View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    I agree with Moroner on this. The buttons need to be large enough to easily hit accuratly with a finger. 8 looks like a good number to me.

-X
    I will work on this in an upcoming build. It will take about 6 hours to make this change.

Jeff
    It seems that 9.42 has broken the 2Day SC plugin Who wrote the plugin ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I did some testing on the "turn off phone radio when out of range" functionality on my GSM Treo. The result is a bit strange:
    When I turn off the phone with the phone app active, the phone app announces "no network - SOS only", and I have an orange LED blinking.
    When I turn off the phone with another application active, SC turns off the phone radio as expected.

For testing, I set the detection period to 1 minute, and the retry period to 200 minutes.
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    It seems that 9.42 has broken the 2Day SC plugin Who wrote the plugin ?

-X
    Yes it did because I changed the underlying data structures. The developer from SHSH software wrote the integration (he is also the developer of 2Day).

I will email him the updates and the integration will again be working.

Jeff
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    I did some testing on the "turn off phone radio when out of range" functionality on my GSM Treo. The result is a bit strange:
    When I turn off the phone with the phone app active, the phone app announces "no network - SOS only", and I have an orange LED blinking.
    When I turn off the phone with another application active, SC turns off the phone radio as expected.

For testing, I set the detection period to 1 minute, and the retry period to 200 minutes.
    Thanks for testing this! I will be unavailable all day tomorrow but on Sunday, I will send you a debug program that will allow me to display some internal values of the GSM connection.

I do not know where the "no network - SOS only" messange came from. It was not generated directly by SC.

Jeff
    Jeff - is the Low Battery option working for you in B42? It worked in B40, but when I run B42 with a "Low Battery" profile defined and enabled, it always stops with the "No profile named "Low Battery" is defined" message when that global option is checked.

It may be related to the u/i keystrokes, but when that message appeared in B40 or B42, it flickers a little and the Treo locks up. A soft reset brings it back.
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Jeff - is the Low Battery option working for you in B42? It worked in B40, but when I run B42 with a "Low Battery" profile defined and enabled, it always stops with the "No profile named "Low Battery" is defined" message when that global option is checked.

It may be related to the u/i keystrokes, but when that message appeared in B40 or B42, it flickers a little and the Treo locks up. A soft reset brings it back.
    The option appears to work just fine on my 650 running B42. Do you have it defined as a Timed or Manual profile? It should be a manual profile.

I will look into this more on Sunday.

Jeff
    It was a manual profile. As soon as I post, of course, it's now working again. I tried it 3 different times with the same result each time. Just now, I renamed the profile, exited SC, went back in and named it back to "Low Battery", and it's working again. Maybe there was an extra blank in the name or something else I just couldn't see. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm.

I've got to incorporate the new screen shots into the doc, but otherwise it's up-to-date with B42. Do you plan another release over the weekend? If so, I'll hold the doc until I see it.
  9.    #549  
    It was a manual profile. As soon as I post, of course, it's now working again. I tried it 3 different times with the same result each time. Just now, I renamed the profile, exited SC, went back in and named it back to "Low Battery", and it's working again. Maybe there was an extra blank in the name or something else I just couldn't see. Anyway, sorry for the false alarm.

I've got to incorporate the new screen shots into the doc, but otherwise it's up-to-date with B42. Do you plan another release over the weekend? If so, I'll hold the doc until I see it.
    Cool! Yes the program is *very* sensitive to the name.

I do plan another release this weekend (hopefully). I have also incorporated another change in the Global Options Windows. I have responded to the request to have listening controls for each of the "device" types. So I have created a 3rd window that has 5 controls on it for controlling the listening volume for:

HandSet
    Speaker Phone
    HeadSet
    Stereo Headset
    BT Headset
    BT Hands Free
    Cool. If you have a chance to send me a bmp of the screen, I can get the doc ready for when the release goes out.
    One other thing. In an earlier post you implied the Time Configuration *menu* was going away now that you have the Configure Time Settings button. I removed mention of the menu from the draft6 doc, but since it's still there in B42, wanted to confirm.
  12.    #552  
    One other thing. In an earlier post you implied the Time Configuration *menu* was going away now that you have the Configure Time Settings button. I removed mention of the menu from the draft6 doc, but since it's still there in B42, wanted to confirm.
    That is correct. I just forgot to remove the link in B42. It is now gone in the next build.

I will get you a release ASAP with the additional layouts. Developed 99% of it on a plane trip today. Will however be out of pocket for most of the day tomorrow so it may not be until Sunday before I can get it to you.

Jeff
    Just so I'm clear, does this program fix the generally poor sound level of the built-in earphone? That is my only complaint I have with my 650...the volume is so low (even on the highest setting). I have not had the problem that others have had with the volume setting changing from call-to-call.

Thanks!
    I have found that sometimes after doing a "refresh" using the 4cast plugin in the 2day program and then doing a "disconnect" it disables Schedule Care and I have to restart it to work again as the hotkey doesn't come up either.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by kugs10
    Just so I'm clear, does this program fix the generally poor sound level of the built-in earphone? That is my only complaint I have with my 650...the volume is so low (even on the highest setting). I have not had the problem that others have had with the volume setting changing from call-to-call.

Thanks!
    I do have data points from about 10 people that have said their volume levels are up to 20-30% louder with SC's listening volume feature. Your milage may vary but I would be interested in getting a data point from you.

Jeff
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I have found that sometimes after doing a "refresh" using the 4cast plugin in the 2day program and then doing a "disconnect" it disables Schedule Care and I have to restart it to work again as the hotkey doesn't come up either.
    Interesting information. I have a couple of questions:

1) What version of 2Day are you running?
    2) Do you have the ScheduleCare Plugin loaded for 2Day?
    3) What version of SC are you running?
    4) What happens when SC gets disabled? Just the HotKeys stop working or do your running profiles stop?

Jeff
  17.    #557  
    New build posted. Details in the top post.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Hmm I wonder if that is some how related to the problem I've been having with schedule care not coming up sometimes. I haven't been able to figure it out but for some reason the sc profile popup seems to get deactivated and I have to power the device off and then back on before the popup works. I do also have 2day on my 650 (but I don't have the 2day sc plugin).
  19.    #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Hmm I wonder if that is some how related to the problem I've been having with schedule care not coming up sometimes. I haven't been able to figure it out but for some reason the sc profile popup seems to get deactivated and I have to power the device off and then back on before the popup works. I do also have 2day on my 650 (but I don't have the 2day sc plugin).
    Interesting. You are referring to the Power On Screen right when you say that "ScheduleCare is not coming up sometimes"?

Have you tried the new build? Also are you running CradleCare or some other "always on" screen application?

Jeff
    Here is draft7 of the user guide and associated profiles updated for build 43. It also includes the feedback from posts 528 and 532 on draft6.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 04/24/2005 at 11:39 PM. Reason: updated pdf