1.    #1  
    So I'm ready to breakdown and get a Treo650 from Cingular. Since I'll be a new subscriber to Cingular (sorry TMobile - we have to part ways now), I'm curious about what data plans Cingular has that I can sign up for that will work with the 650. As with all of the wireless providers, they do a horrible job seperating the phone data plans from the PC/laptop style data plans so I have no idea what they actually offer.

What is the best unlimited plan that Cingular has available?
    Hey man - I just defected from T-Mobile today and bought a Treo 650 at the Cingular store. Good luck finding any one there that knows anything about data plans much less the difference between GPRS and EDGE.

I finally found a guy that knows something and here is the way it works. The have a data ONLY plan for the Treo 650 that is $39.95 a month and includes unlimited EDGE and GPRS data. Apparently if you are in an EDGE market it will automatically switch to the faster service. If you travel to a GPRS only market, it will use the slower service.

The pricing for laptops for unlimited EDGE/GPRS is $79 a month. I am going to try to connect my laptop to the EDGE network via bluetooth on my Treo.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cingular people are freakin clueless. I live in Dallas and already have dropped 2 calls driving down the road on Cingular. I can't remember the last time I dropped a call on T-Mobile here. They might have more bars, but that doesn't seem to improve connection reliability - at least yet.
    So, what is this then when you order from Palm1 or Mytreo.net?

MEdia Works (Includes Unlimited Wireless Internet Express (GPRS), 1500 Text Messages plus 200 Multimedia Messages)

$19.99/mo.
  4. rg1
    Just picked up a Treo 650 and the guy at the store gave me the Media Works data plan (for $20) even though he said "we are supposed to sell you a $40 plan".
    Quote Originally Posted by rg1
    Just picked up a Treo 650 and the guy at the store gave me the Media Works data plan (for $20) even though he said "we are supposed to sell you a $40 plan".
    No .. the $20 plan is an add on it REQUIRES a phone package, the $40 is a stand alone data only plan.