View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    All,

tomvb2000 has just completed the first rev of the user manual. I would appreciate any number of eyes to review and provide comments.

He has done a terrific job so far and he deserves a round of applause!

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jeff, Tomvb2000-

Some somments and changes for the docs:

Page 6:

The callout for Poweron Status window includes "See the time configuration screen section". That belongs with the callout for "Keep System Clock Current / Set".

Page 7:

"If you select the Active Profiles Button, ScheduleCare will display..." should read: "If you tap the screen while the Active Profiles message is displayed, SC will..."

Page 10:

"Manual profiles will remain active until the next (timed, calendar or manual) starts." This is not very clear as to how the Unlimited duration will not be overridden by a timed profile if nesting is disabled on the manual profile. I suggest: "A manual profile remains active until:
    a) it is manually stopped.
    b) it reaches the end of it's duration.
    c) a timed profile with overlapping commands executes. (and the manual profile allows nesting)
    Manual profiles may remain in effect indefinatly until manually stopped if the profile does not allow nesting and the duration "Unlimited" is selected.

Page 12:

Fix low res screenshots.

Fix callout arrow for overnight screenshot.

Fix "Day" timeline label (wrapped)

Increase space between BT on (AM) and Day screenshots (too tight)

Why is there a gap between day and night timeline ? (not that this is wrong, just curious.)

Decrease vertical space between timeline elements, place labels within the elements using smaller font.

Base arrow in wrong direction.

Would be better if all screenshots were above the timeline. Maybe arrange like this:
    http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...fig%2012.1.jpg
    http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...c-fig-12.1.jpghttp://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...c-fig-12-1.jpg

Note: I used same screenshot for all boxes - didn't have time to gather all of the different ones. If you send me your screenies, I could remake this with yours and include the timescale at the bottom. Notice the clarity of the screenshot text here.

Page 13:

Text baseline is clipped on the screenshot callout for Days/Times.

Profile type says: "If you select manual..." - May I suggest: "Only profiles with the manual option enabled will appear on the ..."

Page break after profile type and before configuration.

Page 18:

"this way, the new profile is nested under the previous profile(s)." I think should say: "this way, the new profile is nested on top of the previous profile(s)."

Page 19:

"This option will clear all calendar-based profiles and settings..." "profiles" should be changed to "commands" since there are no calendar based profiles.

Page 20:

"The Calendar Manager screen allows you to define options which apply to
    settings profiles defined in the appointments in your Treo’s Calendar database." Change "profiles" to "commands".

"If you have overlapping Calendar entries which include profile commands,
    ScheduleCare will run..." - Change "profile" to "calendar".

"Select this checkbox if you want profile commands in event notes to..." - Change "profile" to "calendar".

"Select this button to set up category-based profile commands. See Linking
    profile commands to a category for more information." - eliminate "profile" x 2.

Page 21:

"Select this button to see a complete list of profile commands. See
    ScheduleCare command list for more information." - Eliminate "profile"

Page 22:

Eliminate "profile" from page title.

Fix low res screen shots and text.

Change "profile commands" to "commands"

Add "Note: If Zero Volume gets Vibrate is enabled in global options, the !scV1! command is not needed."

Page 24:

Fix low res screenshots and text.

Page 25:

Fix low res screenshot and text.

"You can enter multiple profile commands per calendar entry." - eliminate "profile"

Page 26:

Remove "profile" from title.

"To link profile commands to a particular Calendar category:" - eliminate "profile"

Fix low res screenshot and text.

Page 27:

Fix low res screenshot & text.

Add a reminder in the "Note" section Re: "Notes overrides description" global option.

Page 28:

Fix low res screenshot & text.

Page 29:

Fix low res screenshots and text.

All Pages from here to end:

Fix all low res screenshots and text.

Page 32:

Make mention of the Hidden reset button on the Calendar Manager screen for clearing old SC alarm data.

All in all, a VERY nice job on rev 1 of the docs.

