1.    #1  
    Ok is there anyone on here who Actualy For certain " Has first hand Knowledge"

Which works or is requiered to get GPRS or EDGE on the 650 GSM
    Read post #709 from this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=36&pp=20

and also read post #111
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...284#post545284

That seems to be someone actual "first hand knowledge" getting EDGE with mediaworks package.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    any at&t or cingular customers on the GSM system using any kind of data package will receive EDGE. this includes, but not limited to: 1) the pay per use medianet, 2) the $9.99 2MB medianet, 3) the $19.99 mediaworks with unlimited medianet - 1500 text/instant msgs - 200 multimedia msgs, or 4) the $49.99 unlimited PDA data plan. it's ALL gravy.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Note: The Treo 650 on the Cingular web site offers Media Works ($20) as an option. Select the phone and go through the order process (pick a plan) and Media works is one of the only data options.
    So Call Cingular and have them add it to your plan. If they say it's not available for Treo, tell them that it's available on the web site for new purchases so and ask them to add it. No need to be stealthy.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    As I've said elsewhere, my concern is if they'll bill me for non-WAP or non-HTML traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Note: The Treo 650 on the Cingular web site offers Media Works ($20) as an option. Select the phone and go through the order process (pick a plan) and Media works is one of the only data options.
    So Call Cingular and have them add it to your plan. If they say it's not available for Treo, tell them that it's available on the web site for new purchases so and ask them to add it. No need to be stealthy.
    In their infinite wisdom, ordering Media Works for the 650 is only available in certain markets when using the website. Out of curiosity, I tried an order in the DC/Baltimore market, and Media Works isn't available for the 650. It is available for other phones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    its not available on the site for the 650 in NYC
    MediaWorks doesn't show up as an option in the NY (area code 646) market either. For the folks who did get that option while signing up on Cingular's website, what were your locations?
    I got the option in Dallas, TX, zip 75023
    I got it in Tampa, FL
    I also ordered from Mytreo.net and never was asked for a location but still got the option for $19.99...
    the too have a sort of disclaimer under the media plan

"Some Cingular features may not be compatible with the Treo 650 in certain Cingular markets. If a Cingular feature is not compatible with the Treo 650 in your market, you will not be billed for the service."
    Ok Im confused. Im all new to this Treo stuff. Im planning on buy one with Cingular and this whole MediaWorks, Data Plan thing is really confusing.

I know that the EDGE technology is within the phone and all you need is a data plan and you are using the EDGE tech.

Now Im in NYC and there is no MediaWorks listed. There is only MediaNet. Is that the same thing? There are also Data Plans that cost a fortune but the Cingular site says that only for use with PCs. So what plan do I need to get to access web, email on so forth with the EDGE tech on the 650 in NYC?

If I order from this site I get the 19.99 MediaWorks option but will that work in my area?

Sorry for all the questions, I just didnt want to start a whole new thread on this.

Thanks.
    I live in New York City and I am unable to get the Mediaworks "unlimited wireless Internet" package for $19.99!

1. At the Cingular store, the sales rep says that package is only available for the Treo 600. With the Treo 650, I have to pay $39.99 for "unlimited wireless Internet".
    2. At PalmOne, the sales rep told me that the $19.99 Mediaworks "unlimited wireless Internet" package advertised on their website is actually a mistake and it is actually $39.99 "because cingular just recently changed their pricing for Mediaworks on the 650". What??
    3. When you go to the Cingular website, Mediaworks for $19.99 is available with "unlimited wireless Internet" for coverage areas outside of NYC. But as soon as you specify a zipcode in NYC, then Mediaworks $19.99 only lists "3MB" (not unlimited) for wireless Internet!!! What is going on?
    Seems like we are getting ripped off in the New York city area?
    Does anyone else have this problem and were you able to get around it?
    Am I going to have to find another address outside NYC to take advantage of Mediaworks for $19.99??

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    As I've said elsewhere, my concern is if they'll bill me for non-WAP or non-HTML traffic.
    Your concern is valid. Although it is unlikely you will be billed extra for accessing HTML pages, the MEdia Works fine print does indicate that it is not intended for general full web access, but rather to the MEdiaNet WAP window they give you.

I have a feeling Cingular is going to lose most of its customers if they don't get straight forward about their plans for MEdia Works, charges, and details. Playing these games has never benefited a carrier.

I, for one, am dumping Cingular. I don't need a fine print paphlet with my bill 2 months later saying "by the way, you now are limited to 3MB of WAP ONLY through MEdiaNet, and anything over is billed at the KB rate."
    I have Media Works, I get EDGE
    1 | 2