC. I have 10mb available; running a full SD card and I am running the following at the same time: zLauncher, Keyboard (Thinkoutside driver - driver is running, although I am not using the TO keyboard during this testing),PXA Clocker, Butler, Uninstall, Phone Pad, Technician and RNS::Hi-Launcher. Take care, Kevin. p.s. Still runing .42
    OK. Lets walk through the process.

The behavior you are seeing is based on SC trying to provide KB light control while you are inside of SC maintaining your profiles. When you enter SC it will save the state of the KB lights as they were prior to entering SC. Then the KB lights will take on the state that is described by the Icon in the lower right hand corner of the main screen. Then as you exit SC, the KB lights will resume the state they were in prior to entering SC.

There are 2 other ways SC can control the keyboard lights:

Manual HotKey toggling
    Automatic Mode via Profile settings

Jeff
  12.    #592  

This is a must install build based on the problems it fixes.

Jeff
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Jeff,

vb09.41 is much more stable on t600 verizon.

one suggestion, and perhaps I don't understand the keyboard functions, however, I would like the option to keep the keyboard ON for the entire time of the display auto off time, or keep keyboard off entirely, or 10 second timeout (palm default). The always on until auto screen off is especially important at night for me to see the keyboard in the dark. I think your options only allow for never on or 10 sec timeout for keyboard.

one remaining error. If I override to a manual profile with mute all on, then the radio tries to turn on and hang still.

[edit] and the auto keyboard lights function still goes into and endless loop if set on.

your getting close on the t600 side.
    Tha hang has now been fixed in build B46!

Jeff
    Jeff,

would it be possible for you to link to Tom's latest draft manual from your head post? That way, I could find it back much easier.
    I'm traveling internationally now and have come up with another suggestion.

Could you add the ability to shut off the data network with a certain timeout similar to the radio shutoff. For example, close data network upon screen time out, 15 seconds after screen timeout, 30 seconds after screen timeout, 1min, 2 min.

This would be great for saving $'s on international data usage which charges per minute when the green arrows are on regardless of if you are transmitting or receiving data.

Also, could we get a hotkey option of using the left option button on the t600. It's the lower left button with a blue dot on it. I'm not sure if that button is also on the t650.
  16.    #596  
    I'm traveling internationally now and have come up with another suggestion.

Could you add the ability to shut off the data network with a certain timeout similar to the radio shutoff. For example, close data network upon screen time out, 15 seconds after screen timeout, 30 seconds after screen timeout, 1min, 2 min.

This would be great for saving $'s on international data usage which charges per minute when the green arrows are on regardless of if you are transmitting or receiving data.
    I will work on that. Sounds like a good idea. Would you want this as a profile command or a global command?

Also, could we get a hotkey option of using the left option button on the t600. It's the lower left button with a blue dot on it. I'm not sure if that button is also on the t650.
    I think what you are referring to is the Option button. Its a bit tricky to use that button since it already have multiple assignments. I will try it an see if I can get it to be reliable.

Jeff

This is a must install build based on the problems it fixes.

Jeff
    Here is draft8 of the user guide and associated profiles updated for build 46.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I will work on that. Sounds like a good idea. Would you want this as a profile command or a global command?
    I think as a global command. Be aware that there are 2 pieces of software out there - Treo Connection Manager and Battery Doctor and neither of them works on all systems. Battery Doctor works consistently on t600gsm but not on t600cdma and TCM works consistently on t600cdma but not on t600gsm. So there may be some difference between the 2 data network shut offs.
  19.    #599  
    I think as a global command. Be aware that there are 2 pieces of software out there - Treo Connection Manager and Battery Doctor and neither of them works on all systems. Battery Doctor works consistently on t600gsm but not on t600cdma and TCM works consistently on t600cdma but not on t600gsm. So there may be some difference between the 2 data network shut offs.
    Thanks for the update! So for this functionality, would you just want to have the network connection shutdown after X minutes or just when the Treo goes to sleep?

Jeff
  20.    #600  
    New build posted. Detail in the top post.

*** This build will reset all of your GLOBAL Options Settings ****

Profiles are untouched!!

Jeff