1.    #1  
    I just got this.

--------------------------------
    Dear Treo Mobility Roadshow'r

You may have seen that Cingular brought the GSM Treo to market yesterday.

This means we'll soon be able to start sending GSM units to you.

But I need to set your expectations. Just about all of the first Treos will
    go to Cingular and ATT to make sure they have enough for the pent up demand.

As soon as I get my hands on your Treos they will be sent. I want this
    almost as much as you.

We'll post the delivery status on the web at
    www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents and I'll send out the occasional status
    on email as well.

Thanks again for being interested in the Treo.

palmOne Marketing
    BAH!
    i didnt get this email, but the message isnt unexpected.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    But the ones that go to Cing and ATT aren't the same (unlocked) ones that would go to VC. That is, unless all they are doing is unlocking Cing/ATT models and shipping them. If that's the case we'll have non-DUN enabled unlocked phones.
    I got it the email too... I'm ever so glad I got a Sprint 650 to tide me over till the GSM one arrives
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    That explains why my Cingular order shipped today. I ordered a Treo 650 Cingular (w/$100 developer discount off the PalmOne online store) yesterday at 10am. Got an email confirmation today that it has shipped and will be getting it tomorrow. Fedex confirmation with tracking. I guess Cingular has a strong pull with PalmOne.

Good luck guys... hang in there.
    Naturally... If they had anything less than VERY strong pull with palmOne, P1 would be idiots. They're only the largest wireless phone company in the country!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    what a sleazy move.

according to VC's own website, there are 519 GSM Treos in question here. I ordered 2 off P1 yesterday. In the time it took me to place 2 separate orders, the order numbers indexed 126. If that took me 10 minutes (it didn't) it appears they are moving more than 750/hr off the website - they need to give VC 1 hrs worth of sales.

I hope VC made a pile of money on this deal to account for the way P1 is screwing them to the wall now.....

this is the mark of a poorly run operation, nothing less.