-X
    Last edited by Xathros; 04/15/2005 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added more suggestions. - Updated earlier (pg 12)
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Xathros - thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff, Tomvb2000-

Some somments and changes for the docs:

Page 6:

The callout for Poweron Status window includes "See the time configuration screen section". That belongs with the callout for "Keep System Clock Current / Set".
    Yup, sure does. Looks like a cut-paste error. Will fix in draft5

Page 7:

"If you select the Active Profiles Button, ScheduleCare will display..." should read: "If you tap the screen while the Active Profiles message is displayed, SC will..."
    Hmmm, I thought you actually had to hit the button and I never tested tapping just anywhere on the screen. Unfortunately, PowerOn doesn't work in B35 so I can't confirm. Will do when it's fixed in B36 and update the doc for draft5.

Page 10:

"Manual profiles will remain active until the next (timed, calendar or manual) starts." This is not very clear as to how the Unlimited duration will not be overridden by a timed profile if nesting is disabled on the manual profile. I suggest: "A manual profile remains active until:
    a) it is manually stopped.
    b) it reaches the end of it's duration.
    c) a timed profile with overlapping commands executes. (and the manual profile allows nesting)
    Manual profiles may remain in effect indefinatly until manually stopped if the profile does not allow nesting and the duration "Unlimited" is selected.
    Agree this should be clearer since it's an important feature. I'll move the "You can extend..." sentence below the screenshot since it's not totally relevant to the note. I'll reword it per your suggestions except for item c. I think manual profiles are the highest precedence and can't be overridden even if they allow nesting. I just ran a quick test to confirm with B35, but perhaps Jeff can confirm the intent as well.

JEFF EDIT>> Yes Manual profiles can be overriden. The rules are governed by the Manual profile's rule settings.

Page 12:

Very nice job on the timeline
    Thanks. I think in pictures better than words, so hope this diagram is helpful for others as well.
    Page 13:

Text baseline is clipped on the screenshot callout for Days/Times.

Profile type says: "If you select manual..." - May I suggest: "Only profiles with the manual option enabled will appear on the ..."

Page break after profile type and before configuration.
    Will be done for draft5

Will post more as I get time - busy day here.

-X
    Please do. I'd like the doc as good as the app (and that's a tall order).
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 04/15/2005 at 11:45 AM.
    Tomvb2000-

I have updated my previous post.

If you would like any help with any of this, just let me know.

-X
    Xathros

Tomvb2000-

I have updated my previous post.

If you would like any help with any of this, just let me know.

-X
    Xathros, Jeff - thanks for the review and kind words - I'll make all the updates. It looks like a few things crept in during the Word->PDF conversion process as they aren't there in the source. I'll get it fixed.

All of the Calendar section of the doc is unchanged from SC I, but with the addition of timed profiles, I agree we need to call the Calendar stuff "commands" now.

Gap between Day and Night was really there only for the "BT on (PM)" profile since that one mod'd most of the settings for the commute home. For simplicity, I think I'll just extend Day to Night's start and make "BT on (PM)" a completely nested profile like "BT on (AM)" already is. I'll post the profiles db in case anyone else wants to use them.

I really like your version of the profile diagram, so I'll make the updates for the next draft.

The SC I source images were converted from Framemaker/GIF to Word to PDF, so yea, we lost some resolution in the process. I just hadn't had a chance to recreate/resnap them since the priority was on the SC II additions. If you happen to be a calendar-based SC user, it would definitely help to re-snap those since I'm going to be swamped the next few days and won't be able to work on the doc. That way, we could most likely get another draft out on Sunday.

Thanks - Tom
    Do you still have the source images ? If so, I'd be happy to remake the diagram using your images. If not, post your DB's and I'll load them and snap them myself. I do think that the example screens should match the doc (based on your profiles rather than mine). I could spend some time tomorrow evening reworking that.

Also, A tip that could be worked in somewhere: I have named my profiles as follows:
    A-Day
    B-Work
    C-Evening
    D-Night
    E-Lunch
    F-Movie
    G-Meeting
    H-Way Loud

The letter prefix keeps them sorted in the manual selector and in the profile list. This way, At least wth manual profiles, I can decide which page certain profiles appear on.

