View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Jeff - fwiw, I can confirm Xathros items 1, 3, 5, and 6.

Xathros - perhaps I misunderstand, but on #4, I don't think the values of the individual sound settings have never been 5way nav-enabled. You can select them with the stylus, but the entire screen is meant to be read-only and just show the status.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Jeff-

SC 9.27 has been problematic for me in several ways:

1) Timed profiles not applying settings. SCKey indicates the correct profile, settings and duration at all times but my sound and vibrations settings are not actiually applied. If I disable and re enable SC than the settings are applied for the current point in time but then when the current timed profiles ends, settings are not correct for the underlying profile until I disable/enable sc again.
    I found a bug and have fixed it. Should see a new build out later today.

2) NTP time set (at least manually pressing set button) causes the 650 to attepmt to set the time then disconnect from Vision. Does it need to disconnect ? Doesn't seem like it should.
    This is fixed.

3) On 2 occasions, pressing the NTP Set button had caused a long lockup then reset of the 650. During the lockup period (up to a minute it seems) the LED was solid yellow. Not sure what that indicates. ##377 after the reset says: "While running SC-HotKey - Fatal Exception."
    This has been fixed.

4) SCKey screen is not behaving correctly in some cases. When I have my lunch profile running, some settings that are owned by work or day are shown as owned by Lunch with has --- set for those settings. Also, there are many elements on the sckey screen (Vol and vib settings mostly) that are not accessable by the 5way nav. Not sure if this is a bug or the nav code hasn't been completed on this screen yet. Either way, I felt I should report it.
    The ownership problem has been fixed. The 5-way nav is not really a problem. Since the sound ownership is a "package" navigation over the sound type is sufficient. By this I mean that only the most recent profile/calendar command that changed a sound type will show as the opwner for all sound attributes for a particilar sound type. This is necessary because of the underlying architecture of how sound types were implemented. All conditions that were set by overlapping profiles on descrete sound components remains in effect but the identification of ownership is not possible in SC-HotKey.

5) PowerOnScreen (POS) is not working anymore. I haven't seen it since the 9.27 install. This is true with and without Keyguard enabled. In 9.26 that worked flawlessly.
    This is fixed now.

6) If I run a manual profile - all settings seem to be applied - when I stop that profile - settings are not restored to the previous state. May be related to #1 above
    On a side note - 9.26 was giving me the same problem with timed exec failures.
    This is the result of the problem above. This is now fixed.

7) My backup profile turns off phone and initiates a soft reset prior to my scheduled backup. At the end of backup, the phone is turned back on but after that the default condition of the phone seems to be off rather than on. This means if I disable SC, it will turn my phone off even tho the phone was on before I enabled sc. I don't think it used to behave this way but I could be mistaken. I suspect my backup profile works because I don't allow nesting with this profile.

At this point, I'm considering rolling back to 9.25 at this point as that seemed stable and functional with my profiles.

Any thoughts ?

-X
    Net-net is that I blew it in this release but the good news is that I have identifed and fixed the problems. The major contributor to the problems was a database change that I made to the profile DB. I didn't think the change I made would effect existing profiles. I was wrong. Unfortunately the next build will require a rebuild of your profiles.

Jeff
  3.    #403  
    New build posted that addess the issues found in B25, B26, B27.

See the top post for details.

Jeff
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Jeff, you've mentioned before the lack of a BT API to have a more elegant way to control the radio. If you hadn't seen it already, I thought I'd point out BlueFang at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/bluefang.shtml . It displays the current BT status icon and allows you to change the radio.

Not sure how they did it, but thought I'd throw it out there. It's free, but no source code was supplied. He might share the "how" anyway.
    An update. I contracted the developer of this utility and he was willing to share the source code for a *significant* fee. At this time, I am not willing to fork over mid-3 figures to get this functionality. I will however keep looking and probing.

Jeff
    That's disappointing. Perhaps he regrets posting BlueFang as a free app?

I'll keep my eyes open as well.
    Jeff-

9.29 seems to be wonderfuly stable! With one exception:

On the global ops screen, the NTP "SET" button seems to be controlled by the "Keep System Clock Current" check box. When I first enter the Global Options screen with the check box deselected, the set button is visible until I check then uncheck the "Keep..." checkbox.

Now - uncheck the "Keep..." check box, exit to the main sc screen then back to global ops. The SET buttin is there but Keep is unchecked. Press set button and it attempts to set the time. Out of 5 tests in this condition, it succeeded 4 times and reset the 650 once (on first attempt).

