View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1.    #561  
    New build posted. Details in the top post.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Interesting. You are referring to the Power On Screen right when you say that "ScheduleCare is not coming up sometimes"?

Have you tried the new build? Also are you running CradleCare or some other "always on" screen application?

Jeff
    Jeff, I should be more clear. I am reffering to the pop up profile-window that lets you change from one profile to another (by default if you hold down the "menu" key). For some reason it seems to just not pop up sometimes. I'm usually fairly astute about these things but I just haven't been able to dicern a noticable pattern that leads up to this. I have been using all the latest builds up to 9.42.
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I should be more clear. I am reffering to the pop up profile-window that lets you change from one profile to another (by default if you hold down the "menu" key). For some reason it seems to just not pop up sometimes. I'm usually fairly astute about these things but I just haven't been able to dicern a noticable pattern that leads up to this. I have been using all the latest builds up to 9.42.
    Thanks for the clarification. This condition can happen after you install a new build. After installation of a new build, you should run SC-HotKey and then ScheduleCare to get the communications setup properly between the 2 programs. The other alternative is to perform a soft reset after installation of all 3 PRC's.

If this is not what you think may be causing your behavior, then we need to dig a little deeper. You say a power off and then a power on clears up the behavior? Does this mean pressing the RED button to turn off the screen and then another hard button to turn the Treo back on again? Or are you talking about powering on/off the phone's radio? I just want to make sure we are on the same page. This will help me track down the problem quicker.

Jeff
    Cool! Yes the program is *very* sensitive to the name...
    It would be nice if you could prevent that problem directly on the profile name entry by standardizing the white space already on entry:
    - Leading and trailing spaces + tabs removed
    - All interior spaces + tabs reduced to exactly one space

The extra formatting provided by those spaces is not needed, so why not remove one source of frustration?
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    It would be nice if you could prevent that problem directly on the profile name entry by standardizing the white space already on entry:
    - Leading and trailing spaces + tabs removed
    - All interior spaces + tabs reduced to exactly one space

The extra formatting provided by those spaces is not needed, so why not remove one source of frustration?
    That's good feedback. I will incorporate in a future build!

Jeff
    Hello,

Wow - looks like you are making great progress on a very cool program. Looking forward to eliminating several smaller programs (KB Lights and Phone Technician) and implementing yours, which should help stability (yea). I have .42 installed and will update to .44, but I'm not sure about the Auto Keyboard Lights setting. I thought this would be a replacement for KB Lights (keyboard lights go out after a period where you don't touch the buttons). I saw this disscussed earlier in the thread, but it does not seem to work - am I being dense?
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Hello,

Wow - looks like you are making great progress on a very cool program. Looking forward to eliminating several smaller programs (KB Lights and Phone Technician) and implementing yours, which should help stability (yea). I have .42 installed and will update to .44, but I'm not sure about the Auto Keyboard Lights setting. I thought this would be a replacement for KB Lights (keyboard lights go out after a period where you don't touch the buttons). I saw this disscussed earlier in the thread, but it does not seem to work - am I being dense?
    Does the post here help? For a more complete description of this and other ScheduleCare capabilities, take a look at the doc and profiles here

I guess I'm looking to clarify what exactly doesn't seem to work for you. Is it that the KB lights don't go off automatically after 10 seconds?
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 04/25/2005 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammer
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Here is draft7 of the user guide and associated profiles updated for build 43. It also includes the feedback from posts 528 and 532 on draft6.
    Hi tomvb2000,

Would it be possible for you to provide the Profiles in a DISABLED state? I would rather be able to go through and enable which ones I want rather than having them mess with my settings by default. Especially, since installation (of these profiles) is done as a group... To me, it would be preferable to know the purpose of each particular profile prior to enabling it. This can be achieved by reading the manual (or Help screens?). BTW -- Nice job on the manual!
    -Brian-
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Hi tomvb2000,

