View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    New build posted. B0.8.11

This build corrects the crash that happened when a manual profile would time itself out.

This build also corrects the screen dimming bugs.

I am recovered from the flu now so new builds will be more frequent.

A call for help!!!! Does anyone have access to icons that I can use to represent the following functions:
    • different sound types
    • speaker
    • mute
    • screen brightness
    • radio on/off
    I am starting to work on the redesign of the UI and it will save me some time if I don't need to go searching for these icons.

Thanks,

Jeff
    I have checked out 0.8.11, and it is much better with regard to screen dimming. The only remaining problem is that it still kicks in when running either TomTom or a SplashFoto presentation. But now that the non-dimming behaviour is correctly restored, that is not too bad.

On my Treo 650 GSM, which is the unlocked European version using English as its language, SC still causes some random resets. *#377 only gives an unhelpful "Error when running ScheduleCare: Fatal Exception". The most annoying part is that my Treo then goes into a kind of reset loop: one or two minutes after the previous reset, it resets again! I can break that behaviour if I am quick enough to enter ScheduleCare before the next reset. Do you have some kind of logging functionality built-in, so that I could provide you with better information about this abnormal behaviour?
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    I have checked out 0.8.11, and it is much better with regard to screen dimming. The only remaining problem is that it still kicks in when running either TomTom or a SplashFoto presentation. But now that the non-dimming behaviour is correctly restored, that is not too bad.
    Well while you are in these programs has you stopped all "human" input? The screen dimming is controlled by the lack of human input (ie. key strokes, pen touches, button presses, etc...) So if none of these have happened in 30 seconds then screen dimming will kick in.

On my Treo 650 GSM, which is the unlocked European version using English as its language, SC still causes some random resets. *#377 only gives an unhelpful "Error when running ScheduleCare: Fatal Exception". The most annoying part is that my Treo then goes into a kind of reset loop: one or two minutes after the previous reset, it resets again! I can break that behaviour if I am quick enough to enter ScheduleCare before the next reset. Do you have some kind of logging functionality built-in, so that I could provide you with better information about this abnormal behaviour?
    Yes I know there are a couple of lingering bugs that I am trying to track down. Never fear, I will find them very soon.

Jeff
  4.    #184  
    What are people's thoughts about this new layout for the Sound Tab?

Column 1: Sound Type
    Column 2: Volume Level
    Column 3: Vibrate when hardware ringer switch is on
    Column 4: Vibrate when hardware ringer switch is off
    Column 5: Tones button that will take you to a screen to select tones
    Column 5: Master mute option (New in this release)

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/newsoundscreen.jpg

I'd like feedback quickly as I'd like to implement ASAP.

Jeff
    I downloaded the latest beta version and I still can't put a check in the enable profile box.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    What are people's thoughts about this new layout for the Sound Tab?

Column 1: Sound Type
    Column 2: Volume Level
    Column 3: Vibrate when hardware ringer switch is on
    Column 4: Vibrate when hardware ringer switch is off
    Column 5: Tones button that will take you to a screen to select tones
    Column 5: Master mute option (New in this release)

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/newsoundscreen.jpg

I'd like feedback quickly as I'd like to implement ASAP.

Jeff
    Looks very cool. Stick witht his heme throughout and this will be a very nice looking app.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hi Jeff,

I know you can't 'rip' them, but I really like the icons in this application.

Other feedback:
    - the difference between column 3 and column 4 is really hard (is there any?)
    - i really have no clue what icons 5, 6 and 9 should represent .. 1st is Phone, 2nd is Alarms, 3rd is Email, 4th is IM/SMS, 5th is Audio?, 6th = ?, 7th is System Sound, 8th is Game Sound, 9th = ?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well while you are in these programs has you stopped all "human" input? The screen dimming is controlled by the lack of human input (ie. key strokes, pen touches, button presses, etc...) So if none of these have happened in 30 seconds then screen dimming will kick in.
    Thinking about this, can't you put in a Exclusion list for programs for which to ignore the screen dimming options?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    Thinking about this, can't you put in a Exclusion list for programs for which to ignore the screen dimming options?
    Absolutely. It will have to go at the end of the feature list for right now. I understand what you are needing but there are several more important things that have to make it into the product first:

BlueTooth
    New UI
    Better Manual profile switching
    Power-On information screen
    WallPaper switching
    Contrast Control
    CallFilter Integration
    2Day Integration
    LED control

Please don't think I am blowing this off. I will put it on the list. Keep the ideas and requests coming.

Jeff
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    Hi Jeff,

I know you can't 'rip' them, but I really like the icons in this application.

Other feedback:
    - the difference between column 3 and column 4 is really hard (is there any?)
    - i really have no clue what icons 5, 6 and 9 should represent .. 1st is Phone, 2nd is Alarms, 3rd is Email, 4th is IM/SMS, 5th is Audio?, 6th = ?, 7th is System Sound, 8th is Game Sound, 9th = ?
    The 2 colums you are talkign about are the 2 vibrate settings (based on the position of the hardware switch).

the sound icons in order they are shown:

Phone
    Calendar
    Email
    IM
    SMS
    MMS
    System
    Game
    Alarm

I looked at the icons in the application that you gave me. Which icons specifically would you like to see integrated? There were only a few in that application that I can access that would fit. I am absolutely open to changing the icons. These are the ones that I could find so I used them. If anyone has better icons send the to me - please.....

Jeff
    That new sound panel looks very nice. I assume that in the end you intend to use the 5-way up/down to select the sound to be changed. I would make two improvements:
    - Put the description of the currently selected sound into the title bar
    - Move the mute all button to the position indicated in the attached image, and use the space gained to enlarge the volume bars.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OK, I've finally started playing with this. Manual profiles only. No timed profiles or calendar profiles enabled or defined. Using the latest posted version (0.8.11).

A couple of quesetions. Why, when a profile is enabled, do I have to go through a "stop" screen, and then to the main selection screen to choose another one. It would be simpler to use if "stop" was simply another option on the main selection screen. Every time I want to change a profile I get annoyed at having to hold the menu key down twice, and go through a meaningless function screen.

Second, none of my profiles have auto screen dimming enabled. One of my profiles sets the screen very dim. When I select that profile, it dims the screen as it should. When I want to go back to my normal settings, I hold down the menu button, select "stop." and the screen brightens to it's normal setting. For about 15 or 20 seconds. Then it reverts to the dim setting. This is not the desired behavoir

I just realized that this doesn't have anything to do with the profile I select. Even though none of my profiles have the screen dimming option selected, Profiles is still dimming the screen. Still not the desired behavior, and enough to keep me from using the app now.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Meyerweb-

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    A couple of quesetions. Why, when a profile is enabled, do I have to go through a "stop" screen, and then to the main selection screen to choose another one. It would be simpler to use if "stop" was simply another option on the main selection screen. Every time I want to change a profile I get annoyed at having to hold the menu key down twice, and go through a meaningless function screen.
    This is in the process of being redesigned and will be much easier in future releases.

Second, none of my profiles have auto screen dimming enabled. One of my profiles sets the screen very dim. When I select that profile, it dims the screen as it should. When I want to go back to my normal settings, I hold down the menu button, select "stop." and the screen brightens to it's normal setting. For about 15 or 20 seconds. Then it reverts to the dim setting. This is not the desired behavoir

I just realized that this doesn't have anything to do with the profile I select. Even though none of my profiles have the screen dimming option selected, Profiles is still dimming the screen. Still not the desired behavior, and enough to keep me from using the app now.
    Per a post from Jeff over at MTDN:
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmgibson
    The auto screen dimming was an initial implementation and I need to work on this function. I too noticed that it would *not* turn off. Very annoying. This is a very confusing feature in the 650. Very different than the feature in the 600. I will get it fixed ASAP.
    For the time being, I have 2 profiles (controlling lighting, screen brightness, AutoDim and Auto Off) one of which is always in effect (day/night). To disable the auto screen dim feature, I have it set off in both profiles. This seems to be a reasonable workaround for the moment.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I do have auto screen dimming off in all of my profiles. The screen still auto dims.

Even worse. I disabled all the profiles, and deleted Schedule care, but my Treo 650 is STILL dimming the screen automatically. I can accept that a beta app has bugs, but I'm right pissed that even after uninstalling it it's still screwing up my phone. That's unacceptable.

Jeff: Where is this setting stored, and how can I turn it off?
    Bob Meyer
    Meyerweb-

Another thing, Both my day and night profiles are also timed profiles (6:30a -> 6:30p and 6:30p -> 6:30a) and that may be whats keeping my settings in effect. I have been unable to locate a prefrence setting for the autodim anywhere other than in SC so far. Possibly a soft reset after disabling SC will revert the 650 back to normal behavior.

-X
    Xathros

Some more comments:

- Add the option to leave the keyboard on for the screen on time (display auto off time) instead of having it turn off after 10 seconds which is the standard now.

edit - If I manually reset my treo 600, it will keep resetting in a loop if 1) profile manager is enabled and I have an active timed profile, and 2) I do not push another button within 20 seconds of the manual reset finishing.
    Last edited by rengelman; 03/16/2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    - Add the option to leave the keyboard on for the screen on time (display auto off time) instead of having it turn off after 10 seconds which is the standard now.
    Yes, that would be great ... along with an option to leave it off (auto off time = 0) or on indefinitely (auto off time = ∞).

Thanks, Jesse
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Meyerweb-

Another thing, Both my day and night profiles are also timed profiles (6:30a -> 6:30p and 6:30p -> 6:30a) and that may be whats keeping my settings in effect. I have been unable to locate a prefrence setting for the autodim anywhere other than in SC so far. Possibly a soft reset after disabling SC will revert the 650 back to normal behavior.

-X
    Thanks. That didn't do it. But restoring my saved preferences file from a backup did.
    Bob Meyer
    Excellent. I suspect the next build will most likely fix this problem and add some more functionality as well.

-X
    Xathros

20.    #200  
    All,

Sorry for the delay! The flu side tracked me for more days than I would have liked!

I also ran into compiler issues and had to rewrite some code.

I am excited about this new release. There are probably more "bugs" to be found but I am hoping this release is a vast improvement over the last.

I have fixed many bugs and added the following new features:

* New Master Mute option. This option will mute *all* sounds period! It is the same as sliding the hardware switch on top of the Treo. Unless other 3rd party applications undo what I have done, no sounds are going to get through. This is an all or nothing mute option. Meaning if you do not use the "Mute All" option and simply reduce individual volume's to '0', it will be possible for sounds of that type to be heard. This is because some 3rd party applications will bypass the "standard" sounds controls for Phone, Email, Calendar, IM, SMS, MMS, System, Game and Alarm. Not much I can, or anyone, can do about that any more. Palm took away my ability to "patch" the sound routines in the operating system, or what used to be called Hacks.

* Added new controls to allow for the separate adjustment of System, Game and Alarm volume levels.

* Implemented new User Interface for the Sound Tab.

* Added a KeyBoard Light control on the main page of SC to allow you to turn on/off the keyboard lights while you are in SC. This is a "sticky" setting. It will remember your last mode the next time you enter SC.

* Added 5-way support for some of the key pages. More to follow in later releases

* Fixed the Screen Dimming problem

Well I hope you enjoy this new release and please continue to provide feedback. That's how this program will reach its full potential.

Jeff