View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I think the problem lies in the screen dimming function. What happens if you do *not* turn on dimming?
    Exactly the same behaviour with regard to the auto keyboard lights: lottery. If the auto keyboard lights work, they behave exactly as you intended, if not, nothing happens. From my programming background that smells like a forgotten initialization, thats why I asked how you determine whether auto keyboard lights mode should be on or not. (This is still with 9.12)
    I thought people would like it if I showed a visual indication of the lighting condition as the slider was moved. As soon as you stop controlling the slider, the brightness returns to the level it was before you touched the slider.
    This works like intended if you use the stylus. With the 5-way, the brightness jumps to 40%/50% if you press either up or down in the profile configuration dialog, and this setting is retained even after you leave SC (9.12)
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Exactly the same behaviour with regard to the auto keyboard lights: lottery. If the auto keyboard lights work, they behave exactly as you intended, if not, nothing happens. From my programming background that smells like a forgotten initialization, thats why I asked how you determine whether auto keyboard lights mode should be on or not. (This is still with 9.12)
    This works like intended if you use the stylus. With the 5-way, the brightness jumps to 40%/50% if you press either up or down in the profile configuration dialog, and this setting is retained even after you leave SC (9.12)
    Have you tried B0.9.15 yet? Some changes were made to make the KB light behavior better.

Thanks for the help with the bightness slider. I appreciate the detailed information. I will try to reproduce and make the necessary fixes. On a side note, should I just not worry about showing when the brightness will be when you slide the brightness slider? Seems like it is causing much trouble and confusion.

Jeff
    Have you tried B0.9.15 yet? Some changes were made to make the KB light behavior better.
    I checked with 9.14/9.15 (that the hotkey app and SC show different version numbers is not problem, or is it?)
    The kb light behaviour is more reproduceable now: when I activate a kb lights on profile while the kb light is off, it does not work (I get a very short light flash on the kb when turning it on), but if I then immediately deactivate the profile again, kb lights mode is on without any active profile. (And also the kb lights are on, so you have to manually turn them off again to notice kb lights mode).
    If I start the profile with the kb light on, everything works as it is supposed to.

Unfortunately, with this build, the hotkeys disable themselves. The kb light hot key disables when I stop the working kb lights mode on profile with the kb light permanently enabled, and the profile selection hot key when I press "close" or "cancel" to leave the selection dialog without any changes. (EDIT: I use both shift keys as my hot keys.)

Thanks for the help with the bightness slider. I appreciate the detailed information. I will try to reproduce and make the necessary fixes. On a side note, should I just not worry about showing when the brightness will be when you slide the brightness slider? Seems like it is causing much trouble and confusion.
    The dynamic feedback is quite valuable to me, and some of the polish with which to demonstrate to non-technical people the quality of the application. But if it costs you more than another day coding to get it right, the time would be better used to get the kb lights fixed.

I would imagine that your 5-way code looks a bit like this:

INIT: clear flag that any dynamic control have been entered

ON ENTER CONTROL: if the control is a dynamic control (in this case the brightness slider), save old setting, and set flag that we have a dynamic setting to restore.

ON LEAVE CONTROL: if the "dynamic setting to restore" flag is set, look in the save location, and restore the old setting again.

Given this structure, it should not be too difficult to use the same save/restore logic you already have working with the stylus.
    Another thought: WordToGo has some flag set to make it invisible to the launcher display, but still accessible by the delete app dialog. It would be nice to mark SC-HotKeys in the same way.
    On my Treo 650 with 9.15, I have a problem with the "disable alarms during phone call" option. Namely, they are not reenabled after I make a call. Apart from other alarms not working, also profile switching does no longer work: The dialog itself keeps correctly track of the current profile, but it never becomes effective (Even no feedback sound is provided). I have the profile manager enabled, and the calendar manager disabled.
  6.    #306  
    I checked with 9.14/9.15 (that the hotkey app and SC show different version numbers is not problem, or is it?)
    The kb light behaviour is more reproduceable now: when I activate a kb lights on profile while the kb light is off, it does not work (I get a very short light flash on the kb when turning it on), but if I then immediately deactivate the profile again, kb lights mode is on without any active profile. (And also the kb lights are on, so you have to manually turn them off again to notice kb lights mode).
    If I start the profile with the kb light on, everything works as it is supposed to.
    I did change the default behaviour a bit with the KB lights. SC no longer automatically shuts off the KB lights. What I mean is that the default condition for the KB lights on the 650 is ON. What SC used to do is automatically turn them off when ever SC was enabled. I no longer do this. I *only* change the behvior of the lights when a profile or a calendar command tells SC to change the state.

So if a profile says to enable keyboard lights, then SC will turn off the lights at the beginning of the command. Then on the next keypress, SC will turn on the lights for 10 seconds. Then it will shut them off again unless another key stroke happens before then. IN any event the lights will go off again 10 seconds after the last key press.

Now if a profile says to disable keyboard lights, then the lights will turn off at the beginning of the command and stay off until the command completes. When the command is complete and there are no more keyboard commands ready to execute, then the keyboard lights will return to their state prior to the first keyboard command execution.

Unfortunately, with this build, the hotkeys disable themselves. The kb light hot key disables when I stop the working kb lights mode on profile with the kb light permanently enabled, and the profile selection hot key when I press "close" or "cancel" to leave the selection dialog without any changes. (EDIT: I use both shift keys as my hot keys.)
    Yes I fixed this in the release I just posted.

The dynamic feedback is quite valuable to me, and some of the polish with which to demonstrate to non-technical people the quality of the application. But if it costs you more than another day coding to get it right, the time would be better used to get the kb lights fixed.

I would imagine that your 5-way code looks a bit like this:

INIT: clear flag that any dynamic control have been entered

ON ENTER CONTROL: if the control is a dynamic control (in this case the brightness slider), save old setting, and set flag that we have a dynamic setting to restore.
    Something like that. I believe I have fixed this now.

Jeff

ON LEAVE CONTROL: if the "dynamic setting to restore" flag is set, look in the save location, and restore the old setting again.

Given this structure, it should not be too difficult to use the same save/restore logic you already have working with the stylus.[/QUOTE]
  7.    #307  
    Another thought: WordToGo has some flag set to make it invisible to the launcher display, but still accessible by the delete app dialog. It would be nice to mark SC-HotKeys in the same way.
    SC-HotKey now has a purpose. If you execute it by itself, it will now give you a status screen.

Jeff
  8.    #308  
    On my Treo 650 with 9.15, I have a problem with the "disable alarms during phone call" option. Namely, they are not reenabled after I make a call. Apart from other alarms not working, also profile switching does no longer work: The dialog itself keeps correctly track of the current profile, but it never becomes effective (Even no feedback sound is provided). I have the profile manager enabled, and the calendar manager disabled.
    The profile switching is fixed in B0.9.16.

How are you ending your phone calls? In the tests I have performed the alerts are re-enabled. But I may not be covering all cases in my testing.

Jeff
  9.    #309  
    New build posted.

B0.9.17.

See the 1st post for updates.
    How are you ending your phone calls? In the tests I have performed the alerts are re-enabled. But I may not be covering all cases in my testing.
    Jeff
    One reproduceable scenario: I start the call by selecting the number from the last called menu, pressing the phone button twice to call the first entry. The call rings, and I cancel before it is answered by pressing the cancel call button on the touch screen with my finger.

The same behaviour if I cancel the call with the end call hard button instead of using the touchscreen.

I hope that helps you find the issue.
    9.17 still resets on t600 every time you have a timed profile in effect
    Findings with 0.9.17:
    - Alarms still remain disabled after phone call

- Profiles cycling with kb lights mode on still leads to inconsistent behaviour of the lights, including kb lights mode on without a profile

- The following sequence after a reset reliably causes the kb lights hotkey to stop functioning. (it can be reenabled by start/stopping the profile again). P stands for Profile with auto kb lights mode, L for manual kb light hotkey action:
    P on, P off, P on, P off, P on, L on, P off => kb light hotkey disabled

- Often the lights hotkey only works on the second attempt to use it.

- Now the SC-Hotkey show the SC status window, should it be renamed SC-Status?

- Starting the SC-Hotkey before starting SC itself without a database leads to a loop in which SC-Hotkey displays a pop-up "database out of sync". Pressing home should quit immediately, instead of running the dialog 10 or 20 times past you.

- The brightness indication in the profile dialog now works the same whether you use the stylus or the 5-way: the brightness is set to that 45% value when you enter the configuration dialog, and maintains it even after you leave SC.

On the positive side, the profile switching now works and the "cancel profile" bug is resolved.
  13.    #313  
    I know there were many issues with B0.9.17!!!!

