View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Since the profile switcher dialog can easily be used with the finger, it is not much of a problem. In the end, it comes down to whether you typically switch from profile to profile, or whether you typically stop a profile before starting another one later in the day. Since timed profiles take care of my default state, I only use manual profiles as exceptions, so stop makes the most sense as a default to me. For others, they always have a manual profile running, so switch makes the most sense as a default for them. It would be great if we could configure which of the two styles of using manual profiles we prefer.
    Jeff --- A feature request I last saw many pages ago--I'm not sure how high this is on your priority list (if at all), but I thought I'd resurface the subject to see if you had any thoughts.

Not sure if it'd be valuable to others, but I'd appreciate having a "Copy Profile (and Rename)" functionality on the main Profile Manager screen (maybe as a button under the enable/disable) switch. In general, it would be useful to create a new profile based on an existing one and then modify it slightly to meet specific conditions. I know SC 'allows' this through nesting a minimally obtrusive 'slight modification' on top of a base configuration, but for people who can't appreciate the nesting approach or get confused by multiple overlapping nested profiles, this would be a good fall-back to ease the time to get up to speed during initial SC configuration.

Personally, I have unique use for the profile copy function. I'll expand only since you seemed interested in learning how some people are applying the great flexibility SC gives us: I use three daily timed profiles during my work week. However, I travel east coast/west coast every week for work Mon-Thurs. For reasons related to missed appointments and other issues manageing timezone changes in the past, I never change my computer or my treo to PAC time when I'm out here (I never even change my watch...) I would use this feature to set up duplicate profiles for each of my three timed conditions. I then change the days/times they are in effect so that they occur at the same 'local' time each day. For example Profile: "Day-EDT" would be timed 7am-6pm EDT in effect Friday only and Profile: "Day-PDT" timed 10am-9pm EDT in effect Mon-Thurs, etc... Alternatively, I would override as needed, or enable/disable three of the six at all times if I choose to set up each up as a M-F event.

Sorry for the long explanation of my request for this profile copy functionality.
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    As I mentioned a few posts above, I rather like this change. Of course, I can see how someone else might want the nav ring to default to being on the "stop" button if they use that button frequently. I never use the stop button (I am always using one profile or another) and I frequently change profiles, so having the nav ring on the current profile, saves me a few extra pushes on the 5way.

This is just a suggestion, but perhaps allowing a key like the "backspace" or the "period" key to initiate a full stop of the profiles would work out well in a situation where somone may want to frequently stop profiles (just a thought).
    My thought on the shortcut key is this: It is easier to hit the "big" stop button than it is to hit a very small key. So since you have to initiate an action, either a screen touch or a key press, I don't see the need to invent a shortcut key for this feature. I am also split between the request to use the center button on the 5-way or a screen press to stop a profile. The two "controls" are so close to one another.... I will however put the request for a configuation option here on a feature enhancement request for an upcoming release. For now, I think the benefits of having the active profile highlighted and the current duration reflected for a running profile is a very needed option. My belief is that this is a more intuative setup for the initial state of the manual profile screen.

Jeff
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Since the profile switcher dialog can easily be used with the finger, it is not much of a problem. In the end, it comes down to whether you typically switch from profile to profile, or whether you typically stop a profile before starting another one later in the day. Since timed profiles take care of my default state, I only use manual profiles as exceptions, so stop makes the most sense as a default to me. For others, they always have a manual profile running, so switch makes the most sense as a default for them. It would be great if we could configure which of the two styles of using manual profiles we prefer.
    I agree and please see my previous post from about 3 minutes ago. I do respect your request and will put it on a feature wish list for a future release. Is that OK with you for now?

Jeff
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Jeff --- A feature request I last saw many pages ago--I'm not sure how high this is on your priority list (if at all), but I thought I'd resurface the subject to see if you had any thoughts.

Not sure if it'd be valuable to others, but I'd appreciate having a "Copy Profile (and Rename)" functionality on the main Profile Manager screen (maybe as a button under the enable/disable) switch. In general, it would be useful to create a new profile based on an existing one and then modify it slightly to meet specific conditions. I know SC 'allows' this through nesting a minimally obtrusive 'slight modification' on top of a base configuration, but for people who can't appreciate the nesting approach or get confused by multiple overlapping nested profiles, this would be a good fall-back to ease the time to get up to speed during initial SC configuration.
    Thanks for bring this up again. I do have plans to support a copy feature. I just have been so busy fixing issues and adding functionality that I have not gotten around to finding room on the profile screen to add the copy button and put the 5 lines of code in to copy a profile. I understand the need and it will get in a near term future release. I think Tanzer was the first to ask for this if I am not mistaken.