Would it be possible for you to provide the Profiles in a DISABLED state? I would rather be able to go through and enable which ones I want rather than having them mess with my settings by default. Especially, since installation (of these profiles) is done as a group... To me, it would be preferable to know the purpose of each particular profile prior to enabling it. This can be achieved by reading the manual (or Help screens?). BTW -- Nice job on the manual!
    Thanks for the kind words! The idea of the default profiles was to allow people to get up and running quickly (since most don't read the doc ). To let you review them first, I'd suggest disabling Profile Manager on the main ScheduleCare screen which would effectively disable all the defined profiles then go thru them to figure out which ones you wanted to keep enabled. Once you determine that, go back and enable Profile Manager to make them active.
    Hi. First, great program. Stunning how much needs to be done to this expensive thing just to make it truly functional. The fact that someone has to spend so much time and effort to get the sound to be "hearable" in the earpiece and speakerphone is unacceptable. That said, I just installed the SC plugin but can't figure out what it is for and how to use it. Nothing I touch in terms of the individual icons has any reaction. Only the larger categories (choose profile or go to SC) seem to work.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Hi. First, great program. Stunning how much needs to be done to this expensive thing just to make it truly functional. The fact that someone has to spend so much time and effort to get the sound to be "hearable" in the earpiece and speakerphone is unacceptable. That said, I just installed the SC plugin but can't figure out what it is for and how to use it. Nothing I touch in terms of the individual icons has any reaction. Only the larger categories (choose profile or go to SC) seem to work.
    600-

If your referring to the SCPlugin for 2Day, it's broken at the moment. Jeff made some changes to the database that had a negative effect on the SCPlugin. There should be an updated plugin coming along soon. What its supposed to do, is give you an info line in 2Day the shows the volume/mute status for the various sound types plus give you quick access to SC from the 2Day screen.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Thanks for link: "However, I have noticed that after you use the Enable Keyboard Light Control the first time, the "yellow bulb" behavior changes slightly in that it no longer does the 10 second timeout. Instead, the kb lights won't go off until Auto Off happens." - I think this is the problem I'm having. If I watch movies in a dim setting, I want the KB lights to go out after a few seconds, so the screen is easier to watch. Then when I touch the KB, the lights come on again. With no profiles loaded, except for one manual one I am playing with, the KB lights never go out. Thanks, Kevin.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  13.    #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami
    Thanks for link: "However, I have noticed that after you use the Enable Keyboard Light Control the first time, the "yellow bulb" behavior changes slightly in that it no longer does the 10 second timeout. Instead, the kb lights won't go off until Auto Off happens." - I think this is the problem I'm having. If I watch movies in a dim setting, I want the KB lights to go out after a few seconds, so the screen is easier to watch. Then when I touch the KB, the lights come on again. With no profiles loaded, except for one manual one I am playing with, the KB lights never go out. Thanks, Kevin.
    Lets base line here for a second just so I can make sure we are on the same page.

The keyboard Light COntrol you are refering to is the control INSIDE of a profile right? Or is it the control on the main page of ScheduleCare? Or is it the one in the Global Options page?

You will only get a change in the default 650 KB light control when you enable/disable keyboard lights inside of an active profile or you enable the "Enable Keyboard Light Control" inside of the Global Options page.

When you enable "Enable Keyboard Light Control" inside of the Global Options page, you are turning on the ability to use a HotKey to toggle the KB lights ON/OFF.

When you enable Auto KB lights in an active profile, you are telling SC that you want the KB lights to be off until you touch a key on the keyboard. Then the lights will come on for 10 seconds.

When you disable Auto KB lights in an active profile, you are telling SC that you want the KB lights to stay off completely.

When you leave Auto KB lights unconfigured '---' in an active profile, you are saying that you do not want to make any changes to the KB light control.

Does this help or did I just restate the obvious?

Jeff
    While we are on the subject of the keyboard light control in SC: I've noticed that if the keyboard light control is assigned to a double click of the treo650 side button, a long press of the same side button will also activate the keyboard lights. It would be nice if a long press did nothing, that way, other apps/utilities set to activate with a long press of the side button will do so without also activating the keyboard lights.

This is actually one of the few things that has me still using "KB Lights off" instead of the same function in SC. One other minor thing to mention is that double clicking seems to work slightly better in "KB Lights off" than it does in SC's keyboard lights function. This isn't surprising since "KB Lights off" is a dedicated keyboard utility, but it would still be appreciated if the SC keyboard lights function could be refined slightly (so it could pick up the double-clicks a little bit better).
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 04/25/2005 at 06:21 PM.
    I have still not ported the keyboard ffunctionality to the 600. That will be in a near term build.

Thanks for your feedback on the 600 stability. What version of the 600 are you running? I have Sprint on my 600 and I do not see the hang problem with mute-on.

Jeff
    I have installed on both Verizon t600 and Cingular gsm t600 with the same problems above.

Regarding the keyboard light control and some other comments from others here, I would suggest 4 modes of autokeyboard light control in the profile manager\configuration\display\tab - full light bulb=keyboard on for entire time of auto screen off/half light bulb= keyboard on for defaut palm os timeout (10secs?)/light bulb black = keyboard stays off/--- = no keyboard override. This is because being able to keep the keyboard on until screen timeout is much more important to the times that you want to keep it off for me.

I would suggest the same behavior for auto screen dimming - full light = no dimming/half light = full then dim/--- = no dimming override
    Thanks for the clarification. This condition can happen after you install a new build. After installation of a new build, you should run SC-HotKey and then ScheduleCare to get the communications setup properly between the 2 programs. The other alternative is to perform a soft reset after installation of all 3 PRC's.

If this is not what you think may be causing your behavior, then we need to dig a little deeper. You say a power off and then a power on clears up the behavior? Does this mean pressing the RED button to turn off the screen and then another hard button to turn the Treo back on again? Or are you talking about powering on/off the phone's radio? I just want to make sure we are on the same page. This will help me track down the problem quicker.

Jeff
    Jeff, the situation sometimes occurs (at least for me) even after going through the suggested procedure to activate SC. A press of the "RED" button to quickly turn off the screen, and then turn it back on again, some how seems to remedy the situation (until the next time it happens). Maybe it's just some combination of apps/utilities I have on my device? I've gone through trying to disable certain utilities (other apps) to see if that has any effect on things but so far it's been to no avail.

This situation seemed to first arise on my device when you split SC into two separate files, although that could have just been coincidental. The important thing to note though, is that this is not a situation I have always had with SC (that's why I mention that it seemed to first happen when the apps were split into 2 sep files).
  17.    #577  
    While we are on the subject of the keyboard light control in SC: I've noticed that if the keyboard light control is assigned to a double click of the treo650 side button, a long press of the same side button will also activate the keyboard lights. It would be nice if a long press did nothing, that way, other apps/utilities set to activate with a long press of the side button will do so without also activating the keyboard lights.
    Right now I am using the standard Palm detection of double click. The long press is interpreted as a double click as well. But The long press is not supressed. It will still pass along the long press to the OS so you can launch a program with it. But I do understand what you are talking about. I will put it on the list for a near term build.

This is actually one of the few things that has me still using "KB Lights off" instead of the same function in SC. One other minor thing to mention is that double clicking seems to work slightly better in "KB Lights off" than it does in SC's keyboard lights function. This isn't surprising since "KB Lights off" is a dedicated keyboard utility, but it would still be appreciated if the SC keyboard lights function could be refined slightly (so it could pick up the double-clicks a little bit better).
    Again I will address this as you are not the first person to bring this up.

Jeff
  18.    #578  
    Jeff, the situation sometimes occurs (at least for me) even after going through the suggested procedure to activate SC. A press of the "RED" button to quickly turn off the screen, and then turn it back on again, some how seems to remedy the situation (until the next time it happens). Maybe it's just some combination of apps/utilities I have on my device? I've gone through trying to disable certain utilities (other apps) to see if that has any effect on things but so far it's been to no avail.

This situation seemed to first arise on my device when you split SC into two separate files, although that could have just been coincidental. The important thing to note though, is that this is not a situation I have always had with SC (that's why I mention that it seemed to first happen when the apps were split into 2 sep files).
    That helps. Do you do a lot of manual profile switching? Do your manual profiles have a duration or are they unlimited? Are you launching programs with the side button? I am trying to get a picture of your normal usage. This may also help direct me to the right place to look.

Jeff
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    I have installed on both Verizon t600 and Cingular gsm t600 with the same problems above.

Regarding the keyboard light control and some other comments from others here, I would suggest 4 modes of autokeyboard light control in the profile manager\configuration\display\tab - full light bulb=keyboard on for entire time of auto screen off/half light bulb= keyboard on for defaut palm os timeout (10secs?)/light bulb black = keyboard stays off/--- = no keyboard override. This is because being able to keep the keyboard on until screen timeout is much more important to the times that you want to keep it off for me.

I would suggest the same behavior for auto screen dimming - full light = no dimming/half light = full then dim/--- = no dimming override
    I will look into the dimming implementation you are talking about. The autodimming is a progressive dimming. You don't like how it behaves?

Jeff
  20.    #580  
    New build posted. Details in the top post.

Jeff