View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    I am using your newest beta to soft reset my 650 every night at 2:30am...since the machine seems to run for 24-30 hours before it wants to soft reset. Idea is to hopefully cut down on random resets. Thoughts???

Jeff, As well upon existing from the global change section of the program...it did reset...I got no error (ie #*377)....any potential thoughts???

I can see many sugggesting lots of best practice ideas on how to use...thanks for your inventiveness and hard work.
    I'm not sure what version I was running, but it was downloaded last night from mytreo.net. I was running it with the default configuration profiles. I hadn't customized anything yet.

Rich

P.S. As you probably know, your website was down last night.
  3.    #243  
    New build posted. Fixes many problems with profiles not executing the commands you have told it to. Still a little more to do but this is a major step in the right direction.

Jeff
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    I am using your newest beta to soft reset my 650 every night at 2:30am...since the machine seems to run for 24-30 hours before it wants to soft reset. Idea is to hopefully cut down on random resets. Thoughts???

Jeff, As well upon existing from the global change section of the program...it did reset...I got no error (ie #*377)....any potential thoughts???

I can see many sugggesting lots of best practice ideas on how to use...thanks for your inventiveness and hard work.
    I will look into it. Many things happening in realtime right now. The build I jut posted may very well fix the problem with the crash coming out of Global.

Jeff
    testing v0.9.6 now.

Nice job! Much more stable and cleaner interface for overrides.

The only thing that is a little less intuitive on the profile override screen is that you need to change the time of the override (below) first, then press the override profile next (above) but still ok once you get to understand that. Probably worth the ability to on press override unlimited.

No problems now on switching to different profiles or resetting and the radio switching.

You're almost there.

One suggestion (I'm sure more to come) - can you move the Change Alert from the global options to the profile options (or ability to override the change alerts for a given profile definition)? That way we could turn off the vibrate and beep notice when having timed switched profiles in the middle of the night. I would drive this definition from the new switched to profile so you can decide if you have a day and night profile, when switching to night, not to sound any switch alerts.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    testing v0.9.6 now.

Nice job! Much more stable and cleaner interface for overrides.
    Cool! There is still a problem with overlapping calendar commands and profile commands but I will work that one out tonight.

The only thing that is a little less intuitive on the profile override screen is that you need to change the time of the override (below) first, then press the override profile next (above) but still ok once you get to understand that. Probably worth the ability to on press override unlimited.
    Well the design I implemented was what many people asked for. Most people were saying that they wanted a very fast way to execute a manual profile. Duration was something people said was not important to them. They wanted the manual profile to stay in effect until they stopped it. So What I implemented was a one touch profile execution. I also gave everyone the ability to adjust the duration of the profile but you need to do this *before* you select the profile you want to execute. You also do not have to first stop a manual profile before starting a new one but I did provide the ability to stop the running manual profile and exit without starting a new one. I am open to suggestions but I thought this is what most people were asking for.

No problems now on switching to different profiles or resetting and the radio switching.

You're almost there.
    Very nice!

One suggestion (I'm sure more to come) - can you move the Change Alert from the global options to the profile options (or ability to override the change alerts for a given profile definition)? That way we could turn off the vibrate and beep notice when having timed switched profiles in the middle of the night. I would drive this definition from the new switched to profile so you can decide if you have a day and night profile, when switching to night, not to sound any switch alerts.
    I understand. I will probably leave the global options there and add similar controls to each profile configuration to *override* the global settings. This way calendar commands can still use the global settings. Sound OK?

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff,

Question on a single execution like a soft reset....does the end time mean anything?
    ScheduleCare build 0.9.6 Problem Report.
    My SC Configuration:

All settings below are for items with a value set. Nothing "---" is listed.

Global Options:

1 Vib, Single Beep
    Disable Alarms during calls
    Hot Keys Enabled

4 Profiles as follows:

Day: Manual & Timed (6:30a 6:30p S-S)
    Screen Bright
    Key Lights Off
    Autodim Off
    AutoOff 120 sec
    All Volumes Maxed
    No Vib SWON / Vib SWOFF
    Nested & Cal Allowed, Clean start checked

Night: Manual & Timed (6:30p 6:30a S-S)
    Screen Low
    Key Lights On
    Autodim On
    AutoOff 60 sec
    All Volumes Low (not off)
    No Vib SWON / Vib SWOFF

Work: Manual & Timed (9:00a 5:00p M-F)
    All Volumes Med
    No Vib SWON / Vib SWOFF

Movie: Manual Only
    Screen Very Low
    Key Lights On
    Autodim On
    AutoOff 30 Sec
    All Volumes Off
    Vib SWON / Vib SWOFF

Problem 1: Profile settings not applied - Repeatable
    This is an interesting one. At time of testing, there are two timed profiles already in effect and I am selecting a third, manual profile.

Test conditions: Day In Effect + Work in Effect.
    I select Movie profile from manual select screen. Key lights activate(good) screen does not dim (bad) Autodim not enabled (bad), Auto off remains at 120 sec (bad), No Beep/Vib confirmation (bad)

I stop movie profile, Beep and Vib Confirmation occur and all settings are restored to proper Day + Work config.

