1.    #1  
    I would like to set up my Treo 600 to read my sprintpcs.com email. However, I have tried Blazer, I have tried Mail, I have tried Avantgo, and I have tried SnapperMail. No matter which program I use, I either receive an application error (with Blazer) or my username/password is not recognized. Regarding the latter, I've tried using my username both with and without the @sprintpcs.com appendage. SprintPCS technical support is clueless.

Has anyone figured out how to check their sprintpcs.com email on their Treo 600, using ANY method?

Note that I have no problem logging into sprintpcs.com from any computer. Works fine from any computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Dad
    I would like to set up my Treo 600 to read my sprintpcs.com email. However, I have tried Blazer, I have tried Mail, I have tried Avantgo, and I have tried SnapperMail. No matter which program I use, I either receive an application error (with Blazer) or my username/password is not recognized. Regarding the latter, I've tried using my username both with and without the @sprintpcs.com appendage. SprintPCS technical support is clueless.

Has anyone figured out how to check their sprintpcs.com email on their Treo 600, using ANY method?

Note that I have no problem logging into sprintpcs.com from any computer. Works fine from any computer.

http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm#13

If you CAN log onto your SprintPCS account -AND- log into your PCS email on their website (2 different things), then you know there are two different passwords. Have you tried setting up the Treo600 email app (PalmOne Mail) to receive your email and have you tried the Vision password in that setup? You are correct in using just the prefix of your email address as the username (omitting @sprintpcs.com). Sounds like a simple password error. Good luck and reply if this is the fix.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried every single password combination I can think of, e.g., Vision password without the @sprintpcs.com, then with the @sprintpcs.com, then PCS email password without, then with, etc., etc. I even wrote a matrix of username/password combinations on a sheet of paper and tried all of them...no luck at all...very annoyed....

What's unfortunate is that I've had my T600 since September, 2003 and have never had a major problem with it. It has always performed flawlessly. I check corporate email, Yahoo email, play games, listen to tunes, read books, etc., etc. Works great...all except for this!
    I used to do this using Eudora on my 300, but with the 600 I just use the Mail program that came pre-installed. No problems at all checking my @sprintpcs.com email.

My incoming server is set as: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Outgoing: smtp.sprintpcs.com

And yes, it feels like I must have a dozen Sprint passwords. One for voicemail, one for email, one for Business Connect, one for the website, ad infinitum. Try getting level 2 tech support at Sprint to feed you back all your passwords and make certain you have the right one.
  6.    #6  
    To clarify the problem, I am (I think) to connect to the POP, as I get a POP finished message, then it tries to reach the SMTP, but then I get that red circle with the note "We were unable to log in to the mail server. Plase go to the Name Tab of the Account Settings..." I just don't get it.
    Agreed - there is a wierd issue with the SprintPCS.com password. It is separate from all other Sprint passwords... I use the HS Mail app and it works fine. Try a search WAY back in the forums...
    What's unfortunate is that I've had my T600 since September, 2003 and have never had a major problem with it. It has always performed flawlessly. I check corporate email, Yahoo email, play games, listen to tunes, read books, etc., etc. Works great...all except for this!

There is something wrong with your Sprintpcs password. I also had this problem a long time ago. Call sprint tech and demand to be escalated to a level 2 tier tech who can help you. THe regular CS are clueless. Make sure they give you your correct password. Often the vision and email passwords are mixed up. More than likely you will have to reset your vision password. Once you do this, yuou probably will be able to access your sprintpcs email via email client...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions