View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quick question. I've kept up on the development of Callfilter for the 650. Is the integration with the 600 or the 650?

Comment - I use Ringo at this point as my ringtone manager. SC seems to allow all of those preferences if I leave the phone sounds alone. If you don't use ringo, you probably counldn't comment, but it does seem to work this way.

Thought you might like to know that my profiles seem to be executing as they should. My night profile kicked in last night and my day this morning. At this point, a lot is trial and error as I know you're working on the app first and then the documentation.

Look forward to future releases!
    Hi Jeff-- I'm also still getting the "Trial Period Expired, please register" followed by a reset with the 0.9.12 release. I've tried to delete all schedulecare associated files, but I have a feeling theres a setting in the preferances database which is causing this. Any suggestions. It's obviously working for some people since there's only a few of us getting the reset probelm.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

John
    Jeff,

could you explain how SC determines what the current states of the keyboard lights and the auto keyboard light mode should be? Currently on my Treo 650, with 0.9.12, it is a bit of a lottery what I get. I test it with two manual profiles, one with auto lights and dimming on, and the other with both explicitly off, and I seem to get auto light on/off rather randomly. In the end I can always get to the desired result by profile start/stop cycling, but this should not be necessary. I also noted that when I have these problems, I often also cannot turn on/off the keyboard manually.

Great that you now give direct feedback when setting the desired screen brightness in the profiles section, unfortunately that seems to cause SC to reset the brightness to the 50% value when I exit SC. Also the brightness is not changed when you select the control, only when you change its setting. It is probably best not to change when navigating through the screen, but it would be nice if you could already change when the control is selected via the 5-way.

The brightness is a bit flaky at the lowest levels, turning on then off again when increasing it from zero, until you finally reach a high enough level. Since this is the exact same behaviour I get when changing brightness via the system while night mode is on, I would guess it is for PalmOne to clean this up.

I really like the way the profiles popup has turned out now, it is really easy to use now. I would appreciate if you could make the font giving the current timeout setting larger, for reading in a car.
    Jeff,

I have disable keyboard light in the global option settings. And it turns on at night (at least manually, I have not tested timed yet) and it turns off during the day (manual and timed). Which is different from what you shared. I am not sure what is happening.

question, can one install 0.9.12 on top of 0.9.11 so as not lose the settings?

question, on a timed event that is in process...everytime that you enter and then leave the app does it re-execute that profile? Which is fine and it seems to do just that.

You may want to create a simple logging system to record the time and execution of profiles (have it list say 50 or 100 and then write on top of the oldest).
  5.    #285  
    Here is a new build that should be even better for most. I have split ScheduleCare into 2 parts to give myself some more code room for additional features. You now need to install 2 files:

SC-Hotkeys
    ScheduleCare

SC-Hotkeys handles all of the background processing for HotKeys. I will also use this program for the power-on window. So if you do not want hotkey support you do not need to install this file. I am assuming most people will want to however. No other interaction with this program is needed other than to install it to RAM just like ScheduleCare. It is a "slave" process to ScheduleCare.

For 600 users, I have gotten rid of the reset loop condition. The keyboard lights are still not working for the 600 users but I will fix that soon. All other functions are however working.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The keyboard lights are still not working for the 600 users but I will fix that soon. All other functions are however working.

Jeff
    You can count me in the non-working keyboard lights department. Nothing I can do to enable them via profile, calendar or manualy. Everything else seems to be working nicely tho.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I will try the new version. I will share that I had a Day profile 7am to 7pm then a Night profile 7pm to 7am (just focused on keyboard light and screen brightness). Tomorrow at 7pm the Night profile did not execute and at 7:09pm I have a soft reset, upon reboot the Night profile executed. I have tryed both unchecking and checking nest profiles as well (in past days). But something is not working correctly. this was v0.9.11
    Sorry but I find 0.9.15 more flakey than even other recent releases. It has caused 3 soft reset in the past 15 minutes. Unable to make manual profiles work (outside of the first one).
  9.    #289  
    What does everyone think of this as a powerup status screen?

I plan on having it timeout after 15 seconds unless you touch the screen. Then if you touch the screen you will be allowed to 5-way or pen touch around the screen. As you touch or move the 5-way over an icon, it will report who "owns" this command (ie the profile name or calendar entry). It will also show when the command will be complete. Then if a profile owns the command it will display the rule set in place for this command.