I have worked all afternoon with Xathros and have fixed the majority of the issues.

Build B0.9.19 is posted.

Jeff
    v9.17 - still no progress with the t600 issues

Resets any time I have a timed profile after the radio turns on (ok) then about 20 seconds later a message flashes really quickly (changing settings??) then a reset.

Also if only manual profiles exist and one has radio off and the other has radio on. When changing from the radio off profile to the radio on, the verizon welcome screen hangs at that point and I have to manually reset.

Are you working on fixing the t600 issues at this point or should I wait for your final release?
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    v9.17 - still no progress with the t600 issues

Resets any time I have a timed profile after the radio turns on (ok) then about 20 seconds later a message flashes really quickly (changing settings??) then a reset.

Also if only manual profiles exist and one has radio off and the other has radio on. When changing from the radio off profile to the radio on, the verizon welcome screen hangs at that point and I have to manually reset.

Are you working on fixing the t600 issues at this point or should I wait for your final release?
    Yes I am testing now with the 600 as well. B0.9.17 was just a bad release! B0.9.19 is much, much better. Once I created the powerup screen, it showed me all of the things I was doing wrong and those have been fixed in B0.9.19. There are still a couple of things I need to fix that are in the works in B0.9.20 like:

* Showing MasterMute in the powerup screen
    * Fixing the screen dimming problem when you enter the Display Tab.
    * The random crash you get when you enter the Configuration Screen
    * Adding MasterMute to the calendar commands. !scA0! and !scV0! are not compatible with profiles. They are for use *only* when you have profiles disabled or not running.

Jeff
  16.    #316  
    How is everyone finding the powerup screen? Do you like having it popup when you power the Treo on? Personally I don't like it and I see it causing many problems with other applications.

I have a suggestion. What if I made the Status Screen a hotkey? In this way you can bring it up on demand. So unless many really love the power up option, I will remove it and add a hotkey execution of the Status Screen.

Jeff
    I like the idea of a power on notification that I have a profile set, but what you're dispalying is too much info and stays on the screen too long. how about this:

If no profile is active, display nothing. If, and only if, a profile is active display only the profile name, and only for about 1 or 2 seconds.

This will do the job of reminding me I have a profile set, so I don't go around with my sounds off all day. The name should be enough to tell me what my profile does, and I can always check the status screen if I want more detail. And a 1 - 2 second delay shouldn't interfere much with other functionality.

Personally, I really like having a notice that I've set a non-standard profile.

Edit: Another option might be to have the notifier be an option for each individual profile, rather than a global option. That way I could set it on for profiles that aren't visually obvious, and leave it off for profiles that I'll quickly identify as non-standard. I still think the notifier should be only the profile name, and only for a second or two.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 03/29/2005 at 09:39 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    v0.9.19 still resets with timed profiles if the profile has sounds set to other than ----, I haven't tried to figure out if it is any particular sound.

Regarding startup profile display, I like the option to show the display for .5 sec's, 1 sec, 2 sec's and only display the current profile name or option to not show startup profile name.
    I still have the same problems with 0.9.19 as with 0.9.17 (see above). I now noticed that when the key light hotkey is disabled, and I enter SC-Hotkey, it becomes enabled again.

Regarding the power up status window, I find it to be in the way, and I have disabled it again. It would be nice, however, if I could launch the status screen from the profile selection dialog. I do not know whether this is possible with the architecture you have choosen, but I would definitely prefer this to dedicating a third hotkey to SC.

If the profile dialog could also show whether any calendar commands/time profiles are active, and so tell me whether or not the status scrreen has interesting information or not, then that would be the icing on the cake. It could be as simple as putting an asterix behind the status caption.
    I'm new to the Treo 650, new to this thread and I happily discovered this wonderful software few hours ago, then sorry if I'm repeating something said in this long thread. I'm Italian: please sorry for my English.

My two cents:

- About profile display, it would be great to have just an icon in the Phone application (for example in the left corner, near the sms or voicemail icon) that explains the active profile, like in cellular phones.It isn't annoying and help the user to remember what kind of profile is currently set.
    Maybe this is already possibile, but I don't know how to display it: I'm working on the software since few hours.
    - In Phone Technician is possible to set a number of vibrations not depending on the rings: for example, for an incoming sms, two rings and three vibrations. This is a nice feature, because in mute mode a single vibration usually isn't enough to notify an incoming sm. What do you think about this feature?

Best
    Stefano