View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    New build posted. vB0.9.30. Details in the first post.

Jeff
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Jeff - SC has been great all week, but there is one annoying bug I've run in to dealing with turning BT off. Some background info to help debug:

1. "Day" profile runs 6:00a-5:30p with Config->System->BT="---"
    2. "BT on (PM)" runs 5:30p-7:00p with Config->System->BT="On"
    3. "Night" profile runs 7:00p-11:30p with Config->System->BT="Off"

Result is that Treo resets right after Night profile becomes active. By process of elimination, I've pinned it down to Night having Config->System->BT="Off". The "workaround" is to have Night use the Config->System->BT="---" option which allows "BT on (PM)" to timeout at 7:00p at which point the BT is turned off automatically.

I originally thought "---" meant "don't change anything" which is why I had Night explicitly turn off BT when it gets run. It seems that "---" is either behaving differently and/or there is a bug in sending keystrokes to turn BT off (i.e. char buffer overrun). Just thought I'd let you know.

No problems at all with profiles turning BT on.
    I will look into the BT issue. The meaning of '---' is to not performa nay action. Leave this setting as it is currently configured on the device. So depending on the state of the BT radio prior to running "BT on (PM)" the radio will either be on or off when "BT on (PM)" stops. Again, BT processing is iffy at best when used right now because of the keystroke issues. I am looking into a better solution.

Jeff
    Thanks for the clarification. Since BT was off during the Day profile, the off state got restored at the end of the "BT on (PM)" profile.

I guess the only issue would be if someone wanted to ensure the BT was off at the beginning of a profile. I'll do some more searching tonight for apps that can turn BT off. Too bad the BlueFang developer wouldn't share their approach.
    I checked out B30, and many of my previously reported issues still remain:

- System sounds come on again after a profile that mutes them is stopped, although the global setting is set to off
    - Auto kb lights mode stays on after a profile that enables it is started and stopped again twice (So it is on when no profile or calendar command is run)
    - OnCradleOn still disables the hotkeys used by SC
    - NTP time update over a reverse BT DUN connection still resets the phone (#*377 gives "Fatal Exception while running SC-Hotkey")

plus a couple of minor UI annoyances.

What I still would like to see if it is possible is some kind of debounce on the shift keys. When I use the shift keys as hotkeys, they are actually overloaded with two meanings, one as a hot key, and one as a normal shift key. To better distinguish between these functions, it would be nice if SC canceled the hotkey action if I pressed another key before the shift hot key delay has passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am very confused by the statement about "SC doesn't use its own Known and Unknown Callers preference for the current profile:".

What do you mean by this?

Also, is PT doing something that you would like SC to be doing?

I would also recommend that you not enable Keyboard support if you are using KBlightsOff. The 2 programs will definitely conflict with one another. And one more thing. Since you are a user of KBlightsOff, is there anything it does that SC does not do at this point?

Jeff
    The problem is my "Italian" English... Anyway. First I reply to your last statement: thanks for KBLightsOff suggestion: at this point using SC I don't need KBLightsOff any more.
    About Phone Technician, it does a very important thing for me: it allows to haveseparate vibration and number of rings profiles. For example, because Treo 650 is weak on the vibration side, I set Phone Technician to have two (and not the default one) rings for sms and three vibrations. In short, PT allows to control how many rings and how many vibrations you need for calls, sms, alarms etc. You can chose, for example, one ring and ten vibrations for a call. The problem is that PT isn't a profile application, so it can't save different choices as different profiles.

When you select the melody for the ringer, PT allows you to choose just one kind of ring. Instead, the system (and SC) allows to choose two kind of rings: one for known callers and one for unknown callers.

Now, if PT and SC are both active, the phone rings with the ringer chosen by PT, regardless the caller is known or unknown. For example: I select Melody A in PT; in SC I select Meldoy A for known caller and Melody B for unknown callers. Well, an unknown caller will activate Melody A, because is set in PT.
    Best
    Stefano
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    A few questions about this:

Do your profiles have the phone turned off at 3:00 am ? If so, do you have "Keep System Clock Current" enabled in the SC global options screen ? The network time code is currently hard coded to run at 3am.

What might be happening here is this: Your profile turns off the phone before 3:00 am. At 3:00 am the Network time code runs, turns LED orange then hangs and timesout because there is no network connection (phone off). This leaves the LED set because the code never gets to finish and restore the LED.