Dunno if the reset has anything to do with the "Keep..." chk box or not - it's possible that it was due to low signal during the NTP update.

Also, NTP Update is still causing Vision disconnect. Even if Vision is up before doing NTP set, it will be off immediatly following the NTP set.

-X
    Last edited by Xathros; 04/10/2005 at 07:54 AM.
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Xathros - perhaps I misunderstand, but on #4, I don't think the values of the individual sound settings have never been 5way nav-enabled. You can select them with the stylus, but the entire screen is meant to be read-only and just show the status.
    Tomvb2000-

I was aware that this was a read only screen but was thinking that each setting would display it's "owner" profile name. I wasn't looking to change the values on this screen - Just looking to see what profile owned an items current value. Jeff has since explained that all of the sound settings (I suspect on a row by row basis) are treated as one on this screen so there is no need to nav to the individual sound settings as I thought.

-X
    Xathros

8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Tomvb2000-

I was aware that this was a read only screen but was thinking that each setting would display it's "owner" profile name. I wasn't looking to change the values on this screen - Just looking to see what profile owned an items current value. Jeff has since explained that all of the sound settings (I suspect on a row by row basis) are treated as one on this screen so there is no need to nav to the individual sound settings as I thought.

-X
    That is exactly correct. You can however tap on a control like a sound slider but it will show you the same information as the main sound icon. I just thought that having the navigation go to these controls was an operation that would just slow down overall gathering of information.

Jeff
    Jeff, I just wanted to mention that I still have an issue with the profiles pop up not coming up (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't) when I press the "menu" key (or any other key I might have it assigned to). I'm still not sure if it's a software conflict specific to my device or not. You fixed the zlauncher issue so I'm quite pleased about that.

I'm not sure why the popup works sporadically, I have found that if I simply turn the treo off and then back on it will then work. Also, if it the popup doesn't come up, I can go into the main SC app and then go back out, and the popup will immediately work after that. I'm wondering if you see any pattern or know of any possible reason as to why this might be happening.

I sort of hesitate to post this because it seems like no one else is being affected by this, on the other hand, no one else was affected (as far as I know) by the previous zlauncher issue (and that was something you were able to fix). I completely uninstall any previous version of SC before updating to a new version and I'm currently using build B0.9.29.
    Jeff, since build 027, after setting some profiles in manual mode, the led become solid orange. The only way to reste to default flashing green (radio on) it is to uninstall SC and make a soft reset.
    Is it a known bug or I made something wrong?
    Stefano
    I uninstalled the previous version and reinstalled the new beta version and when I set my profile to turn off the phone, the phone will lock up. I then have to soft reset my phone. The only other option I have selected is to mute all sounds.
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I just wanted to mention that I still have an issue with the profiles pop up not coming up (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't) when I press the "menu" key (or any other key I might have it assigned to). I'm still not sure if it's a software conflict specific to my device or not. You fixed the zlauncher issue so I'm quite pleased about that.

I'm not sure why the popup works sporadically, I have found that if I simply turn the treo off and then back on it will then work. Also, if it the popup doesn't come up, I can go into the main SC app and then go back out, and the popup will immediately work after that. I'm wondering if you see any pattern or know of any possible reason as to why this might be happening.

I sort of hesitate to post this because it seems like no one else is being affected by this, on the other hand, no one else was affected (as far as I know) by the previous zlauncher issue (and that was something you were able to fix). I completely uninstall any previous version of SC before updating to a new version and I'm currently using build B0.9.29.
    Pleae do not hesitate to post!!! I want to know about these issues.

Does there seem to be any pattern that you can identify that leads to the menu key not working correctly? That would really help me fix this issue. I am sure this is a real problem and I also know what is causing it. What I do not know is what leads to the problem happening - if that makes sense!

So if it is possible for you to tell me: After I do this, that and this, the hotkey no longer works, that would really help me isolate the section of the program to look for the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff
  13.    #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Zenni
    Jeff, since build 027, after setting some profiles in manual mode, the led become solid orange. The only way to reste to default flashing green (radio on) it is to uninstall SC and make a soft reset.
    Stefano
    Do you have the LED option enabled in the Global options menu under Alerts?

Do you still have this problem in vB0.9.29? Strange that the LED is not being returned to the default state? Are you running any other utility that changes the LED?