Jeff

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/NewStatusScreen.gif
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Sorry but I find 0.9.15 more flakey than even other recent releases. It has caused 3 soft reset in the past 15 minutes. Unable to make manual profiles work (outside of the first one).
    Can you provide any more details about the resets and the conditions that caused them? I have yet to get this release to cause a reset and I have done some pretty complicated tests. I can't remember if you are running on a 600 or a 650. Would it be possible for you to send me:

ScheduleCareDB
    SC-ProfilesDB
    SC-StrProfilesDB
    KeyBoardDB
    SavedPreferences

That would help me replicate your environment so I can track down these issues.

Jeff
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Quick question. I've kept up on the development of Callfilter for the 650. Is the integration with the 600 or the 650?
    I know it will be available on the 650 port. I have not asked Rob, but I am sure his release will be backward compatible with the 600.

Comment - I use Ringo at this point as my ringtone manager. SC seems to allow all of those preferences if I leave the phone sounds alone. If you don't use ringo, you probably counldn't comment, but it does seem to work this way.
    I do not use that product. What happens exaclty? Are there problems if you change the volume settings or just the tones?

Thought you might like to know that my profiles seem to be executing as they should. My night profile kicked in last night and my day this morning. At this point, a lot is trial and error as I know you're working on the app first and then the documentation.

Look forward to future releases!
    Cool thanks for the feedback!

Jeff
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    Hi Jeff-- I'm also still getting the "Trial Period Expired, please register" followed by a reset with the 0.9.12 release. I've tried to delete all schedulecare associated files, but I have a feeling theres a setting in the preferances database which is causing this. Any suggestions. It's obviously working for some people since there's only a few of us getting the reset probelm.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

John
    That problem sould be fixed in B0.9.15.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Jeff,

could you explain how SC determines what the current states of the keyboard lights and the auto keyboard light mode should be? Currently on my Treo 650, with 0.9.12, it is a bit of a lottery what I get. I test it with two manual profiles, one with auto lights and dimming on, and the other with both explicitly off, and I seem to get auto light on/off rather randomly. In the end I can always get to the desired result by profile start/stop cycling, but this should not be necessary. I also noted that when I have these problems, I often also cannot turn on/off the keyboard manually.
    I think the problem lies in the screen dimming function. What happens if you do *not* turn on dimming? What should happen is this: If you enable keyboard lights, the lights should automatically come on when you hit any key. Then 10 seconds after your last key press, the light should go out. Then the cycle repeats itself on the next key press.

I was using the 650 supplied screen dimming feature. Its the same one the phone application uses. It is *very* unpredictable. So I have re-written this functionality and you will see this fuctin show up in a release or 2.

Great that you now give direct feedback when setting the desired screen brightness in the profiles section, unfortunately that seems to cause SC to reset the brightness to the 50% value when I exit SC. Also the brightness is not changed when you select the control, only when you change its setting. It is probably best not to change when navigating through the screen, but it would be nice if you could already change when the control is selected via the 5-way.
    I thoguht people would like it if I showed a visual indication of the lighting condition as the slider was moved. As soon as you stop controlling the slider, the brightness returns to the level it was before you touched the slider.

The brightness is a bit flaky at the lowest levels, turning on then off again when increasing it from zero, until you finally reach a high enough level. Since this is the exact same behaviour I get when changing brightness via the system while night mode is on, I would guess it is for PalmOne to clean this up.
    I think you are right. I am doing nothing special here. Just the way the brightness works on the 650.

I really like the way the profiles popup has turned out now, it is really easy to use now. I would appreciate if you could make the font giving the current timeout setting larger, for reading in a car.
    I am not sure I have room but if I can fit it in I'll make the change.

I appreciate your feedback!

Jeff
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Jeff,

I have disable keyboard light in the global option settings. And it turns on at night (at least manually, I have not tested timed yet) and it turns off during the day (manual and timed). Which is different from what you shared. I am not sure what is happening.
    I'll look into it. If I understand you right. You are saying that SC is still controlling the KB lights even after you disable Keyboard support in the global options page?

question, can one install 0.9.12 on top of 0.9.11 so as not lose the settings?
    Yes. But I would recommmend disabling both profiles and calendar commands before over writing the older version. Then install the new version. Then go in and re-enable profiles and/or calendar. But if you find that you are having strange problems, I would recommend doing a clearn installation.

question, on a timed event that is in process...everytime that you enter and then leave the app does it re-execute that profile? Which is fine and it seems to do just that.
    Well not after B0.9.12. I do some re-applying of commands still but things like the radio, I do not. I plan on optimizing this behavior in the upcoming releases.

