Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    afaikafaikafaik, $it$ $is$ $required$ $by$ $law$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $get$ $the$ $unlock$ $code$ $from$ $the$ $carrier$..
    Which law would that be?
    --
    K7AAY
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi, cmire,
    I was with attws until cingular merged them and then I bought my unbranded 650 (LOCKED) from Palm store but it works with att sim card. I called cingular yesterday to get the eight digits unlock code and I typed in *#*#8digit code# then dial key, voila, I see the screen saying "sim lock code removed" I was so happy that I thought I just unlocked my 650. Unfortunately, this morning I borrowed a T-mobile sim card from my friend and put it in mt 650 but it says "this sim card will not work" booo.

Did I miss something ? Do I still need to call cingular for the SUBSIDY Code to really unlock my 650 ? can someone share your sight for this mess. Thanks.
    People,

The easiest way to unlock your phone is to go to gsmliberty.net. For $25 they will send you a small client software program. You simply put your phone in test mode, run the client software, and their server will run the codes for your phone and tell you what the exact unlock code is for your phone. It's well worth the price of admission! It was pretty slick. Only small problem I had was that I had to hard reset the 650 before it would read my codes. But tech support was very helpful in figuring out the problem. Try it, you'll like it! An unlocked phone is $150 more than a locked locked phone, so I think $25 is a pretty good deal.

Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler1
    Hi, cmire,
    I was with attws until cingular merged them and then I bought my unbranded 650 (LOCKED) from Palm store but it works with att sim card. I called cingular yesterday to get the eight digits unlock code and I typed in *#*#8digit code# then dial key, voila, I see the screen saying "sim lock code removed" I was so happy that I thought I just unlocked my 650. Unfortunately, this morning I borrowed a T-mobile sim card from my friend and put it in mt 650 but it says "this sim card will not work" booo.

Did I miss something ? Do I still need to call cingular for the SUBSIDY Code to really unlock my 650 ? can someone share your sight for this mess. Thanks.
    You have to read this whole thread. It's already explained. The code cingular gave is to unlock the sim card. Not the phone. So you have to use third party service to unlock the phone itself like other members suggested.
    I had to have my phone replaced under warranty from Cingular. Of course the new one came locked. I called customer service, they transferred me to technical support and in less than 5 minutes I had my unlock code...

The same as before. No questions asked.

I know they have some 60 day rule (or at least had it). I just told them that I was travelling to remote parts of Asia where there was no Cingular service--which is true in my case...

Hope this helps.
    How can a locked treo be unlocked via SD? Is there a step by step website?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910