1.    #1  
    After a long conversation with multiple CSRs I was able to:
    1. Order a Treo 650 for $449 and a 2 year contract extension (even though I have 18 months on current contract)
    2. Not have to order an additional data plan because I was already subscribed to $7/month mMode (1MB/mo, 265 tm)
    3. Upgrade to mMode unlimited @$24.99/month (-25% corporate discount)
    4. Keep my account on the AT&T Wireless side of the house -

Now this was after considerable conversation with another CSR who insisted I needed a "datacentric device" data plan (starting at around $44/mo) and needed to "move over to Cingular". His logic was, the Treo650 is classified as a Data Device, not a Phone and this required a Data Device plan. I said, "Well, give me no plan, just the phone." No dice. I'd need to convert to a data centric plan and a voice on data device plan. This didn't sound too good to me. Hung up, spun the wheel to get another CSR. Hit the jackpot.

The logic which worked with the second CSR was, "I think I already have a data plan, can I keep it? Great! Hey, 1mb sounds small, can I pop it up to Unilmited? How much would that be? $24? Hmmm.... OK, sounds good - lets do that."

Checking back today - I have a Treo650 arriving either today or tomorrow, my same voice plan (Going to rollover minutes at the end of the month -- whoo hoo) and mMode Unlimited data service.

I'll report back with data speeds and whatnot when it arrives. But net/net was $449 (from $549) to add 6 months to contract and $18/mo (after 25% corp discount) for unlimited data. Lesson learned -- if you do not get what you want from a CSR, hang up, spin the wheel again, you will get the right CSR at some point.... Now to get the $100 rebate!

Howard
    Same boat as you. CSR did a phone only order, no change to my unlimited mMode plan. First try even!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I was going that route with the unlocked 650 from P1, but then Cingular started offering the 650 on their site and I was able to get Mediaworks unlimited for $19.99. For the same $99 I get 2000 minutes instead of 1600, and the device was $449. So I took the plunge into the Orange pool. We'll see how that all works out.
  4.    #4  
    The order was placed at 5:05 PM, it was on my door at 10:00 AM the very next day. Well, AT&T Wireless Rocks. I get Edge connectivity and unlimited data at the mMode rate.
    Howard
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolkowh
    Checking back today - I have a Treo650 arriving either today or tomorrow, my same voice plan (Going to rollover minutes at the end of the month -- whoo hoo) and mMode Unlimited data service.
    Howard
    How do you get rollover minutes with ATT without going over to Cingular Orange?

Thanks,
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    They are starting rollover mid-month for AT&T Wirless plans. There will be some fanfare about this in a couple of weeks
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolkowh
    They are starting rollover mid-month for AT&T Wirless plans. There will be some fanfare about this in a couple of weeks
    Really. That sounds great. Do you know if we automatically get it or do we have to call and change our voice plans?

Thanks for the info!
    Jeff