View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

    7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

    13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

    2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

    2 8.33%
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 738
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Have not heard of this yet. What are your sound settings set to? Very strange that just loading SC would make htis heppen.

    It may be that Agendus is using some other sound type than "calendar"?

    Jeff
    When I had SC not working (after deleting the old version, and installing the 9ner build, but before doing the soft reset), also the alarm set in Word Clock did not go off! It really looked like all alarm functions were disabled. After the soft-reset, everything is working fine again.
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Those symbols represent the vibrate status for that sound type. The third column controls vibrate status when you have the hardware sound switch set in the ON position. The 4th column controls vibrate status for that sound type when the hardware sound switch is in the OFF position.

    The '---' symbol says make no changes, the speaker says to turn on vibrate and the speaker with the red cicle through it turns off vibrate.

    Does this help?

    Jeff
    In a word, No.

    I thought that is what was going on but I can't seem to get the phone to stop ringing AND no vibrate. I have both the third and the forth column set to the speaker with a line through it and that kills the vibrate for both hard switch positions. But it does not stop the phone from ringing.

    I've tried what I think is every different setting for the long volume line from all the way down to dotted lines, but the phone keeps ringing.

    What is the exact setting I need to stop all sound and all vibration for a particular item like the phone?

    I'm a pastor and flashbacks of having my phone go off during a funeral sermon still wake me in the middle of the night.

    I notice that when I press the "Mute all" button on the right, you will mark every icon on the left with a line through it. Is there a way to pick individually and separately the items to mute completely?

    Thanks, Jeff.
  3. #223  
    Awerry-

    Once you configure the profile with the options you want, you then have to activate the profile before those setting become effective.

    On the profle Manager screen, make sure your profile is enabled. Make sure manual is selected as well as timed (if you want it on a schedule). If it's also a timed profile, make sure the days and begin/end times are set for your needs.

    On the main Schedule Care screen, make sure the profiles are enabled. Look in Global Options and set a HotKey combination for Profile Switching.

    Exit Schedule care and bring up the profile selector with the hotkey that you assigned.

    Select your profile and set a duration.

    Now all of your setting should be in place and active for the duration of the profile.

    Hope this helps

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I don't understand your request. What you are describing is how the keyboard lights have been designed to behave. You can always create a profile that is always active that has nothing but a keyboard command in it. will that do what you are asking?
    As I understand it, there is only one keyboard related control in SC Profiles: enable/disable auto keyboard light mode. If I have auto keyboard lights enabled, then I obviously want the default state of the lights to be off, and have SC turn them on whenever I touch a key. If the auto key mode is off, there are two possible preferences for a user: either on or off. Currently, you always use off when stopping a profile. My suggestion is to use the preference entered into SC instead. But pressing the hot key to reenable the keyboard again is not too bad, and I have an impression this is one of those things where we would need several weeks of actual usage to find out what the best solution would be.

    I created a profile called "Nothing" for testing, which does nothing. I observed that after turning on this profile and then off again, suddenly the autodim feature got active! To disable it again, I turned on/off another profile with the autodim. I hope that will be fixed with the remaining autodim issues as well.

    Another easy navigation catch: In the calendar manager, in the description of the !SC! commands, the "K" is skipped over with the 5-way.

    In the display auto off setting, you currently provide a choice from 0.5 to 7 minutes in 30 second intervals. I would change that to a logarithmic scale, and use something like 30s, 1m, 1m30s, 2m, 2m30s, 3m, 4m, 5m, 7m30s, 10m. Also I would like to see an option that would keep the screen on forever, provided the Treo is on external power.
  5. #225  
    Xathros

    I've done all that... I know my settings are at least partially taking effect because the vibration settings change based on my profile when I activate it.

    I even uninstalled and reinstalled SC to see if that would help.
  6. #226  
    Awerry-

    Sorry, from your previous post it sounded as though you hadn't executed the profile.

    I have duplicated your problem and can confirm this as a bug.

    I have also retested the calendar command !scA0! and have determined that it still works. So, if you need the functionality, you can create an entry in you calendar to silence the ringer and other sounds during the required timeframe. Just make sure that you allow calendar commands to override any profile tht may be active at the same time.

    HTH

    -Xathros
    Last edited by Xathros; 03/19/2005 at 01:59 PM.
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  7.    #227  
    New build is available!

    This build has:

    * New Manual Profile Process
    * Tool Tips for the Sound Tab
    * Fixes for the keyboard state inside of ScheduleCare
    * Fixes for autodimming

    Jeff
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    In a word, No.

    I thought that is what was going on but I can't seem to get the phone to stop ringing AND no vibrate. I have both the third and the forth column set to the speaker with a line through it and that kills the vibrate for both hard switch positions. But it does not stop the phone from ringing.

    I've tried what I think is every different setting for the long volume line from all the way down to dotted lines, but the phone keeps ringing.

    What is the exact setting I need to stop all sound and all vibration for a particular item like the phone?

    I'm a pastor and flashbacks of having my phone go off during a funeral sermon still wake me in the middle of the night.

    I notice that when I press the "Mute all" button on the right, you will mark every icon on the left with a line through it. Is there a way to pick individually and separately the items to mute completely?

    Thanks, Jeff.
    OK let me take a stab at this one again.

    To stop all sounds and vibration for a particular sound you need to:

    1) Have the slider control visible and the pointer all the way to the left
    2) Have both vibrate symbols that have the red circle visible

    This will mute the sound for that particular sound type. Now it *is* possible for sounds to continue to be heard even after doing this configuration. This is because 3rd party applications can bypass the condition that you just setup. Unlikely with the phone but with the other sounds this is very possible. Now I have provided the Mute All option that will *stop* 99.9999% of all sounds. It is very similar to sliding the hardware sound switch on top of your Treo but I do it in software. I would recommend using this option if you *must* have all sounds silenced.

    I hope this helps and I am sorry that I do not have these things documented yet.

    Jeff
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    To stop all sounds and vibration for a particular sound you need to:

    1) Have the slider control visible and the pointer all the way to the left
    2) Have both vibrate symbols that have the red circle visible

    This will mute the sound for that particular sound type. Now it *is* possible for sounds to continue to be heard even after doing this configuration.

    Jeff
    OK... this is weird. I tried that very configuration several times over a day or two and it wouldn't work with the built in phone app. Now it seems to be working as advertized.

    Thanks for the help, Jeff
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    OK... this is weird. I tried that very configuration several times over a day or two and it wouldn't work with the built in phone app. Now it seems to be working as advertized.

    Thanks for the help, Jeff
    No problem. Its a beta program.. Things are supposed to work wierd for a while.

    Jeff
  11.    #231  
    Fixed several issues with commands not executing correctly.

    Added notification of when profiles/calendar commands are being executed. All but LED alters have been implemented.

    Jeff
  12. #232  
    The new profile manager looks promising. A few remarks:

    - OK always selects the top displayed profile, and does exactly the same as the pressing the top profile button directly. This got me a few times when I pressed OK in the expectation of simply closing the dialog after stopping a profile. I would remove the OK button, rename cancel to close, and only dynamically display the stop button when needed. That would reduce my confusion and make the dialog easier to use.

    - The stop button needs some debouncing, I had it a few times now that SC would stop the profile, and then immediately start the top profile instead. It seems to be related to prior 5-way action before pressing stop (?).

    - When selecting a profile via the 5-way button, it always selects the top profile, instead of the selected one. The other buttons work correctly.

    - The active until midmight option is gone. I hope you are providing an alternative way to stop manual profiles surprising me because I forgot the one I set yesterday! I would suggest a global option to always stop manual profiles at 3am (my best guess when most everybody will be in bed).

    Also with the 0.94 release, I have so far not seen any odd behaviour with alarms, and also autodim looks fixed so far! Great!
  13. #233  
    Have not heard of this yet. What are your sound settings set to? Very strange that just loading SC would make htis heppen.

    It may be that Agendus is using some other sound type than "calendar"?

    _______________________________________________________________
    Actually, the problem was a bit more unexplainable. ALL of my alerts were suppressed. For example, I would receive a new sms and the message would come thorugh, but I wouldn't be alerted - at all. I deleted Agendus to see if that was the problem and it was still happening. Deleted SC and it was back to normal.

