1.    #1  
    I ordered via the phone.. big mistake.

I signed up with new cingular service last week, so I can get the new treo 650.
    the rep on the phone told me they were sending me a new treo 650 and and 600 arrived today.

I feel like canceling my contract now ( I have 30 days ) and I havent even activated it yet.

Does anyone recommend any options on this. Whats the best route to take for results?

1. Should I just cancel by Cingular account , send back the treo 600 and buy direct from Palmone with new service.

2. Should I activate the service with the 600, wait 10 days and try to exchange the 600 for the 650.

3. Should I keep the cingular account ( not cancel ) , just send back the phone and hope they send me the 650 as a replace... this chould take a long time.

4. Should I keep the 600, and go to local Cingular store and try to exchange for the 650 ( if they have it ).. may not have for awhile.

Please advise.

Ordered a 650, received a 600. Seems clear to me..... call back and explain what happened.
    Why wouldn't you just call Cingular support, expalin the situation and send the 600 back and let them send you what you originally ordered ? Sounds like a simple mistake on their part. If you want the full demo period, don't activate the 600.

EDIT: I see ttrundle beat me to it.
    call cingular, return t600 and get t650....well, you ordered for a t650 right?
    its just like you've ordered a E55 benz but getting a E300 instead.....lol
    I would definately return it.
    why the double-post????
  7.    #7  
    Im new in here and posted to 600 area by mistake
    don't see why you're pontificating over the options, just call 'em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dethman
    don't see why you're pontificating over the options, just call 'em up.
    Poor use of a big word dethman...i think what you mean is "pondering over the options.."