View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Phone Technician does, I'm almost positive, sound the alert after the call is completed. Probably by checking for the status byte of that sets off flashing asterisk. I agree that handling custom alarms from apps like datebook would be complicated.

And I also agree that silencing the alerts during the call is more important than sounding them after the call.

Thanks again. It's looking like a great app.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Phone Technician does, I'm almost positive, sound the alert after the call is completed. Probably by checking for the status byte of that sets off flashing asterisk. I agree that handling custom alarms from apps like datebook would be complicated.

And I also agree that silencing the alerts during the call is more important than sounding them after the call.

Thanks again. It's looking like a great app.
    I agree that makes sense.

Sorry I haven't made much progress in the last few days on the beta. I got caught up in the auto-time problem and I am also a little burned out. Need a day long break from programming. :-)
    Hey, no need to apologise. You've done a lot, and everyone deserves some time off. I don't think any of us will die if we have to wait a day or two longer for the app.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Suggestions:

HotKey Profile Switch

- allow for press and hold of the Opt key alone to hotkey to profile switch

- allow for time of override of profile switch including
    -- amount of time in minutes (remember last value used and default to this as an option)
    -- time of day to revert to the then effective automatic profile
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Jeff any update?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Hey Jeff any update?
    Well the update is that I got so wrapped up in the 650 double-time issue, other product support issues and work realated activites that I have not made progress. I hope to make a major dent in the PII beta this weekend.

Jeff
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Suggestions:

HotKey Profile Switch

- allow for press and hold of the Opt key alone to hotkey to profile switch

- allow for time of override of profile switch including
    -- amount of time in minutes (remember last value used and default to this as an option)
    -- time of day to revert to the then effective automatic profile
    Right on target with what I have planned. Thanks.....
  8.    #48  
    All,

Here is the latest prototype for PII. It contains the full functionality of ScheduleCare v1.6.5.16. The profiles portion of this release is what I *will* be using as the UI design for PII. Please let me know what changes you would like to see. I would also like to formally start gathering and tracking requirements for Phase II beyond what is already in PI (I will copy this list to the first post so we can track it):

Requirements List
    • Timed profiles
    • Manual profiles
    • HotKey switching
    • Configurable HotKey key sequence
    • "Unlimited" number of profiles
    • Optional information window on Palm powerup
    • Confirmation alerts on execution of profiles & calendar commands
    • Configurable Keyboard Lights HotKey sequence for manual KBlite on/off
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Dont forget wallpaper switching!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Here is the latest prototype for PII. It contains the full functionality of ScheduleCare v1.6.5.16. The profiles portion of this release is what I *will* be using as the UI design for PII.
    Got it. I will track this and send you updates. I will also track (via and issues log) the requirements you set out.

Cheers!

P.S. Thanks for finding the "Network Date Bug". Wow has this helped.
    Hi Jeff,

I just did a rebuild on my Treo tonight. I hard reset it and only put on the apps I wanted to use. I meant to put SC on first and play around with it, but I put a few other apps on along with SC. I did put SC on though, and when I ran it for the first time and clicked the enable button on the Calendar Manager, my Treo crashed. I also had it crash when I was just looking at SC's main screen, and then I hit the home key. Below is the error I get when I dial 377:

HsExt68KShims.c, line 4435, Undefined Handspring trap.

I was able to use it for a few minutes, and I also found that I'm still getting the system sounds problem, where it shuts off all of my phone, calendar, SMS, and MMS sounds but not my system sound. I'm not sure why I'm the only one having this issue. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    Hi Jeff,

I just did a rebuild on my Treo tonight. I hard reset it and only put on the apps I wanted to use. I meant to put SC on first and play around with it, but I put a few other apps on along with SC. I did put SC on though, and when I ran it for the first time and clicked the enable button on the Calendar Manager, my Treo crashed. I also had it crash when I was just looking at SC's main screen, and then I hit the home key. Below is the error I get when I dial 377:

HsExt68KShims.c, line 4435, Undefined Handspring trap.

I was able to use it for a few minutes, and I also found that I'm still getting the system sounds problem, where it shuts off all of my phone, calendar, SMS, and MMS sounds but not my system sound. I'm not sure why I'm the only one having this issue. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
    Well I will test this tonight. For the time being I would suggest makign comments on the GUI layout and then install v1.6.5.16 for everyday use.

Thanks for the report.

Jeff
  13.    #53  
    As for the system sound problem, are you running KeyCaps? This program is known to keep the system sounds from being silenced. There is an updated version of KeyCaps that solves this problem. http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads/...aps650pre1.prc

Jeff
    Nope, I'm not running keycaps. I'll install v 1.6.5.16 later today.
    I am running the latest keycaps and still have the sys sound problem. Spluff - your not alone.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  16.    #56  
    Quick Update.

I have the hardest part of PII working now. That part is the complete management of "unlimited" profiles (create, edit and delete). Unlimited means that until you run out of memory you can create more profiles. Right now I have defined 40 on my system with 39% memory free and still have not reached the memory limit. I think that will be more than enough for *anyone*.

Now that this part is complete, I will start adding in the command structure and the User Interface will start coming alive. I will probably be releasing the first "working" PII in a couple of days if all goes well. The first cut will be timed profiles with the same functions as PI. Then I will add manual profile switching followed by functions that are not in PI.

Jeff
    Awesome work Jeff. Looking forward to the UI coming together. Also I believe your correct in "40" profiles being enough.
    hmm, I think I'll have to pass on this one. 41 was the number I was so hoping for. What a let down

“There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  19.    #59  
    I have posted vB0.5.5 that has a full functioning User Interface for Profiles. It does *not* yet execute the profiles but that step is just days away at this point. I am hoping that several people out there can give this UI a try and report the following:

• Usability
    • Stability
    • Terminology
    • Spelling Errors
    • Can you break it?
    Boy it is getting close now to being "real"!!!!

(This version also contains the most current PI release version.)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have posted vB0.5.5 that has a full functioning User Interface for Profiles. It does *not* yet execute the profiles but that step is just days away at this point. I am hoping that several people out there can give this UI a try and report the following:

• Usability
    • Stability
    • Terminology
    • Spelling Errors
    • Can you break it?
    Boy it is getting close now to being "real"!!!!

(This version also contains the most current PI release version.)

Jeff
    Jeff,

I just installed (from a clean install and with my "new" Treo650 -- the other one had to go back to the shop due to an issue with the screen. I had an instant reset issue -
    [*]Usability -- Whilst I was setting it up this is much improved.[*]Stability -- Not Yet[*]Terminology -- Works good for me.[*]Spelling Errors[*]Can you break it? -- Yes. I was consistant with the reset as soon as I hit the home button to leave the application.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast