View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    After using for the day. I had to uninstall due to lack of stability. I had one reset (during use of appl). Additionally, as I move the display brightness sliders on the day or night profiles...the brightness changes...but as soon as I let go of the slider the brightness returns to a new level (not correlated to the slider position).
  2.    #262  
    New build!

This one addresses most if not all of the issues that were posted re: B0.9.9.

Caviots:

* Do not use the auto dimming feature for now. After the ROM update, that function does not work like it did prior to the ROM update. I am going to just write this code myself rather than using the operating system feature.

* I need to optimize the execution of profile commands. Right now the entire profile will re-apply when you make any change to the profile. I plan to streamline this operation but for now it does apply the right commands.

Jeff
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    After using for the day. I had to uninstall due to lack of stability. I had one reset (during use of appl).
    I found and fixed 3 memory leaks that were causing this problem.

Additionally, as I move the display brightness sliders on the day or night profiles...the brightness changes...but as soon as I let go of the slider the brightness returns to a new level (not correlated to the slider position).
    This is *exactly* how it should work (or it is how I coded it rather). My thoughts here were that you don't really want to perminatly set the brightness with this control but rather see what the brightness will be when this profile executes. So as long as you have the pen down on the control the brightness will stay at the level you want this profile to apply when it executes. But as soon as you take the pen off of the slider control, the brightness will return to the level it was when you entered this window. You don't really want SC to leave the brightness at the slider level at now do you? You are just editing the charateristics of the profile. Thoughts??????

Jeff
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Latest version 0.9.9 is very unstable.

I keep getting looping resets every time a profile changes.

Reverted to 0.9.6
    Fixed in 0.9.11 (fingers crossed)

Some things in 0.9.6 to add:

- Phone radio turns off every time a profile changes. Can you test to see if you override a profile and the new profile has the same radio setting or radio setting no change --- to not turn off and then on the radio? Also if you stop a profile and the then current new profile has the same radio setting or no radio change ---, then do not turn off and on the radio while changing.
    This is planned. 0.9.11 will do some of this but I need to do a better job of detecting active commands and maintain state.

- Could you add a phone ringtone option to set the roaming ringtone in sounds\phone\tone manager in addition to the current options for known and unknown caller tones?
    This will have to be a future for right now. To implement this would cause a significant amount of work. Is this really important to you? How often would you ues it and are there others out there that need this?

- Is there a way if you set sounds\mute on can you selectively enable sounds on individual items like the phone sound only and leave all others muted?
    Well yes. This is in the product today. If you slide a sound type slider all the way to the left it will mute that sound type. Now the only caviot here is that this process only sets the default volume level for that sound type to 0. It is possible for 3rd party applictions to bypass this setting and apply their own volume level. On a sound to sound type basis, there is not very much I can do to stop applications for doing this. But what I have provided is the ability to silence *all* sounds. This option is just like sliding the hardware mute switch on the top of the Treo but I am doing it in software. I would say that 99.9999% of the applications out there will not be able to bypass this setting.

Hope this helps.....

Jeff
    I am thinking, personally, you want the profile to simulate the actual environment that will occur when the profile executes....why? So you can see what it looks/acts like....my thoughts. Ask others, obviously.
    Regarding the roaming phone tone, actually I travel all over the world so not being able to set this would create management issues where I need to set roaming tones thru the palm os prefs apps and every other thing using schedulecare. If it can be done, great and thanks, if not, life moves on...

Also, when you are in the hotkey profile manager screen and there is an active manually set profile, could you have the stop key bring you out of profile manager and back to whatever app you were in when you hotkeyed? This way it is one press processing. Currently you need to press stop key then continue key to get out of manager, but intuitively if you want to stop a profile, you should be done with the manager at that time.
    I'll be as specific as possible because I think I must be doing something wrong.

Two profiles:
    1. Day - Timed(6AM - 11PM), all sounds set, backlight toward the high end, auto off 53 seconds, auto keyboard lights on, nothing for auto dimming (per your post) or day/night mode, radio on, bluetooth on, no other options checked.
    2. Silent - manual, sounds muted, auto off at 27 sec, brightness toward the low end, radio on, bluetooth off, no other options checked.

Global Options are set to 1 vibrate, disable alerts during phone call and hotkey switching.