Anyway, if you have source images or db's, you can send them to xathros-at-xathros-d0t-com-ercial after you demangle the address.

Thanks! I hope I didn't get too picky with rev 1 The overall doc is great and well organized.

-X
    Xathros

No, I don't have the original source for the calendar-based screens (if that's what you meant). I've almost got the new profile diagram done - that wasn't a problem. Do you want to keep the 24 hour timeline? I think we probably should but reduce it's vertical height.

I like your idea for profile naming and will add it as a tip.

Thanks!
    Also, A tip that could be worked in somewhere: I have named my profiles as follows:
    A-Day
    B-Work
    C-Evening
    D-Night
    E-Lunch
    F-Movie
    G-Meeting
    H-Way Loud
    Xathros - could you briefly describe your Lunch, Movie, and Meeting profiles? I'd guess Lunch is louder than normal, Meeting is no sound, just vibrate, and Movie is no sound, just vibrate, dim lights? I think I'll add at least Movie to the default set, maybe Lunch too.
  9.    #469  
    greenawayj had what I think is a great idea! Have SC detect a low battery level and then run a profile that will immediately apply a profile that will reduce battery consumption. So for example, a default profile called "Battery Saver". It would come preconfigured but users could modify as needed. Then when the battery level reached a pre-defined level (would be an option), the "Battery Saver" profile would automatically be executed.

I think this is a real winner. Thoughts??

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    greenawayj had what I think is a great idea! Have SC detect a low battery level and then run a profile that will immediately apply a profile that will reduce battery consumption. So for example, a default profile called "Battery Saver". It would come preconfigured but users could modify as needed. Then when the battery level reached a pre-defined level (would be an option), the "Battery Saver" profile would automatically be executed.

I think this is a real winner. Thoughts??

Jeff
    Agreed! Add a low battery level (Volts or percent ?) to the global options screen along with an enable/disable for the function - or just set to 0v/0% for disabled.

I like it!

-X
    Xathros

Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Xathros - could you briefly describe your Lunch, Movie, and Meeting profiles? I'd guess Lunch is louder than normal, Meeting is no sound, just vibrate, and Movie is no sound, just vibrate, dim lights? I think I'll add at least Movie to the default set, maybe Lunch too.
    A-Day - Vols at 80%, Vib off/on, screen 90% bright, key lights off, auto dim off, Ph on
    B-Work - Vols 30% With Vib on/on, Ph on
    C-Evening Vols 60%, Vib off,on, Screen 60%, KBL off, Auto dim off, PH on
    D-Night - Vols 20%, Vib on/off, screen 20%, KBL on, Autodim On, PH on
    E-Lunch - Vols 100%, vib on/off, PH on
    F-Movie - Mute all, vib on/on, screen 20%, KBL on, Autodim On, Aiuto off 30secs, PH on
    G-Meeting - Mute all, Vib on/on, PH on
    H-Way Loud - Vols 100%, Vib on/on, PH on
    I-Backup - Reset, Phone off, No Nest

All but backup allow nesting. Backup is timed only (1 hr window at 4am).

I run no gaps between Day, evening and night with the others (work, lunch, backup timed and layered on top) Movie, Way Loud and Meeting are Manual only with No Nest allowed,

I also have !scA0! in a category called "Meeting Quiet" for use with the calendar.

Hope the answers the question.

-X
    Xathros

No, I don't have the original source for the calendar-based screens (if that's what you meant). I've almost got the new profile diagram done - that wasn't a problem. Do you want to keep the 24 hour timeline? I think we probably should but reduce it's vertical height.

I like your idea for profile naming and will add it as a tip.

Thanks!

I was referring to the diagram images but most of the others need replacing too. I will see if I can recreate those for you this weekend.

I think the timeline should be 24hrs to illustrate the whole daily cycle. Maybe even make overnight span midnight onto the left side of the timeline as well. My Night runs 11:30 pm to 6:30 am for instance.

Time for me to get some sleep. I'll see what I can get together for you in the way of clean screenshots.

BTW: Did you see the taxi ?