I manually select 30 min duration and the Movie. Beep/Vib confirmation occur, Screen Dims to very low (good) Key lights active(good), Autodim not active (bad but possibly to to very low setting to begin with never dims to off however possible does at same instant as auto off) AutoOff at 30 secs (good).

I stop Movie, Hit Close (why do I need to ?) Beep/Vib confirmation occurs, All settings are correct for Day + Work.

Problem 2: Duration issue only once after install
    After installing 0.9.6 over 0.9.4 this morning (8:30ish Am), I tested a manual select of night profile while day was in effect. I selected +30 and noticed the active until was showing about 12 hrs into the future (8:40ish Pm). I used the -30 to go backwards through time until I had gone to a time earlier than current time. (This should be trapped) Then went +30 forward to about hr later than current time and selected the night profile. All setting were properly applied and the profile ended on schedule without issue.

Subsequent testing has not shown this problem. +30 now always shows the correct time (now + 30) on the first press and going back with -30 results in the Midnight button when I reach the current time.
    Looks like the duration mvars need to be initialized once after install.

Problem 3: Volume slider
    The volume sliders for everything above the system sounds, seem to only have 7 steps where system, game and alarm have many more. Is this by design ?

Modification Requests:
    On Sound tab of profile config, 5-way nav left from upper left should select mute all button. It Currently does nothing if already on the phone icon.

On manual profile select screen, when stopping a manual profile, assume Close when stop is pressed.

-X

Last edited by Xathros; 03/21/2005 at 10:52 AM.
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    ScheduleCare build 0.9.6 Problem Report.

Problem 1: Profile settings not applied - Repeatable

This is an interesting one. At time of testing, there are two timed profiles already in effect and I am selecting a third, manual profile.

Test conditions: Day In Effect + Work in Effect.

I select Movie profile from manual select screen. Key lights activate(good) screen does not dim (bad) Autodim not enabled (bad), Auto off remains at 120 sec (bad), No Beep/Vib confirmation (bad)
    I stop movie profile, Beep and Vib Confirmation occur and all settings are restored to proper Day + Work config.
    I manually select 30 min duration and the Movie. Beep/Vib confirmation occur, Screen Dims to very low (good) Key lights active(good), Autodim not active (bad but possibly to to very low setting to begin with never dims to off however possible does at same instant as auto off) AutoOff at 30 secs (good).
    I stop Movie, Hit Close (why do I need to ?) Beep/Vib confirmation occurs, All settings are correct for Day + Work.
    I think this behavior is due to the way I handle some of the commands. I will be adding a "no change" option to: Keyboard light, Auto Dimming, Day/night and Muting. These commands when included in multiple nested profiles produces unexpected results. Will work on that tonight and tomorrow.

Problem 2: Duration issue only once after install

After installing 0.9.6 over 0.9.4 this morning (8:30ish Am), I tested a manual select of night profile while day was in effect. I selected +30 and noticed the active until was showing about 12 hrs into the future (8:40ish Pm). I used the -30 to go backwards through time until I had gone to a time earlier than current time. (This should be trapped) Then went +30 forward to about hr later than current time and selected the night profile. All setting were properly applied and the profile ended on schedule without issue.
    Subsequent testing has not shown this problem. +30 now always shows the correct time (now + 30) on the first press and going back with -30 results in the Midnight button when I reach the current time.
    Looks like the duration mvars need to be initialized once after install.
    I will look into this. Have not seen it yet in developement testing. What do you think of showing the number of minutes of duration rather than the time of day? I was also thinking that I should maybe give the ability to come into this screen and increase/decrease the timeout value as the profile is active? Thoughts???

Problem 3: Volume slider
    The volume sliders for everything above the system sounds, seem to only have 7 steps where system, game and alarm have many more. Is this by design ?
    That is correct! The range of values allowed by the Palm OS for the first 6 sound types range from 0 to 7. The valid range of values for System, Game and Alarm range from 0 to 64. So yes you have greater control over these sounds. This is actually a benefit the SC brings to the table since the Prefs app only allows for the selection of 4 volume levels for System, Game and Alarm sounds! SC allows you to fine tune the volume for these sound types.

Modification Requests:
    On Sound tab of profile config, 5-way nav left from upper left should select mute all button. It Currently does nothing if already on the phone icon.
    OK. Should a left 5-way from any sound Icon take you to the mute button? I will only have one choice though on the return from the Mute button. It will have to go to one of 4 fixed places (one for left, another for right, up and down). Where do you think it should go?

On manual profile select screen, when stopping a manual profile, assume Close when stop is pressed.
    OK so the Close button should get the focus - right?

Jeff
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Thanks Jeff,

Question on a single execution like a soft reset....does the end time mean anything?
    No these are ONE time events. The end time is meaningless.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    [/left]
    I think this behavior is due to the way I handle some of the commands. I will be adding a "no change" option to: Keyboard light, Auto Dimming, Day/night and Muting. These commands when included in multiple nested profiles produces unexpected results. Will work on that tonight and tomorrow.
    Well, I thought it was odd that it works with a duration but not when unlimited.