The good - Like the pop-ups telling me that profiles are executing. Also very stable so far and all issues raised in previous post have been addressed.

1. Day profile executes all commands as expected
    2. Press hotkey and manually override the day profile with the silent
    3. Silent profile executes completely
    4. Press hotkey to stop silent and go back to day
    5. Silent continues to run
    I know this has to do with my nested profiles setting. What I don't understand is if I don't allow nested profiles for both, why does the silent manual profile execute fully, but when I stop it, it is not overridden by the timed day profile?

If I change my silent profile to allow nested, it allows the day profile to kick back in. If I check nested in both profiles, same thing happens. If I allow nested in the day profile, but not in the silent, the silent is not overridden.

If that is the way it is intended to work, then I understand. But my bluetooth setting is puzzling me. I want bluetooth to turn off with my silent profile and turn on with my day profile. If I allow nested profiles in my silent profile, bluetooth turns on with the execution of the day profile. But it does not turn off with the execution of the silent profile.

Other than that (and again, this may be my misunderstanding of the functionality), it seems to be working great!
    I just installed v0.9.11 and I can't even get into schedule care the first time without the t600 immediately resetting.

I uninstalled v0.9.9 first and tried resetting after installing 9.11 but it is unusable right now.
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Regarding the roaming phone tone, actually I travel all over the world so not being able to set this would create management issues where I need to set roaming tones thru the palm os prefs apps and every other thing using schedulecare. If it can be done, great and thanks, if not, life moves on...
    Does SC cause this setting to be destroyed if you manually enter it? That is definitely a problem if that happens. Just because SC does not control this setting, it shoudl allow you to make changes manually.

Also, when you are in the hotkey profile manager screen and there is an active manually set profile, could you have the stop key bring you out of profile manager and back to whatever app you were in when you hotkeyed? This way it is one press processing. Currently you need to press stop key then continue key to get out of manager, but intuitively if you want to stop a profile, you should be done with the manager at that time.
    This is at least the second request for this behavior. It actually makes my life easier! So I will implement this in the next release or 2. Thanks for your input.

Jeff
    Same problem (almost) as rengelman. Immediate reboot on install (0.9.11) over previous version (0.9.9), but "Trial period has expired" then reboot on clean install.

Just started testing this tuesday (had heard good things, but didn't have time) and I still think I'll continue to use BrightCam for my light settings since time of day doesn't always equal screen brightness or need for keyboard backlight in my case. If I leave all the display functionality at no change I suppose brightcam will continue to operate normally? Any other integration risk betwen Schedulecare and brightcam. (I do not use any of BC's sound control functionality)

Thanks for your diligent efforts to finally give us a robust profilie capability for the Treo (I'm using a 600 by the way-- in case that matters for my issue above.

John
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    I'll be as specific as possible because I think I must be doing something wrong.

Two profiles:
    1. Day - Timed(6AM - 11PM), all sounds set, backlight toward the high end, auto off 53 seconds, auto keyboard lights on, nothing for auto dimming (per your post) or day/night mode, radio on, bluetooth on, no other options checked.
    2. Silent - manual, sounds muted, auto off at 27 sec, brightness toward the low end, radio on, bluetooth off, no other options checked.

Global Options are set to 1 vibrate, disable alerts during phone call and hotkey switching.

The good - Like the pop-ups telling me that profiles are executing. Also very stable so far and all issues raised in previous post have been addressed.

1. Day profile executes all commands as expected
    2. Press hotkey and manually override the day profile with the silent
    3. Silent profile executes completely
    4. Press hotkey to stop silent and go back to day
    5. Silent continues to run
    I know this has to do with my nested profiles setting. What I don't understand is if I don't allow nested profiles for both, why does the silent manual profile execute fully, but when I stop it, it is not overridden by the timed day profile?

If I change my silent profile to allow nested, it allows the day profile to kick back in. If I check nested in both profiles, same thing happens. If I allow nested in the day profile, but not in the silent, the silent is not overridden.

If that is the way it is intended to work, then I understand. But my bluetooth setting is puzzling me. I want bluetooth to turn off with my silent profile and turn on with my day profile. If I allow nested profiles in my silent profile, bluetooth turns on with the execution of the day profile. But it does not turn off with the execution of the silent profile.

Other than that (and again, this may be my misunderstanding of the functionality), it seems to be working great!
    I thin the root of our problems lie in having BT as a part of these profiles. This command is causing many problems. The reason is because there is *no* published API to control the state of the BT radio. So to control the state of the radio, SC needs to manually execute the BT preferences application and send keystrokes to the application to move the 5-way focus to either the on or off button. Then it uses the center button to perform the action. Well What happens in a manual profile is that if there is another manual profile active, it must first stop it. Well in stopping the profile, if there is a BT command active control will pass to the BT application and then can never return to SC again. So I have coded SC to make toggling BT the last thing it does but manual profiles brought in a need to have control after BT is done and I think this is the problem you are running into.

Can you test this for me? Remove the BT references from each profile and see if you still get the same behavior?

Jeff
    as soon as I set up a profile in 0.9.11 it did a soft reset as I was leaving the app (fatal exception on unknown app)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I thin the root of our problems lie in having BT as a part of these profiles. This command is causing many problems. The reason is because there is *no* published API to control the state of the BT radio. So to control the state of the radio, SC needs to manually execute the BT preferences application and send keystrokes to the application to move the 5-way focus to either the on or off button. Then it uses the center button to perform the action. Well What happens in a manual profile is that if there is another manual profile active, it must first stop it. Well in stopping the profile, if there is a BT command active control will pass to the BT application and then can never return to SC again. So I have coded SC to make toggling BT the last thing it does but manual profiles brought in a need to have control after BT is done and I think this is the problem you are running into.

Can you test this for me? Remove the BT references from each profile and see if you still get the same behavior?

Jeff
    Seems to work just fine.
    I now have two timed profiles and the one manual profile. Going to see how things run and I'll feedback any more issues.

This is fantastic and will be unbelieveable when integrated with CallFilter and Today!

Thanks so much!
    I notice, via manual execution of a day profile...where the keyboard light is set to turn off that the keyboard briefly turns off then turns on until screen is turned off then turned on...then the keyboard light is off. Small issue.

fyi, I reinstalled the app again and got a soft reset (in addition to the one mentioned above). None since.
    I notice when I turn off the enable keyboard light in the global options. The issue goes away. The keyboard light seems to have some flakey elements to it.
  16.    #276  
    Nightly new release posted.

In this release I completely re-wrote the command nesting logic. I feel very good about SC's ability to correctly handle the right commands at the right times. I am also pretty sure that there are some wacky sequence that someone will find that I need to fix. But all in all SC is now doing what it should be doing.

If this proves to be true, I will be moving on to the reset of the todo items.

Jeff
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Seems to work just fine.
    I now have two timed profiles and the one manual profile. Going to see how things run and I'll feedback any more issues.
    Cool thanks. It is starting to come together now. Just a few lingering bugs.

This is fantastic and will be unbelieveable when integrated with CallFilter and Today!

Thanks so much!
    I talked to the developer of CallFilter last night and his integration is almost complete! 2Day will be right behind it.

Jeff
  18.    #278  
    I notice, via manual execution of a day profile...where the keyboard light is set to turn off that the keyboard briefly turns off then turns on until screen is turned off then turned on...then the keyboard light is off. Small issue.

fyi, I reinstalled the app again and got a soft reset (in addition to the one mentioned above). None since.
    I have not seen this behavior. How are your profiles configured so I can better try to reproduce and fix? Or as an alternative, if you could send me the following files when you *see* the keyboard lights in a state that you think is wrong:

KeyboardDB
    SC-ProfilesDB
    SC-StrProfilesDB
    ScheduleCareDB

From these files I can do some debugging and pin down the issue pretty quickly.

Jeff
  19.    #279  
    I notice when I turn off the enable keyboard light in the global options. The issue goes away. The keyboard light seems to have some flakey elements to it.
    Well when you disable the global option in the Options screen, you disable all keyboard control inside of SC. By doing this, your keyboard lights should stay on all the time.

Jeff
    I still can't start schedulecare v0.9.12 from the apps list. It immediately resets everytime I press the schedulecare icon.

This started with v.0.9.11.

I have deleted the app before installing the new app.

Not sure if this is a problem because some sc files left in palm memory from prior versions or because it is not tested with t600 or what.

It is unusable at this point. So please let me know any thoughts you have as to how to get the constant resetting to stop.

Thanks.