View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Tested vbvbvb.$0$.$9$.$0$ $and$ $found$ $the$ $following$ $problems$:

Treo600 on Verizon

- Reset looping when manually reset the treo is fixed but,
    - The first time using sc, and if you reset the treo, when it restarts and a timed profile is in effect and the profile has radio on, the radio will not turn on. Also when switching from one timed profile to another, and the new profile has radio set on, the radio does not turn on. However, once I set up a manual profile with radio off and overrode to that profile, then stopped that profile, then the automatic timed profile restarted and radio turned on fine after that including after resets.
    - The icons for setting sound levels are impossible to read and figure out on the low-res 600. I could figure out the phone one, however, the calendar one is very difficult and all the others below that are impossible to figure out or see the details. Also, it took me a long time to figure out the icons on the right of the volume settings were meant to be vibrate when sound on and sound off switches set (if that even is what they are meant to be). My perspective is that you are probably better off using the old ui where at least you could understand what you needed to do.
    - the request for keyboard on or off was meant for the profile keyboard setting when you are outside of schedule care. i.e. I would like to set a night profile where the keyboard stays on for the length of the auto off timer for the screen setting, and a day mode where the keyboard stays off altogether and never comes on (if that is even possible). Although that may be the functionality you are implementing with some of the icons I mentioned above that I can't see the details of or figure out.
    - not sure if you have not finished the global options yet, but you can not save the change alert statuses or the poweron status window setting yet.
    Jeff,

Hope that you are now finally done with that flu.

I tested the new release on my 650 GSM, and suddenly the keyboard lights do no longer respond to the "auto dim" and "auto light" features, and the day/night modes no longer show any effect.

Also I found the sticky keyboard light toggle somewhat inconsistent: If you leave SC and have neither manager on, it keeps the kbd light setting, but if you have either manager activated, it always turns off the lights, independent of the switch setting.

Regarding the icons in the sound panel: there is currently a lot of room wasted for the OK and Cancel buttons. It would be nice to move these to one side, and use the remaining 60% of the line for some kind of tooltip display, to help me remember what the icons stand for.
    Kick **** app.

Seem to be having a bit of trouble getting the profile toggle to work. I set up two profiles, day and night. The day profile is timed (8-5) and manual. I have sound settings for all sounds, display bright, auto off - 60, system radio on, bluetooth on, calendar commands unchecked. My night profile is manual, all muted, brightness very low, radio/bluetooth off, no calendar commands.

When I exit the app, and toggle to set the day profile, nothing happens (ie, phone radio doesn't turn on, etc.

I did have it working, but I'm not sure what I did to make it stop. I am using the latest build.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Jeff,

Hope that you are now finally done with that flu.

I tested the new release on my 650 GSM, and suddenly the keyboard lights do no longer respond to the "auto dim" and "auto light" features, and the day/night modes no longer show any effect.
    Did you do a complete uninstall and reinstall? Did you do a soft reset after you installed to clear any lingering settings?

Also I found the sticky keyboard light toggle somewhat inconsistent: If you leave SC and have neither manager on, it keeps the kbd light setting, but if you have either manager activated, it always turns off the lights, independent of the switch setting.
    Yes I found this too and will fix this in the next release.

Regarding the icons in the sound panel: there is currently a lot of room wasted for the OK and Cancel buttons. It would be nice to move these to one side, and use the remaining 60% of the line for some kind of tooltip display, to help me remember what the icons stand for.
    Well I can't really move the buttons since these are common buttons for all 4 tabs. But I am trying to come up with a way of showing text for the currently selected icon. I will figure something out.

But what do you think of the new layout otherwise?

I will be working on the manual profile screen next.

Jeff
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Kick **** app.
    Thanks.

Seem to be having a bit of trouble getting the profile toggle to work. I set up two profiles, day and night. The day profile is timed (8-5) and manual. I have sound settings for all sounds, display bright, auto off - 60, system radio on, bluetooth on, calendar commands unchecked. My night profile is manual, all muted, brightness very low, radio/bluetooth off, no calendar commands.

When I exit the app, and toggle to set the day profile, nothing happens (ie, phone radio doesn't turn on, etc.

I did have it working, but I'm not sure what I did to make it stop. I am using the latest build.
    I will look into it but it doesn't make sense to try to manually activate a timed profile that is already active.

Did you do a complete uninstall and reinstall? Just wondering if any stale data was still in the system.

Jeff
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Tested vbvbvb.$0$.$9$.$0$ $and$ $found$ $the$ $following$ $problems$:

Treo600 on Verizon

- Reset looping when manually reset the treo is fixed but,
    Cool!

- The first time using sc, and if you reset the treo, when it restarts and a timed profile is in effect and the profile has radio on, the radio will not turn on. Also when switching from one timed profile to another, and the new profile has radio set on, the radio does not turn on. However, once I set up a manual profile with radio off and overrode to that profile, then stopped that profile, then the automatic timed profile restarted and radio turned on fine after that including after resets.
    I will look into this.

- The icons for setting sound levels are impossible to read and figure out on the low-res 600. I could figure out the phone one, however, the calendar one is very difficult and all the others below that are impossible to figure out or see the details. Also, it took me a long time to figure out the icons on the right of the volume settings were meant to be vibrate when sound on and sound off switches set (if that even is what they are meant to be). My perspective is that you are probably better off using the old ui where at least you could understand what you needed to do.
    I realize that I released this without any documentation so this may be one possible cause of your confusion. I do however agree that there needs to be some textual indication for the icon. I will work on this.

- the request for keyboard on or off was meant for the profile keyboard setting when you are outside of schedule care. i.e. I would like to set a night profile where the keyboard stays on for the length of the auto off timer for the screen setting, and a day mode where the keyboard stays off altogether and never comes on (if that is even possible). Although that may be the functionality you are implementing with some of the icons I mentioned above that I can't see the details of or figure out.
    I will have to work on this one. I understand what you are asking.

- not sure if you have not finished the global options yet, but you can not save the change alert statuses or the poweron status window setting yet.
    That part of the product is still not implemented. Soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff
    Jeff

SC is getting better and better. I haven't looked at it closely since version 1 and just installed the latest Phase II B0.9.0 version. I understand the basic concepts, I think, but I am stumped on the profiles... specifically, what do the toggles just to the left of the "Mute all" button do? I see that I can cycle through three choices - lines, speaker and speaker with a red circle and line through it.

What exactly do these settings do and what is the rhyme and reason? I've not been able to crack the code of how to use them.

Please use small words since I only have a master's degree.

Keep up the good work.

Art
    Thanks Jeff. Will try to reinstall. You're right to ask the question about the manual invocation. But the problem is that the profile is not kicking in at all. So yes, it is timed, but when I exit the application, the profile is not active.

Will try to reinstall and get back to you. Thanks so much for the prompt response.
    Jeff - reinstall worked. Multiple profiles - timed and manual, all working fine now.
    Thanks so much.
    One more question - I use Agendus for my calendar functions. Since I've loaded schedulecare, my calendar alarms seem to be suppressed. I deleted agendus to see if that worked, but my alarms still don't work. Have you or anybody else run across this?
    Maybe you have answered in the past. I have ScheduleCare v1 and very much looking forware to v2. When do you expect to have production (ie non-beta) available.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Did you do a complete uninstall and reinstall? Did you do a soft reset after you installed to clear any lingering settings?
    After I did a soft reset, it now works again! And so far, SC seems much more stable. The pieces are really starting to fall into place

I noticed these problems:
    - After taking out the battery, and putting it in again, SC causes a soft reset when it reenables itself. This happened while I was still in the date/time screen setting my clock.

- Sometimes, a profile stays on after I manually cancel it. In all of these cases, an additional enable/disable cycle finally managed to turn off the profile. (Well, the manager tells me it is turned off, but the auto dim / auto kbd light features remain turned on the first time)

- Related to the keyboard behaviour reported above: Whenever I turn off a profile, it turns off the keyboard backlight as well, if I have the backlight switch enabled. Could you use the setting in SC for the keyboard backlight instead?

The new sound panel does its job nicely, and will be fine once it gets the tooltips. For the navigation, moving down out of a volume slider does not cancel the sliders "lock" mode, so that when you get back into it, left-right will still change the volume instead of moving between the controls.

What I noticed, is that sometimes after changing the sound in the panel, suddenly the corresponding sound volume setting gets enabled. But this is a rare bug, in that my attempts to reproduce it now failed.

Maybe I missed your answer, but may I ask again whether you plan to allow a !SC! command to reference a named profile? That would be a much nicer way to compose the calendar commands that the current !SC! string collections.
    Moroner-

I agree. The ability to activate a profile by !sc command is a great idea.

I'm thinking somthing like !scN(Movie)! What do you think of this Jeff ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I realize that I released this without any documentation so this may be one possible cause of your confusion. I do however agree that there needs to be some textual indication for the icon. I will work on this.
    Maybe we could get Tanster to post a concise description of this tabs functions here till the full documentation is completed down the road.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    The latest beta version seems to be causing a lot of resets. I confirmed this by disabling Schedule Care and it went back to the normal 1 to 2 per day.
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry
    Jeff

SC is getting better and better. I haven't looked at it closely since version 1 and just installed the latest Phase II B0.9.0 version. I understand the basic concepts, I think, but I am stumped on the profiles... specifically, what do the toggles just to the left of the "Mute all" button do? I see that I can cycle through three choices - lines, speaker and speaker with a red circle and line through it.

What exactly do these settings do and what is the rhyme and reason? I've not been able to crack the code of how to use them.

Please use small words since I only have a master's degree.

Keep up the good work.

Art
    Those symbols represent the vibrate status for that sound type. The third column controls vibrate status when you have the hardware sound switch set in the ON position. The 4th column controls vibrate status for that sound type when the hardware sound switch is in the OFF position.

The '---' symbol says make no changes, the speaker says to turn on vibrate and the speaker with the red cicle through it turns off vibrate.

Does this help?

Jeff
  17.    #217  
    Cool
    Jeff - reinstall worked. Multiple profiles - timed and manual, all working fine now.
    Thanks so much.
  18.    #218  
    One more question - I use Agendus for my calendar functions. Since I've loaded schedulecare, my calendar alarms seem to be suppressed. I deleted agendus to see if that worked, but my alarms still don't work. Have you or anybody else run across this?
    Have not heard of this yet. What are your sound settings set to? Very strange that just loading SC would make htis heppen.

It may be that Agendus is using some other sound type than "calendar"?

Jeff
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwinter
    Maybe you have answered in the past. I have ScheduleCare v1 and very much looking forware to v2. When do you expect to have production (ie non-beta) available.
    Hopefully within 2 weeks but I will not release until I have a stable product. The more beta testers I get, the quicker all of the bugs will get discovered and fixed.

Jeff
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    After I did a soft reset, it now works again! And so far, SC seems much more stable. The pieces are really starting to fall into place
    Thanks....

I noticed these problems:
    - After taking out the battery, and putting it in again, SC causes a soft reset when it reenables itself. This happened while I was still in the date/time screen setting my clock.
    Good information! I'll work on this.

- Sometimes, a profile stays on after I manually cancel it. In all of these cases, an additional enable/disable cycle finally managed to turn off the profile. (Well, the manager tells me it is turned off, but the auto dim / auto kbd light features remain turned on the first time)
    I still have some issues with autodimming. Think I have it fixed in the build that I am working on now.

- Related to the keyboard behaviour reported above: Whenever I turn off a profile, it turns off the keyboard backlight as well, if I have the backlight switch enabled. Could you use the setting in SC for the keyboard backlight instead?
    I don't understand your request. What you are describing is how the keyboard lights have been designed to behave. You can always create a profile that is always active that has nothing but a keyboard command in it. will that do what you are asking?

The new sound panel does its job nicely, and will be fine once it gets the tooltips. For the navigation, moving down out of a volume slider does not cancel the sliders "lock" mode, so that when you get back into it, left-right will still change the volume instead of moving between the controls.
    Good catch! Easy fix.

What I noticed, is that sometimes after changing the sound in the panel, suddenly the corresponding sound volume setting gets enabled. But this is a rare bug, in that my attempts to reproduce it now failed.
    I have not seen this either. Maybe it is releated to the 5-way bug you found above?

Maybe I missed your answer, but may I ask again whether you plan to allow a !SC! command to reference a named profile? That would be a much nicer way to compose the calendar commands that the current !SC! string collections.
    I will look into it later. In the way the application is designed, this function has the possibility of creating a recursive condition. Something that I will need to put some thought into it!

Jeff