View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

    7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

    13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

    2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

    2 8.33%
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 738
  1. #481  
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not. I didn't see it, but I admit to not having carefuly read each of the 99 million posts before mine <g>. And I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to keep up with every beta release.

    If I have person specific ringtones specified for contacts on my favorites buttons, is it possible for Schedule Care to override those ringtones for a specific profile? Here's what I'm getting at:

    For my family members and a few other frequent callers, I have individual ringtones defined. Some of them aren't real loud, so while they are easy to hear in my home or office, they can be difficult to hear in the car, or outdoors. I have a "loud" profile (manual) that I switch to when in noisy places, that assigns very loud ringtones to both known and unkown callers, and raises the volume to max.

    The profile sets the desired ringtone for callers that are NOT in my favorites, but only changes the volume for callers in my favorites list.

    This is a great package. If it's possible to override the unique ringtones with the profile ringtones (optionally, by profile), that would make it even greater.

    Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not. I didn't see it, but I admit to not having carefuly read each of the 99 million posts before mine <g>. And I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to keep up with every beta release.
    You and me both! So everyone, please do not feel bad about asking questions! I would not want to read this entire post either! So post away - I do not mind respoding to already asked questions. Also I have several Beta power users that will also be glad to help me with repeat or how-to questions.

    If I have person specific ringtones specified for contacts on my favorites buttons, is it possible for Schedule Care to override those ringtones for a specific profile? Here's what I'm getting at:

    For my family members and a few other frequent callers, I have individual ringtones defined. Some of them aren't real loud, so while they are easy to hear in my home or office, they can be difficult to hear in the car, or outdoors. I have a "loud" profile (manual) that I switch to when in noisy places, that assigns very loud ringtones to both known and unkown callers, and raises the volume to max.

    The profile sets the desired ringtone for callers that are NOT in my favorites, but only changes the volume for callers in my favorites list.

    This is a great package. If it's possible to override the unique ringtones with the profile ringtones (optionally, by profile), that would make it even greater.

    Thanks,
    I am not sure I complety understand. Are you really saying that SC's volume setting only works for known callers? I think I may need some more details and background (perhaps also definitions of favorites vs. phone book entries.) Just want to make sure we are both on the same page. This is something that has not yet been reported so lets dig into it a little bit. I'm sure we can find a solution.

    Jeff
  3. #483  
    Jeff:

    No, obviously I didn't explain well.

    The volume setting selected in a profile works perfectly, no matter who the caller, and whether the caller is assigned a favorites button or not.

    The issue is with the ringtone itself, not the volume. This isn't a bug in in SC, just a feature I'd like to see (if it's feasible). Let me try again.

    Let's say my normal ringtones, when no profile is assigned, are Known: Treo, Unknown: Klavier. And I also have a favorites button labelled "Wife" which assigns Unique as a ringtone when she calls.

    So far, so good. My brother calls, I hear Treo. Someone I don't know calls, I hear Klavier. My wife calls I hear Unique.

    Now I create and start a profile called "Loud." This assigns known: Loud Flute, unknown: Loud Phone.

    Now when my brother calls I hear Loud Flute, when someone I dont' know calls I hear Loud Phone, but when my wife calls I still hear "Unique."

    What I'd like to do is, for the "loud" profile only, override the favorites ringtone (Unique), and hear the known caller tone (Loud Flute) instead, when my wife calls. Is this possible?

    Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4. #484  
    what u r looking for might b aComplished thru SC & callfilter integration when CF update is released. maybe jeff & rob of CF can put their heads together for a solution... tekara (CF support guy-u can find support adress @ CF forum on mtdn) to also discuss what u r looking for.
  5. #485  
    I'm beginning to wonder if there's ever going to be an update to CallFilter. I mean, it's not like the 650 was just released last week. If people and companies want to make money selling software, they need to take a professional approach to it.

    OK, I can understand someone who's selling a little $5 utility not getting around to updating it right away, or waiting until the GSM phone is released, or something along those lines. But if developers want to be seen as professional they need to be willing to invest in the time, and tools, necessary to keep their products current. Personally, I don't rely on my phone for my livelihood, but if I did I'd hesitate to entrust my livelihood to a company that can't supply me with updated software in a timely manner.


    If callfilter can do this, then it appears SC could do it without callfilter. Right now, seeing Jeff's responsiveness, I'd rather pay a little more for SC to have it included than to wait for CF to be updated.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #486  
    FYI. I am on a business trip and this has delayed the next release.