    I had two profiles set up - both timed. One was day (sound settings all set to something other than 0) and the other night (sound settings all muted).

    In any case, I'll try the new build and see if it works. I also went back to datebook5 - not that it should make a difference.

    Anyway, will report any issues.
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    The new profile manager looks promising. A few remarks:

    - OK always selects the top displayed profile, and does exactly the same as the pressing the top profile button directly. This got me a few times when I pressed OK in the expectation of simply closing the dialog after stopping a profile. I would remove the OK button, rename cancel to close, and only dynamically display the stop button when needed. That would reduce my confusion and make the dialog easier to use.

    - The stop button needs some debouncing, I had it a few times now that SC would stop the profile, and then immediately start the top profile instead. It seems to be related to prior 5-way action before pressing stop (?).

    - When selecting a profile via the 5-way button, it always selects the top profile, instead of the selected one. The other buttons work correctly.

    - The active until midmight option is gone. I hope you are providing an alternative way to stop manual profiles surprising me because I forgot the one I set yesterday! I would suggest a global option to always stop manual profiles at 3am (my best guess when most everybody will be in bed).

    Also with the 0.94 release, I have so far not seen any odd behaviour with alarms, and also autodim looks fixed so far! Great!
    Good feedback! You'll see these changes int he nex build.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Have not heard of this yet. What are your sound settings set to? Very strange that just loading SC would make htis heppen.

    It may be that Agendus is using some other sound type than "calendar"?

    _______________________________________________________________
    Actually, the problem was a bit more unexplainable. ALL of my alerts were suppressed. For example, I would receive a new sms and the message would come thorugh, but I wouldn't be alerted - at all. I deleted Agendus to see if that was the problem and it was still happening. Deleted SC and it was back to normal.

    I had two profiles set up - both timed. One was day (sound settings all set to something other than 0) and the other night (sound settings all muted).

    In any case, I'll try the new build and see if it works. I also went back to datebook5 - not that it should make a difference.

    Anyway, will report any issues.
    It sounds to me like the "Mute All" feature was in effect.

    Jeff
  16. #236  
    tested v0.9.4 today with the following issues:

    my settings (profile name/radio setting/manual or timed):
    DAY/radio on/timed
    NIGHT/radio on/timed
    QUIET/radio ----/manual
    OFF/radio off/manual

    On overriding profiles screen:


    - Current timed profile name should be shown up top when overriding - right now this only displays if the current profile is a overriden profile

    - If you override to a profile from a timed profile with radio on (DAY) to a profile that does not have radio set on or off (QUIET), the radio will turn off, then on and hang the treo up while the radio is trying to turn on.

    - If you stop an overrident manual profile (QUIET), the radio turns off then tries to turn on again for the then current timed profile (NIGHT)

    - Lot's of errors in trying to stop overriden profiles.

    In general, if you hotkey to override, the current profile (regardless of timed or overriden should be shown in the top band where it says Profile Manager).

    Then if you press an override button that should set the button but not make the change yet, then press time up or down then ok to set the override in place.

    It would be great to have a time of day with up/down arrows and am/pm to manually put in the override to time in addition to the +/-30min buttons

    When you then hotkey and the profile is a manually set profile, you should have options to stop the current profile which would return you back outside the override screen and return to the then current timed profile. This is not happening now.

    When you then hotkey and the profile is a manually set profile, you should also have the ability to select another override profile and timing and press a change button (new between stop and continue buttons) to go to the new profile and timing.

    When you hotkey in and you don't want to change anything, the continue button on the right should just exit you out to your original app with no changes.

    None of the above is working based on my tests. Let me know if you need any more details.
  17. #237  
    Just tried using ScheduleCare and I found a conflict/bug. I'm using a Cingular Treo 650 with the latest firmware/software update (1.04/1.05) installed yesterday.

    After installing ScheduleCare, my wired headset stopped working. I couldn't hear anything. Tried a second headphone...same thing. Deleted ScheduleCare from my Treo 650 and the headphones worked properly.

    Hope this helps.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    It sounds to me like the "Mute All" feature was in effect.

    Jeff
    Mute all was set - but not for the active profile.

    I tried the new build. Set up two profiles. One was timed, the other manual. The time profile had all sounds settings set to something, bluetooth and radio on, nothing checked in nested profiles and screen set to bright. Second was a manual silencer. All sounds set to mute, radio on, bluetooth off and screen set to low. Here's what I experienced.

    Timed "Day" profile kicked in, but did not turn the screen to bright. It kept the current system setting. When I tried to switch to my manual silent profile with bluetooth off etc, it would try to make the switch, but default back to the timed profile.

    If I deactivated the timed profile, it would allow me to switch to the silent profile.

    Perhaps I am missing something, but it should allow me to switch to the untimed profile at any time and not be overridden.

    When I delete the program from my device, I am using z-launcher, so it includes all databases. I'm just not having much luck in getting it to work.

    Please let me know if you need more information.

    Chris
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    tested v0.9.4 today with the following issues:

    my settings (profile name/radio setting/manual or timed):
    DAY/radio on/timed
    NIGHT/radio on/timed
    QUIET/radio ----/manual
    OFF/radio off/manual

    On overriding profiles screen:


    - Current timed profile name should be shown up top when overriding - right now this only displays if the current profile is a overriden profile
    That is because there can be *many* timed profiles active at any one time. But there can only be *one* manual rofile active at any given time.

    - If you override to a profile from a timed profile with radio on (DAY) to a profile that does not have radio set on or off (QUIET), the radio will turn off, then on and hang the treo up while the radio is trying to turn on.
    I will test and fix.

    - If you stop an overrident manual profile (QUIET), the radio turns off then tries to turn on again for the then current timed profile (NIGHT)
    Again will test and fix .

    - Lot's of errors in trying to stop overriden profiles.
    Will inventigate. I have found and fixed several issues already in the build that I am testing now.

    In general, if you hotkey to override, the current profile (regardless of timed or overriden should be shown in the top band where it says Profile Manager).

    Then if you press an override button that should set the button but not make the change yet, then press time up or down then ok to set the override in place.
    I have had more requests for *no* OK button than to have the OK button. Most people have said that they want a one press interface to start a profile. That is why it is coded the way it is right now. I think this is a style thing but I agree that simple and fast is good here. If you want to adjust the duration, do so before selecting the profile to execute. Then a single press of a profile name will execute that profile.

    It would be great to have a time of day with up/down arrows and am/pm to manually put in the override to time in addition to the +/-30min buttons
    I can do that but I am running out of code room so I did not implement this feature yet but I have brought back the "midnight" setting.

    When you then hotkey and the profile is a manually set profile, you should have options to stop the current profile which would return you back outside the override screen and return to the then current timed profile. This is not happening now.
    I don't understand. I give you the ability to stop the current manual profile and remain in the profile screen. I did this because I thought people might want to stop and then start a new profile. So you are asking for the manual profile for to disapear after you ahve stopped the running profile?

    When you then hotkey and the profile is a manually set profile, you should also have the ability to select another override profile and timing and press a change button (new between stop and continue buttons) to go to the new profile and timing.
    You can do this today. You do *not* any longer have to stop a profile before you start a new one. You can simply choose a duration and then a new profile. SC will automatically stop the current profile and start the new one for you.

    When you hotkey in and you don't want to change anything, the continue button on the right should just exit you out to your original app with no changes.
    I have changed this in the next build. The OK button is gone. If you have no profiles running you have one button called "Close" that you can use to exit the manual profile screen without making any changes.

    If there is a profile active you have two buttons called "STOP" and "Cancel". STOP will stopo the current profile and leave you in the manual profile screen and Cancel will exit the manual profile screen.


    None of the above is working based on my tests. Let me know if you need any more details.
    Hopefully the next build will be address some of your findings.

    Jeff
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich
    Just tried using ScheduleCare and I found a conflict/bug. I'm using a Cingular Treo 650 with the latest firmware/software update (1.04/1.05) installed yesterday.

    After installing ScheduleCare, my wired headset stopped working. I couldn't hear anything. Tried a second headphone...same thing. Deleted ScheduleCare from my Treo 650 and the headphones worked properly.

    Hope this helps.
    A couple of Q's.

    What version of SC are you using?

    What configuration options were you setting in your profiles?

    A few more details will help me track this down.

    Jeff

Posting Permissions