-X
    Xathros

Agreed! Add a low battery level (Volts or percent ?) to the global options screen along with an enable/disable for the function - or just set to 0v/0% for disabled.

I like it!

-X
    Count me in. We could even use the Overnight profile described in the doc as it brings everything down to the lowest level.
    A-Day - Vols at 80%, Vib off/on, screen 90% bright, key lights off, auto dim off, Ph on
    B-Work - Vols 30% With Vib on/on, Ph on
    C-Evening Vols 60%, Vib off,on, Screen 60%, KBL off, Auto dim off, PH on
    D-Night - Vols 20%, Vib on/off, screen 20%, KBL on, Autodim On, PH on
    E-Lunch - Vols 100%, vib on/off, PH on
    F-Movie - Mute all, vib on/on, screen 20%, KBL on, Autodim On, Aiuto off 30secs, PH on
    G-Meeting - Mute all, Vib on/on, PH on
    H-Way Loud - Vols 100%, Vib on/on, PH on
    I-Backup - Reset, Phone off, No Nest

All but backup allow nesting. Backup is timed only (1 hr window at 4am).

I run no gaps between Day, evening and night with the others (work, lunch, backup timed and layered on top) Movie, Way Loud and Meeting are Manual only with No Nest allowed,

I also have !scA0! in a category called "Meeting Quiet" for use with the calendar.

Hope the answers the question.

-X
    Waaaay more than answered! Thanks! I'll add Lunch, Movie, Loud, and Backup to the default profile set.
    I was referring to the diagram images but most of the others need replacing too. I will see if I can recreate those for you this weekend.

I think the timeline should be 24hrs to illustrate the whole daily cycle. Maybe even make overnight span midnight onto the left side of the timeline as well. My Night runs 11:30 pm to 6:30 am for instance.

Time for me to get some sleep. I'll see what I can get together for you in the way of clean screenshots.

BTW: Did you see the taxi ?

-X
    Don't spend much time recapturing the timed/manual (SCII) profile screenshots. I'm beginning to think the "low res" you described is an artifact of the Word->PDF conversion process. I'll see if I can make them any better, but I doubt it since they are just 96dpi images.

The taxi - as in easter egg?
  16.    #476  
    Count me in. We could even use the Overnight profile described in the doc as it brings everything down to the lowest level.
    I am thinking about a special purpose profile that has one function - battery saving mode. In this mode, it will probably shutdown all systems:

BlueTooth
    Screen Brightness
    KeyBoard Lights
    AutoOff goes to 20 seconds
    Vibrate options to Off

Then this way, SC will have a known profile name to use when this option is enabled.

I would also suggest adding a profile to the docs that is called "Default Treo State". This profile should have a timed setting of: 12:01am to 12:01am. I would stay away from profiles that start at exactly midnight as SC needs to wake up at 12:00.01am to scan the calendar and profiles for entries for the new day. This is also something that should be put it the documentation.

Then in this profile, set all of the settings to their default condition. Then all profiles will nest on top of this profile. In this way, you have have a known state for all of your Treo's configuration settings. So if you do have gaps in your profile definitions, this profile will conver those times with known settings.

Jeff
  17.    #477  
    New build posted. Details in the header.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I would also suggest adding a profile to the docs that is called "Default Treo State". This profile should have a timed setting of: 12:01am to 12:01am. I would stay away from profiles that start at exactly midnight as SC needs to wake up at 12:00.01am to scan the calendar and profiles for entries for the new day. This is also something that should be put it the documentation.

Then in this profile, set all of the settings to their default condition. Then all profiles will nest on top of this profile. In this way, you have have a known state for all of your Treo's configuration settings. So if you do have gaps in your profile definitions, this profile will conver those times with known settings.

Jeff
    I'll make a note in the doc. In fact, the Base state in the doc was supposed to be the default Treo state, but we can change the name. I'll change it to start at 12:01a.
    Jeff - Just remembered "Default Treo state" is too long a name for New/Edit, so we'll go with "Default state"
  20.    #480  
    Jeff - Just remembered "Default Treo state" is too long a name for New/Edit, so we'll go with "Default state"
    OK with me.

Jeff