Personally, I have unique use for the profile copy function. I'll expand only since you seemed interested in learning how some people are applying the great flexibility SC gives us: I use three daily timed profiles during my work week. However, I travel east coast/west coast every week for work Mon-Thurs. For reasons related to missed appointments and other issues manageing timezone changes in the past, I never change my computer or my treo to PAC time when I'm out here (I never even change my watch...) I would use this feature to set up duplicate profiles for each of my three timed conditions. I then change the days/times they are in effect so that they occur at the same 'local' time each day. For example Profile: "Day-EDT" would be timed 7am-6pm EDT in effect Friday only and Profile: "Day-PDT" timed 10am-9pm EDT in effect Mon-Thurs, etc... Alternatively, I would override as needed, or enable/disable three of the six at all times if I choose to set up each up as a M-F event.

Sorry for the long explanation of my request for this profile copy functionality.
    You are right - I do want to understand how people will be using this product. That is why I have such an open and interactive Beta program. I want this program to fit the needs of as many people as possible!

Let me ask you a question. I am planning on adding support for "time" and "timezones". The code to have the Treo ping NTP time servers is already done and in testing. This enables the Treo to get the current time from the internet once a day (3am). If the Treo's time is off by more than 30 seconds, SC will set the Treo's clock to the right time. I also plan to add a profile/calendar command that will allow you to specify what timezone the Treo should set its clock to. Now on the 650, the built-in calendar supports timezone specification for calendar entries. This will allow you to have accurate time and alarm management as you travel. Is this option of interest to you?

Jeff
    Jeff, I hate to take up your time with this, but I still have the issue I mentioned in post #373 (issue numbers 1 and 2). The issue with zlauncher sort of freezing up is no big deal since it only happens after I edit a profile (which is infrequent).

The issue with the "menu" button often not working to bring up the pop up is more of a problem for me though. I have completely (as far as I can tell) uninstalled and reinstalled the latest beta of Schedule Care a couple of times, but the menu button often times will not work to bring up the pop up. I have tried all of your suggestions about how to enable sc and its companion utility, so I'm a bit puzzled. If I change the preference to have the "shift" button bring up the popup, then the same thing will happen with the shift button. It seems like the key will just randomly stop working to bring up the pop up sometimes. If I turn the treo off and then back on (using the power button) then the pop up will instantly work again. I'm sort of stumped because this only started happening with the latest beta and I don't know if its user error or some sort of coincidence. It's likely to be something specific to my device since no one else seems to be having the problem, but I can't figure out what's causing it.
    Jeff, you've mentioned before the lack of a BT API to have a more elegant way to control the radio. If you hadn't seen it already, I thought I'd point out BlueFang at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/bluefang.shtml . It displays the current BT status icon and allows you to change the radio.

Not sure how they did it, but thought I'd throw it out there. It's free, but no source code was supplied. He might share the "how" anyway.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I hate to take up your time with this, but I still have the issue I mentioned in post #373 (issue numbers 1 and 2). The issue with zlauncher sort of freezing up is no big deal since it only happens after I edit a profile (which is infrequent).

The issue with the "menu" button often not working to bring up the pop up is more of a problem for me though. I have completely (as far as I can tell) uninstalled and reinstalled the latest beta of Schedule Care a couple of times, but the menu button often times will not work to bring up the pop up. I have tried all of your suggestions about how to enable sc and its companion utility, so I'm a bit puzzled. If I change the preference to have the "shift" button bring up the popup, then the same thing will happen with the shift button. It seems like the key will just randomly stop working to bring up the pop up sometimes. If I turn the treo off and then back on (using the power button) then the pop up will instantly work again. I'm sort of stumped because this only started happening with the latest beta and I don't know if its user error or some sort of coincidence. It's likely to be something specific to my device since no one else seems to be having the problem, but I can't figure out what's causing it.
    Its no bother at all! I think I found the resolution to both issues. I am just trying to complete the addition of NTP time up dates before I release the next version with these fixes. If I don't have the new NTP code solid by tomorrow night, I will release an update with only fixes for thse problems and 2 others I found while traveling yesterday and today with calendar commands not working 100% of the time.

Jeff
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Jeff, you've mentioned before the lack of a BT API to have a more elegant way to control the radio. If you hadn't seen it already, I thought I'd point out BlueFang at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/bluefang.shtml . It displays the current BT status icon and allows you to change the radio.

Not sure how they did it, but thought I'd throw it out there. It's free, but no source code was supplied. He might share the "how" anyway.
    Thanks for the pointer! I did know there way a way but I have not found out how to do it yet. Perhaps this developer will be willing to work with me on how he made this work. Obviously it can be done, but the big Q was how.

I'll do more research!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I agree and please see my previous post from about 3 minutes ago. I do respect your request and will put it on a feature wish list for a future release. Is that OK with you for now?