You may want to create a simple logging system to record the time and execution of profiles (have it list say 50 or 100 and then write on top of the oldest).
    Very valid idea and I actually have it on the roadmap. Now that I have split out the hotkey code, I have some more room in the main program to add additional features like this. Up until now, I just had no more room for any more code.

Jeff
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    You can count me in the non-working keyboard lights department. Nothing I can do to enable them via profile, calendar or manualy. Everything else seems to be working nicely tho.

-X
    Found and fixed the problem.

Jeff
    I know it will be available on the 650 port. I have not asked Rob, but I am sure his release will be backward compatible with the 600.

I do not use that product. What happens exaclty? Are there problems if you change the volume settings or just the tones?

Cool thanks for the feedback!

Jeff
    Ringo is a simple ringtone manager in that it integrates fairly well with the existing phone sound settings. I haven't fully tested all scenarios with SC, but ringtones that I have set for groups and individuals seem to ring as expected. Volume seems to be controlled by SC.

Two other issues I've found. When I have SC enabled, it seems to allow the SMS pop-up for messages that are sent from people I have in my contacts, but does not pop-up when I get a scheduled SMS such as a sports score.

The other issue I've experienced is when SC is enabled, and I am using a bluetooth headset, it does not always automatically connect. I'm not sure if there is some conflict within the app causing this, but to test, I completely deleted SC and the connection was fine. This happened whether or not I had bluetooth checked in any profile.
    v9.15
    treo600 verizon

testing:

- Ok the reset immediately upon pressing the sc icon has stopped! thanks

- Now I get a reset every time a timed profile changes the settings. There is a message that comes up for a split seconds saying something like changing treo settings then I get a reset and it keeps looping resetting.

- There is a 30 second delay until the timed profile beep and change settings attempt after a reset

- If I turn off the timed profiles and only have manual profiles:

-- When switching from a profile with radio off to a profile with radio on, the verizon welcome screen (that you see when radio is turning on normally) freezes and stays on. I have to reset and turn off profile manager in sc to do anything.
    What does everyone think of this as a powerup status screen?

I plan on having it timeout after 15 seconds unless you touch the screen. Then if you touch the screen you will be allowed to 5-way or pen touch around the screen. As you touch or move the 5-way over an icon, it will report who "owns" this command (ie the profile name or calendar entry). It will also show when the command will be complete. Then if a profile owns the command it will display the rule set in place for this command.
    Looks nice. Only thing I might add to that screen would be a "Stop" button. Possibly a large square (fingerable) button in the empty space to the richt of Sys and Game vols.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Ringo is a simple ringtone manager in that it integrates fairly well with the existing phone sound settings. I haven't fully tested all scenarios with SC, but ringtones that I have set for groups and individuals seem to ring as expected. Volume seems to be controlled by SC.
    So all sounds fine. Right?

Two other issues I've found. When I have SC enabled, it seems to allow the SMS pop-up for messages that are sent from people I have in my contacts, but does not pop-up when I get a scheduled SMS such as a sports score.
    SC is doing nothing to stop messages from being delivered unless you are on the phone and you have the message blocking option enabled. Otherwise, it is not trapping the actual delivery of messages.

The other issue I've experienced is when SC is enabled, and I am using a bluetooth headset, it does not always automatically connect. I'm not sure if there is some conflict within the app causing this, but to test, I completely deleted SC and the connection was fine. This happened whether or not I had bluetooth checked in any profile.
    Interesting. I am doing nothing in the code to prevent the connection of a headset. The BlueTooth option only turns on/off the BlueTooth radio.

Sounds like you *may* be having other utilities causing these behaviors. Not sure, but I just can't see how SC would be causing the SMS and BT issues you are having.

Jeff
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    v9.15
    treo600 verizon

testing:

- Ok the reset immediately upon pressing the sc icon has stopped! thanks
    Good !

- Now I get a reset every time a timed profile changes the settings. There is a message that comes up for a split seconds saying something like changing treo settings then I get a reset and it keeps looping resetting.
    I will have to do more testing on the 600 then. Thanks for the heads up.

- There is a 30 second delay until the timed profile beep and change settings attempt after a reset
    Yes this is what should happen. SC waits for 30 seconds after a reset before it enables itself. This is so you can disable SC if something bad is happening.

- If I turn off the timed profiles and only have manual profiles:

-- When switching from a profile with radio off to a profile with radio on, the verizon welcome screen (that you see when radio is turning on normally) freezes and stays on. I have to reset and turn off profile manager in sc to do anything.
    I sometimes saw this type of behavior on my 600 when I manually cycled my radio. I will do testing in this area as well on the 600 to see if I can find the cause.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff