1.    #1  
    I have a new unlocked GSM 650. In the Favorites/Speed Dial buttons, there are 5 buttons that seem locked to certain applications: Web, Versamail, Messaging, Realplayer and Camera (although my Camera button has somehow become Quick Tour.

These buttons seem frozen...is there anyway to edit the buttons? I've moved them to Page 5 where they are out of the way, but I'd like to be able to use the buttons for my own purposes at some point..

Thanks!
    Select the button you want to change. Choose EDIT BUTTON from the drop down menu. Select DELETE at the bottom right. Now the button will be blank. Go back to the Favorites screen and choose the newly empty button and choose EDIT BUTTON and you will be able to fill it with whatever you want.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that...for these buttons, the only options when selecting "Edit Button" are "Okay" and "Cancel"...that's what I meant by frozen (I realize now that I was not that clear).

Edit Button dosen't work...it will have to be somewhere else.
    It is possible for some buttons to be pre-baked into the Favorites list so you cannot edit them.

I have a suggestion for a hack. If you were to delete the file Phone Favorites.pdb from the RAM using FileZ, the favorites would disappear. The phone will reassert the file after a reset so you will have to try hacking the file directly using a program like RsrcEdt. I presume there is a single bit or byte flag preventing certain records from being deleted.

At a simple level, you can open up this file in FileZ using the Edit function. You can view each record in the file and find the ones you dont want and simply delete those records. That will solve your problem right away. Only if you hard reset your device and restore your data will those entries possibly make a re-appearance.
  5.    #5  
    Excellent tip, Poryphyron! Filez was the answer - I deleted the "offending" records and got all of my favorites buttons back!
    Quote Originally Posted by westjohnson
    Excellent tip, Poryphyron! Filez was the answer - I deleted the "offending" records and got all of my favorites buttons back!
    I have filez but could not find the file phonefavorites.pdb Could you help witH a step by step. thanks