1.    #1  
    The sim that I now have is one that I got when I setup My t600 last december (2003) , the one from My Nokia wouldnt work so they sold Me a New one . Is there anyway to tell by looking at it if it is a 64 Bit sim.
    One of the threads floating around right now has a picture of it. If it's a Cingular SIM it should be white with the cingular logo and will actually say something to the effect of "64K" or something on it..
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    It'll look exactly like this, with a string of numbers printed above where it says "64K smartchip (tm)".

http://staff.pop3now.com/alee/64ksim.jpg
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjosh
    One of the threads floating around right now has a picture of it. If it's a Cingular SIM it should be white with the cingular logo and will actually say something to the effect of "64K" or something on it..

OOP's Guess If I would Have been clever enough to Pull out the Sim I could have answered My own Question.. Mine say's 32K

Thanks For the Help
    Is this 64K SIM just a Cingular thing? Or is it also an issue on TMo? I have a Nokia 3650 now on TMo and the SIM is all white, with a long string of numbers and says 'voicestream' on it...I assume it's not the latest. Should I go have them swap it out with something newer before my unlocked 650 comes? I want to just pop in my SIM and not tell them I've switched phones.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Is this 64K SIM just a Cingular thing? Or is it also an issue on TMo? I have a Nokia 3650 now on TMo and the SIM is all white, with a long string of numbers and says 'voicestream' on it...I assume it's not the latest. Should I go have them swap it out with something newer before my unlocked 650 comes? I want to just pop in my SIM and not tell them I've switched phones.

just pop in your sim card, they won't check or ask you what phone you're using...i've been doing that all these while
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    The 64k SIM is a Cingular "thing"... T-Mobile users don't have to worry about it. The benefits are more room to store contacts on the SIM, and the SIM contains an updated consolidated table of networks (including all the towers from the AT&T Wireless acquisition). Cingular customers can usually just request to trade-in their older 32K sims and get the new one for free -- however, stores do reserve the right to charge you for the new SIM.
    alee ... Thanks! for the info. From what I'd read here it sounded like a Cingular thing, but I wasn't sure if TMo users need an update SIM or if one is even available for TMo. You answered my question. I'll leave 'well enough alone' and just swap my current SIM when the 650 gets here.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    So, is there a problem using the 64K Cingular SIMs in a 650?