I will look into this. Have not seen it yet in developement testing. What do you think of showing the number of minutes of duration rather than the time of day? I was also thinking that I should maybe give the ability to come into this screen and increase/decrease the timeout value as the profile is active? Thoughts???
    Sure - that would be good.

That is correct! The range of values allowed by the Palm OS for the first 6 sound types range from 0 to 7. The valid range of values for System, Game and Alarm range from 0 to 64. So yes you have greater control over these sounds. This is actually a benefit the SC brings to the table since the Prefs app only allows for the selection of 4 volume levels for System, Game and Alarm sounds! SC allows you to fine tune the volume for these sound types.
    OK - Just seemed odd.

OK. Should a left 5-way from any sound Icon take you to the mute button? I will only have one choice though on the return from the Mute button. It will have to go to one of 4 fixed places (one for left, another for right, up and down). Where do you think it should go?
    Was thinking that since it's at the end of the current rotation (if you just keep going right) that a left from the phone icon should move backwards to the mute thus making it easy to get to from the top left. That said, your idea of going there from the tone icons may be a better idea but may also confuse navigation. Not sure.

OK so the Close button should get the focus - right?
    No. When I stop a profile, I should only need to hit stop and the dialog should be dismissed. Currently I need to hit stop then close.

-X

Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  12.    #252  
    New build addresses several of the "Why did it do that" situations.

Other additions:

* Added new UI controls to the Display window. Will complete this new design with the System window next.

Todo's:

* Build in 5-way support in all screens
    * Add help screens
    * Add an optional power-on status screen
    * Add LED notificaiton support
    * Allow for duration changes to active Manual profiles
    * Add Time/Timezone commands???? Would this be helpful to travelers?
    * Add BT device detection profile type
    * Perform detailed Treo 600 testing
    * Write documentation
    * Complete work with CallFilter and 2Day developers. Any other integrations people want/need?
    * Add Wallpaper support. Still need to find the solution here. 80% ther but there are differences between T600 and T650 here. Which is more important if you had to choose?
    * Add "always on" when power is detected functionality.
    * WHAT AM I MISSING??????

Jeff
    I just found what I think is a bug. The keyboard does not light up. When uninstalled it works fine. When I enter the program it turns on momentarily. I have toggled the enable keyboard light under global setting...same result no matter what. I have Poweron installed...but nothing else that I can think of to cause the problem (and again when it is uninstalled everything keyboard lights as it should).

Unlocked GSM treo 650 firmware 1.14 software 1.05-ROW
    BT device detection would be cool...specific so that I don't have to rediscovery with my Jabra BT250 (which means the ability to auto insert the passcode...in that case 0000).

As well, I just noticed that enable keyboard light does not work (from what I can tell)
    Last comment for the evening...I did also notice this was a problem (keyboard light) in 0.96 as well
    Well a few more comments.....1) the autooff is hard to adjust (allow manual entry of number or use the 5way with 1sec incr...same on any other sliders), 2) I don't understand all the icons yet...but when set in day/night mode to night mode (half sun/half dark)...I notice the top slider (screen brightness) does not work (there is a temp override, but when you let go, it goes back to a dimmer screen...something around 40% brightness)...this just may be a doc issue.

AGain, this a great product idea...hopefully these changes are straightforward in resolving...I can see over time a v3 and v4 with every more functionality. Good work Jeff.
    Maybe it is not a keyboard light bug...not sure is not intutive to figure out. Again, a maunal will help...you may want to still check into it...I will play with more and see. I figured out about turning the keyboard light on on the intro screen and then unchecking the enable keyboard light control...seems to be working.

Sorry for all the ramble...guess its late.
    Latest version 0.9.9 is very unstable.

I keep getting looping resets every time a profile changes.

Reverted to 0.9.6

Some things in 0.9.6 to add:

- Phone radio turns off every time a profile changes. Can you test to see if you override a profile and the new profile has the same radio setting or radio setting no change --- to not turn off and then on the radio? Also if you stop a profile and the then current new profile has the same radio setting or no radio change ---, then do not turn off and on the radio while changing.

- Could you add a phone ringtone option to set the roaming ringtone in sounds\phone\tone manager in addition to the current options for known and unknown caller tones?

- Is there a way if you set sounds\mute on can you selectively enable sounds on individual items like the phone sound only and leave all others muted?
    I'm having better luck with 9.9 than with the other builds. I do experience the radio on/off issue that is described by rengelman. The other issues:

If I choose day, it switches to night. If I choose night, it switches to day. So for my day profile, I tried to choose the "night" option, knowing that it would switch to day, but it caused a reset.

The other issue is when I choose bluetooth on or off, it changes it to -----. For some reason, it's just not sticking.

Other than that, seems to be working a bit better. There are occassional glitches with backlighting (I have a bright option, but my screen remains dark - I can't pinpoint what causes it.

Getting there!
    Agree about the night/day issue. As well, I am not sure the day/night setting are working. I set day pretty much like one of the other Beta users (6:30AM shift)...I came in the morning and it had not shifted...it still had night settings????