1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a GPS system program for the treo 650. A program that gives you directions and maps to where you want to go.

Thanks,
    BarleyMob
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    www.tomtom.com

Do a search on the forum... a few people have used it successfully with the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barleymob
    I was wondering if there was a GPS system program for the treo 650. A program that gives you directions and maps to where you want to go.

Thanks,
    BarleyMob
    Check out the bluetooth forum. Search for TomTom and Mappolis.

I am running TomTom myself and are really happy with the results (yes screen is a little small, but spoken directions are pretty loud on the 650 lousy speaker...). All things are on the SD card except for a 50kb footprint...

Only big thing is that calling and navigating does not work together (calls cancel the navigation). There is supposed to be an upgrade any time for the t650 that should make the integration better (now just wait what better really means).
    Does the TomTom Bluetooth version work with the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Does the TomTom Bluetooth version work with the 650?
    Yes, it does. I just received my TomTom yesterday, and I am very happy with its navigation and Bluetooth performance on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    Check out the bluetooth forum. Search for TomTom and Mappolis.

I am running TomTom myself and are really happy with the results (yes screen is a little small, but spoken directions are pretty loud on the 650 lousy speaker...). All things are on the SD card except for a 50kb footprint...

Only big thing is that calling and navigating does not work together (calls cancel the navigation). There is supposed to be an upgrade any time for the t650 that should make the integration better (now just wait what better really means).
    Don't forget that any Palm OS device is single tasking. So when one program starts, something else needs to quit. The good and bad combined. I would be curious to see how they would better the integration when it seems like an OS limitation.
    Thanks,

np
    Looks like a sweet package -- but damn $300 sounds high!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    Don't forget that any Palm OS device is single tasking. So when one program starts, something else needs to quit. The good and bad combined. I would be curious to see how they would better the integration when it seems like an OS limitation.
    Maybe the "better integration" is having TomTom set the phone mode to "forward all calls to voice mail" when it activates.

Or... tie into the phone app so the TomTom app alerts you to an incoming call and gives you the option to quit the app and pick up the phone.
    I was thinking about getting the Tom Tom package as well...but now I think I'm going to wait and see what comes of the LBS (location based services) feature on the Sprint 650 with the just released Java pluggin. It would be cool to see if any true GPS-like features arrive on the sprint 650 with out the need for additional hardware....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    While that would be awesome funk, I really doubt we'll be able to get anything good going with that now.... Maybe in the future, but I dont see it happening with the 650. Best we'll get is directions on how to get from one tower to another
    I am able to use my phone (via bluetooth) and Mapopolis at the same time. I have the SD GPS unit from igolf.
    Actually when you're in the call you can fire tomtom back up and keep on trucking. I use it with a Leadtek bluetooth GPS, and do not have a BT headset, so I am good there. Strangely my wired headset crapped out on me (short in the cord). I am looking for a good wired one headset replacement.
    You can use GPS wired receiver, then you do not have to worry about this problem (can not take the call when you are in GPS with BT receiver). Check this out from Seidio

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=B10CG25MTR650