    What you can expect in the next release are fixes to problems plus:

    1) Low Battery detection and execution of a pre-defined profile to reduce battery consumption. (You can modify and configure this profile)
    2) Detection of no-signal radio conditions. If the no-signal detection is constatnt for x minutes, SC will power down the radio for y minutes. Then will power up and check for a signal. If none found for x minutes, repeat the process until it finds a signal.
    3) Automatic phone listening volume control. Whenever you use the phone, the speaker volume will be at your pre-set level. Many GSM users were finding their default settings were not being maintained.

    Jeff
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Jeff:

    No, obviously I didn't explain well.

    The volume setting selected in a profile works perfectly, no matter who the caller, and whether the caller is assigned a favorites button or not.

    The issue is with the ringtone itself, not the volume. This isn't a bug in in SC, just a feature I'd like to see (if it's feasible). Let me try again.

    Let's say my normal ringtones, when no profile is assigned, are Known: Treo, Unknown: Klavier. And I also have a favorites button labelled "Wife" which assigns Unique as a ringtone when she calls.

    So far, so good. My brother calls, I hear Treo. Someone I don't know calls, I hear Klavier. My wife calls I hear Unique.

    Now I create and start a profile called "Loud." This assigns known: Loud Flute, unknown: Loud Phone.

    Now when my brother calls I hear Loud Flute, when someone I dont' know calls I hear Loud Phone, but when my wife calls I still hear "Unique."

    What I'd like to do is, for the "loud" profile only, override the favorites ringtone (Unique), and hear the known caller tone (Loud Flute) instead, when my wife calls. Is this possible?

    Thanks,
    So this is the favorites entry in the phone application? So what you are really asking for is the ability to define a phone number in SC and based on time of day, apply a pre-defined ringtone. As things set right now, that is beyond the scope of the product.

    I have read the posts after this one and agree that the *real* solution is int he integration with CallFilter. I can tell you that the developer of CallFilter and myself worked together on the integration and the last word I got was that the integration is completed and is up and working. It has been some time now since I have heard from the developer though.

    Jeff
  8. #488  
    Jeff-

    I think what Meyer wants is more along the lines of: Override contact specific ringtones..
    So, when a call comes in where the caller has a tone defined in contacts - play the standard 'known caller' tone rather than the tone defined in contacts.. A possible improvement would be for SC to allow us to specify what tone to override with as well..
    I have no idea how feasible this is in sc or cf but it does sound like a nice idea.

    on another note: 9.38 has been rock solid so far. I have not seen the low batt or no signal stuff operate yet however. I will try to induce both conditions today.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  9. #489  
    Xathros:

    That's exactly what I want. Optionally override all contact specific ringtones with the "known caller" tone defined for the active profile.

    I don't know why I'm having such a hard time expressing myself on this question. Maybe it's lack of sleep.


    Also, 9.38? The most recent one I see posted is 9.37.

    Thanks again,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Xathros:

    That's exactly what I want. Optionally override all contact specific ringtones with the "known caller" tone defined for the active profile.

    I don't know why I'm having such a hard time expressing myself on this question. Maybe it's lack of sleep.


    Also, 9.38? The most recent one I see posted is 9.37.

    Thanks again,
    Bob-

    I understood what you meant At least after your 2nd post...

    I don't think it will be possible to do this on a caller by caller basis but rather override all caller specific ringtones with "known caller" globally during a profile. Now, I still don't even know if this will be possible but seems more likely than caller by caller.

    As for 9.38, I guess it's not been distributed yet. Jeff wanted me to do some testing on the new low batt and no signal features before release I think. I see it's not on his server so he must not have been comfortable with the build yet.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  11. #491  
    Jeff-

    In an attempt to test the signal lost feature, I took a long lunch and drove out to here:

    http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...merston_vt.JPG

    Here along the West River in Dummerston, VT there is absolutly NO cell service of any kind. A perfect place for an undisturbed lunch and a great test location for this feature.

    I sat there for 45 minutes with the phone displaying "No Service" the whole time and SC didn't seem to notice. About 1/2 way through I checked the settings in global ops and the feature was enabled and set to 5, 5.

    So - my first test says it's not working.

    Now my battery is at 40% and I'm hoping to burn off enough charge for the low batt feature test within a few more hours. I'll post an update on that later.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Bob-

    I understood what you meant At least after your 2nd post...

    I don't think it will be possible to do this on a caller by caller basis but rather override all caller specific ringtones with "known caller" globally during a profile. Now, I still don't even know if this will be possible but seems more likely than caller by caller.


    -X
    Overriding all callers globally is really what I'm looking for. If I select my "loud" profile, I want a loud ringtone for every incoming call, regardless of who it's from.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13. #493  
    Jeff-

    Low battery profile execution locks up the 650. Even if on charge (batt % <=10). There is no indication that the profile has executed (no led, beep or aplying profile dialog). The LED continues to flash indicating signal but no buttons or screen presses respond until I poke the reset button. I have gone through several cycles now with the same behavior. Now going to modify the Battery Saver profile to make it simpler and test again.

    My last test with the following profile commands:

    Phone off, screen way dim, key lights off, auto off to 11 secs

    Results: When the 650 reached 10% battery, I saw the "Changing Treo Settings" dialog cycle 3 times then the 650 locked up. The phone was not turned off and the screen wasn't dimmed so I have to figure it never actually changed any settings. Again - the only way to recover was a poke of the reset button.

    Looks like both features need work.

    -X
    Last edited by Xathros; 04/19/2005 at 03:24 PM.
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  14. #494  
    couple of bugs i'm seeing in the latest version...
    even after unchecking PowerOn Status Window, it is still activated

    also, with enable keyboard light control, it will not turn the keyboard on and off unless I bring up the PowerOn status window

    and the treo resets if you try to bring up the hotkey profile switch and have no manual profiles defined

    this is with .37

    thanks, James
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    couple of bugs i'm seeing in the latest version...
    even after unchecking PowerOn Status Window, it is still activated

    also, with enable keyboard light control, it will not turn the keyboard on and off unless I bring up the PowerOn status window

    and the treo resets if you try to bring up the hotkey profile switch and have no manual profiles defined

    this is with .37

    thanks, James
    James-

    With 9.38, I have been unable to reproduce the POS window issue or the reset with no manual profiles problem. I suspect these are some of the things Jeff fixed in the 9.38 build.

    As for the KB light problem, could you provide more detail on how to reproduce this problem ? So far I haven't been able to.

    What device are you using 600 or 650 ? CDMA or GSM ?

    Thanks.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Xathros:

    That's exactly what I want. Optionally override all contact specific ringtones with the &quot;known caller&quot; tone defined for the active profile.

    I don't know why I'm having such a hard time expressing myself on this question. Maybe it's lack of sleep.


    Also, 9.38? The most recent one I see posted is 9.37.

    Thanks again,
    I am not sure this is possible since the favorites are stored and interpreted by the phone application itself. I *think* the only way to solve this problem is for SC to implement ring tone support for each caller. I am not sure I can tap into the internal logic of the phone application and bypass its internal logic of playing a particular ringtone. I will however look into it. You're best bet is the integration between SC and CF.

    Jeff
  17.    #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff-

    In an attempt to test the signal lost feature, I took a long lunch and drove out to here:

    http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...merston_vt.JPG

    Here along the West River in Dummerston, VT there is absolutly NO cell service of any kind. A perfect place for an undisturbed lunch and a great test location for this feature.

    I sat there for 45 minutes with the phone displaying "No Service" the whole time and SC didn't seem to notice. About 1/2 way through I checked the settings in global ops and the feature was enabled and set to 5, 5.

    So - my first test says it's not working.

    Now my battery is at 40% and I'm hoping to burn off enough charge for the low batt feature test within a few more hours. I'll post an update on that later.

    -X
    Very nice location for lunch!

    I thought I mentioned that the no-signal support is not implemented yet. I just started coding it on the plane ride home tonight. ;-)

    Jeff
  18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff-

    Low battery profile execution locks up the 650. Even if on charge (batt % <=10). There is no indication that the profile has executed (no led, beep or aplying profile dialog). The LED continues to flash indicating signal but no buttons or screen presses respond until I poke the reset button. I have gone through several cycles now with the same behavior. Now going to modify the Battery Saver profile to make it simpler and test again.

    My last test with the following profile commands:

    Phone off, screen way dim, key lights off, auto off to 11 secs

    Results: When the 650 reached 10% battery, I saw the "Changing Treo Settings" dialog cycle 3 times then the 650 locked up. The phone was not turned off and the screen wasn't dimmed so I have to figure it never actually changed any settings. Again - the only way to recover was a poke of the reset button.

    Looks like both features need work.

    -X
    Good feedback on the battery feature. I will look into it tomorrow. A new build should be available tomorrow night. I have been traveling for the last 3 days.

    Jeff
  19.    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    couple of bugs i'm seeing in the latest version...
    even after unchecking PowerOn Status Window, it is still activated

    also, with enable keyboard light control, it will not turn the keyboard on and off unless I bring up the PowerOn status window

    and the treo resets if you try to bring up the hotkey profile switch and have no manual profiles defined

    this is with .37

    thanks, James
    I will look into these issues ASAP. I did make a few changes and may have left in some code that I shouldn't have. Fixes will be in the next build.

    Jeff
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Very nice location for lunch!

    I thought I mentioned that the no-signal support is not implemented yet. I just started coding it on the plane ride home tonight. ;-)

    Jeff
    Oh well - at least it got me out of the office.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004

Posting Permissions