I have been able to reproduce this by turning off the phone then pressing the set button in SC and letting it sit without answering the "Turn on phone Y/n" prompt.

Just a thought...

-X
    Dear Jeff,
    thanks for your try. Here my experience with build 9.30:
    a) No timed profile is set. No turn off at 3.00 am (by the way, you are speaking about American timezone, I'm speaking about italian timezone, anyway, no timed profile is set. I have only manual profiles with no turn on and turn off time)
    b) The led option in Global Preferences is not selected
    c) No other software controlling led is installed.
    d) I discovered that the solid orange led activates when I just try to select Keep System Clock Current: a window asks me if I want to go on the Internet, I say no and oops! the led becomes orange.
    e) The second time I went on the Internet: the led became green for a second or two when I select "Set" beside Keep System Clock Current, then it comes back solid orange.
    f) the led is solid orange both with phone on and phone off.
    g) the only way to come back to the flashing green is to delete SC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zenni
    Dear Jeff,
    thanks for your try. Here my experience with build 9.30:
    Sorry, Jeff, my previous post is about experience with 9.29. I'll try with 9.30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zenni
    g) the only way to come back to the flashing green is to delete SC...
    And, I add, to make a soft reset.
    Stefano
  9.    #429  
    Thanks for the clarification. Since BT was off during the Day profile, the off state got restored at the end of the "BT on (PM)" profile.

I guess the only issue would be if someone wanted to ensure the BT was off at the beginning of a profile. I'll do some more searching tonight for apps that can turn BT off. Too bad the BlueFang developer wouldn't share their approach.
    I have improved the BT processing since your post a few minutes ago. Still not a BlueFang though. I still can't believe that he wanted $400 for sharing the source code. ;-(

Jeff
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    I checked out B30, and many of my previously reported issues still remain:

- System sounds come on again after a profile that mutes them is stopped, although the global setting is set to off
    Global setting meaning in the preferences application or in a nested profile?

- Auto kb lights mode stays on after a profile that enables it is started and stopped again twice (So it is on when no profile or calendar command is run)
    I think this is the way it is supposed to work. If the default state of the KB lights is ON before the profile is run then the KB lights will be turned on and they will remain on perminatly after the profile stops (irregaurdless of what the profile did to them when it was running). If however you are saying that the keyboard lights were off before SC ran any profiles or calendar commands, then after running these commands and then having the profiles stop completely the lights remained on, then this is a problem.

- OnCradleOn still disables the hotkeys used by SC
    I will look into this more.

- NTP time update over a reverse BT DUN connection still resets the phone (#*377 gives "Fatal Exception while running SC-Hotkey")
    I must have missed a previous post because this is the first I am hearing about this problem. I will look into it.

plus a couple of minor UI annoyances.

What I still would like to see if it is possible is some kind of debounce on the shift keys. When I use the shift keys as hotkeys, they are actually overloaded with two meanings, one as a hot key, and one as a normal shift key. To better distinguish between these functions, it would be nice if SC canceled the hotkey action if I pressed another key before the shift hot key delay has passed.
    This will require that I do my own processing of press and hold timing. The OS does not provide the flexability to control this behavior.

Jeff
    Jeff - BT off processing is definitely fixed in B31 - thanks!

Read your post, d/l'd B31, tested, and wrote this post while waiting for the train. And people wonder why we love our Treos?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  12.    #432  
    Jeff - BT off processing is definitely fixed in B31 - thanks!

Read your post, d/l'd B31, tested, and wrote this post while waiting for the train. And people wonder why we love our Treos?
    That's awesome! The OTA site is doing its job!

Jeff
    OTA definitely doing it's job. Now if Sprint would only deploy EV-DV, I could've cut the time in half or more
    The latest beta version still does not fix the power off phone option if you have mute all checked. Can you please fix this in the next build.
    Jeff - couple of things

1. B31 About screen shows B30 version (a nit). I'm positive I'm running B31.

2. On the Time Configuration screen, can you clarify what Time Change Threshold does?
    - Is the DST field there to turn off DST adjustment for those locations where DST doesn't exist (certain countries in Europe and Asia I think)?
    - It says "min to add" but it's really "min to adjust", correct? (since we spring fwd and fall back)
    - Can the Set button be 5-way nav or can't it be because it has to be checked first?

3. Any chance of getting SCHotKey launchable with one of the hotkeys defined in Global Options? Perhaps I'm using SCHotkey more because I'm beta testing, but I do like it as a quick reference on the current state of things. I've got it tied to a Favorite right now but would rather the Favorite ("C") for something else.

4. In the Configuration>>> screens, can the tabs be 5-way nav-able?

5. In Profile Manager, can we go to a 2x3 or 2x4 matrix to show more profiles/screen just to make it faster to get at a particular profile? I've got 9 manual profiles in the list already and won't be surprised if I create some more.

As always, many, many thanks. SC is becoming more and more a simply outstanding app!
  16.    #436  
    Jeff - couple of things

1. B31 About screen shows B30 version (a nit). I'm positive I'm running B31.
    Will correct for the next build

2. On the Time Configuration screen, can you clarify what Time Change Threshold does?
    This is the amount of time difference needed betweent he Treo's clock and the network clock before a change is made to the Treo clock. Since the NTP servers that are publically available can differ in the time they give, this threshhold will allow for minor variations. In reality, anything within 50 seconds or so is acceptable in my mind for the time on the Treo.

- Is the DST field there to turn off DST adjustment for those locations where DST doesn't exist (certain countries in Europe and Asia I think)?
    You can simply put this value to 0 for those locations.

- It says "min to add" but it's really "min to adjust", correct? (since we spring fwd and fall back)
    That is correct. It is an additive value. The palm does not do a real good with DST processing from what I can tell. You will have to manually adjust this value once a year from +60 minutes to 0 minutes.

- Can the Set button be 5-way nav or can't it be because it has to be checked first?
    Just an oversite on my part of not building in 5-way for this new control.

3. Any chance of getting SCHotKey launchable with one of the hotkeys defined in Global Options? Perhaps I'm using SCHotkey more because I'm beta testing, but I do like it as a quick reference on the current state of things. I've got it tied to a Favorite right now but would rather the Favorite ("C") for something else.
    I will eventually add this as a hotkey option. I too like the idea but I was encouraged earlier on in developement to not allow any more hotkeys.

4. In the Configuration>>> screens, can the tabs be 5-way nav-able?
    Yes, just have not gotten around to implementing the 5-way on all screens yet.

5. In Profile Manager, can we go to a 2x3 or 2x4 matrix to show more profiles/screen just to make it faster to get at a particular profile? I've got 9 manual profiles in the list already and won't be surprised if I create some more.
    I am not sure about this one right now. That would be a fairly major UI change at this late stage. I'll give it some thought but I have some higher priority features that ned to make it into the released product. If you ahve time and know how, could you create a screen mockup with your ideas for this screen? That would help.

As always, many, many thanks. SC is becoming more and more a simply outstanding app!
    Cool thanks for the kind words!!

Jeff
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    The latest beta version still does not fix the power off phone option if you have mute all checked. Can you please fix this in the next build.
    I will do my best. I realize this is a problem and will address it ASAP.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Global setting meaning in the preferences application or in a nested profile?
    With the global setting I mean the preferences application.
    ... If the default state of the KB lights is ON ...
    I think there is a small misunderstanding. I meant "auto keyboard mode", that the kb lights turn on for 10 s after a keypress, even without any active profile and the kb backlight manually turned off via the hotkey.
    ... This will require that I do my own processing of press and hold timing. The OS does not provide the flexability to control this behavior...
    Sounds like a lot work. I happens to me about once a day that I actually want to enter an uppercase character, but suddenly have SC in my face. I will try menu-hold as my hotkey instead.
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    With the global setting I mean the preferences application.
    OK I see what the problem is. Am trying a few things to resolve the problem.

I think there is a small misunderstanding. I meant "auto keyboard mode", that the kb lights turn on for 10 s after a keypress, even without any active profile and the kb backlight manually turned off via the hotkey.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I think the newest build (B32) should fix this issue. If it doesn't, could you send me your SC environment(ScheduleCareDB, Profiles-DB, SC_StrProfilesDB, SCDB_Cat, KeyBoardDB, Saved Preferences). This will allow me to recreate your setup and debug the issue directly.

Sounds like a lot work. I happens to me about once a day that I actually want to enter an uppercase character, but suddenly have SC in my face. I will try menu-hold as my hotkey instead.
    Yes it would be a fair amount of work. Let me know if the menu key does not fix your navigation habbits.

Jeff
  20.    #440  
    New build posted. Details in the header.

Jeff