Jeff
    Yes, that is fine.
  11.    #391  
    B0.9.27 - Several more fixes and updates to command execution.
    ...........* Added support for NTP automatic system time correction at 3am every morning
    ...........* Added manual NTP system time update button to Options page
    ...........* Added a menu item in Options page to adjust for DST

The new time option can be found in the General Options Page

Jeff
    Thanks for the update Jeff. Do we need to redefine B25/B26 profiles for B27?
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Thanks for the update Jeff. Do we need to redefine B25/B26 profiles for B27?
    B26 no. I don't remember when I did the DB upgrade. But I think you should be fine.

Jeff
    Thanks. Had no problem running B26 on B25 profiles, but with the new B27 options, just wanted to double check.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Its no bother at all! I think I found the resolution to both issues. I am just trying to complete the addition of NTP time up dates before I release the next version with these fixes. If I don't have the new NTP code solid by tomorrow night, I will release an update with only fixes for thse problems and 2 others I found while traveling yesterday and today with calendar commands not working 100% of the time.

Jeff
    Jeff, I've been using the newest SC update (New build B0.9.27), and I think it's safe to say that one of the issues (zlauncher sort of freezing after editing a profile) has been completely fixed. Thanks very much for that.

Unfortunately I can see that the problem with the popup still seems to exist. I'm noticing that it's almost as if the Treo is forgetting that SC is enabled because when the "menu" button (or shift button etc) won't bring up the pop up, the side button also will not work to turn on the keyboard lights. It does seem to be happening less frequently though (although this could just be my imagination). I thought about it and I'm almost positive that this only started happening once you split SC into 2 files, before that this never issue never occured for me (the pop up not displaying when the button is pushed). Thanks for all your time and effort on this!
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 04/07/2005 at 05:16 PM.
    When I use the phone off function in my profile, it seems to lock up and the screen will not turn off. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Katahdin - which version are you using? I have been testing B25 and B26 with a profile that shuts off the phone every night from 11:30p-6:00a. I haven't seen any lockup problems. It's only a guess, but you might need to recreate the profile in case there is some non-obvious incompatibility between beta versions you've been using.
    I was using the latest beta version 27 but I did not uninstall my previous beta versions. I will try reinstalling a fresh copy and recreate the profiles and see what happens. Thanks.
    Please find below my experiences with B27:

- In the profile switcher: When a profile is running, and there is only one manual profile defined, the 5-way defaults to the stop button. Is this correct?

- SC resets the Treo on trying to do a time sync. This happens only with my bluetooth connection, the phone connection works fine. With the BT connection, it could be that a firewall is blocking some required packets.

- Still have the system sound mute, and kb lights problems (Any idea when you will be able to have a look at this? Also if you like me to run specific tests, I am happy to help out.)

- In the profile configuration, the tooltips for the sound page are all off, displaying the caption for a neighbouring control
    Jeff-

SC 9.27 has been problematic for me in several ways:

1) Timed profiles not applying settings. SCKey indicates the correct profile, settings and duration at all times but my sound and vibrations settings are not actiually applied. If I disable and re enable SC than the settings are applied for the current point in time but then when the current timed profiles ends, settings are not correct for the underlying profile until I disable/enable sc again.

2) NTP time set (at least manually pressing set button) causes the 650 to attepmt to set the time then disconnect from Vision. Does it need to disconnect ? Doesn't seem like it should.

3) On 2 occasions, pressing the NTP Set button had caused a long lockup then reset of the 650. During the lockup period (up to a minute it seems) the LED was solid yellow. Not sure what that indicates. ##377 after the reset says: "While running SC-HotKey - Fatal Exception."

4) SCKey screen is not behaving correctly in some cases. When I have my lunch profile running, some settings that are owned by work or day are shown as owned by Lunch with has --- set for those settings. Also, there are many elements on the sckey screen (Vol and vib settings mostly) that are not accessable by the 5way nav. Not sure if this is a bug or the nav code hasn't been completed on this screen yet. Either way, I felt I should report it.

5) PowerOnScreen (POS) is not working anymore. I haven't seen it since the 9.27 install. This is true with and without Keyguard enabled. In 9.26 that worked flawlessly.

6) If I run a manual profile - all settings seem to be applied - when I stop that profile - settings are not restored to the previous state. May be related to #1 above
    On a side note - 9.26 was giving me the same problem with timed exec failures.

7) My backup profile turns off phone and initiates a soft reset prior to my scheduled backup. At the end of backup, the phone is turned back on but after that the default condition of the phone seems to be off rather than on. This means if I disable SC, it will turn my phone off even tho the phone was on before I enabled sc. I don't think it used to behave this way but I could be mistaken. I suspect my backup profile works because I don't allow nesting with this profile.

At this point, I'm considering rolling back to 9.25 at this point as that seemed stable and functional with my profiles.

Any thoughts ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004