Jeff

BTW: You do not need to uninstall SC to restore the LED function to normal. Deselect the LED option in the global settings.
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    I uninstalled the previous version and reinstalled the new beta version and when I set my profile to turn off the phone, the phone will lock up. I then have to soft reset my phone. The only other option I have selected is to mute all sounds.
    What version of the Treo are you using? Treo 600 or Treo 650? CDMA or GSM?

Is the phone on or off before the profile executes? Try the same test for me without the mute setting and see if that helps. I have seen one other time that an event will block until it is allowed to produce its sounds. This may be one of those situations. If this is the case, I can produce a workaround.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

BTW: You do not need to uninstall SC to restore the LED function to normal. Deselect the LED option in the global settings.
    Or just a soft reset if it's in a confused state. Besides, simply disabling SC should result in the same behavior as uninstalling SC without the added hassle of uninstall/reinstall.

-X
    Xathros

Stefano
    A few questions about this:

Do your profiles have the phone turned off at 3:00 am ? If so, do you have "Keep System Clock Current" enabled in the SC global options screen ? The network time code is currently hard coded to run at 3am.

What might be happening here is this: Your profile turns off the phone before 3:00 am. At 3:00 am the Network time code runs, turns LED orange then hangs and timesout because there is no network connection (phone off). This leaves the LED set because the code never gets to finish and restore the LED.

I have been able to reproduce this by turning off the phone then pressing the set button in SC and letting it sit without answering the "Turn on phone Y/n" prompt.

Just a thought...

-X
    Xathros

Do you have the LED option enabled in the Global options menu under Alerts?

Do you still have this problem in vB0.9.29? Strange that the LED is not being returned to the default state? Are you running any other utility that changes the LED?

Jeff

The led option was off. Anyway I solved the problem uninstalling SC and Phone Technician (I also have KBLightsOff) and then installing them again. Now everything is ok. The only "problem" is about ringtones. PT allows me to use one ringtone only, without difference between Known and Unknown Callers, as SC instead does. Because I use PT to manage vibrations etc, it happens that SC doesn't use its own Known and Unknown Callers preference for the current profile: so I have one ringtone only available, the one chosen by PT. I suppose that PT dictates the ringer preferences to the system.
    What version of the Treo are you using? Treo 600 or Treo 650? CDMA or GSM?

Is the phone on or off before the profile executes? Try the same test for me without the mute setting and see if that helps. I have seen one other time that an event will block until it is allowed to produce its sounds. This may be one of those situations. If this is the case, I can produce a workaround.

Jeff
    I have a 650 CDMA and you are correct. I tried it with the mute option disabled and it worked now. I guess the phone needs to be off first before muting the sounds.
  19.    #419  
    The led option was off. Anyway I solved the problem uninstalling SC and Phone Technician (I also have KBLightsOff) and then installing them again. Now everything is ok. The only "problem" is about ringtones. PT allows me to use one ringtone only, without difference between Known and Unknown Callers, as SC instead does. Because I use PT to manage vibrations etc, it happens that SC doesn't use its own Known and Unknown Callers preference for the current profile: so I have one ringtone only available, the one chosen by PT. I suppose that PT dictates the ringer preferences to the system.
    I am very confused by the statement about "SC doesn't use its own Known and Unknown Callers preference for the current profile:".

What do you mean by this?

Also, is PT doing something that you would like SC to be doing?

I would also recommend that you not enable Keyboard support if you are using KBlightsOff. The 2 programs will definitely conflict with one another. And one more thing. Since you are a user of KBlightsOff, is there anything it does that SC does not do at this point?

Jeff
    Jeff - SC has been great all week, but there is one annoying bug I've run in to dealing with turning BT off. Some background info to help debug:

1. "Day" profile runs 6:00a-5:30p with Config->System->BT="---"
    2. "BT on (PM)" runs 5:30p-7:00p with Config->System->BT="On"
    3. "Night" profile runs 7:00p-11:30p with Config->System->BT="Off"

Result is that Treo resets right after Night profile becomes active. By process of elimination, I've pinned it down to Night having Config->System->BT="Off". The "workaround" is to have Night use the Config->System->BT="---" option which allows "BT on (PM)" to timeout at 7:00p at which point the BT is turned off automatically.

I originally thought "---" meant "don't change anything" which is why I had Night explicitly turn off BT when it gets run. It seems that "---" is either behaving differently and/or there is a bug in sending keystrokes to turn BT off (i.e. char buffer overrun). Just thought I'd let you know.

No problems at all with profiles turning BT on.