1.    #1  
    For some reason today on my Treo 600, I can receive calls, but people on the other end can't hear me....it's as if the phone is muted and I can't talk. Anybody experience anything similar?

Not quite sure how to remedy this. I have tried a soft reset, with no results. No changes have been made to the phone lately. I received a call this morning with no problems, and this afternoon, things seemed to take a turn.
    see if it works with the headset. I had a similar problem and the phone only worked with the headset, I had to get the treo unit replaced.
  3.    #3  
    Sure enough, plugging in the headset works....does this mean the mic is blown or something?

What is my recourse here? How do I go about getting the unit replaced/fixed?
    I'd run into the same thing and called Palm support about it. Since I hadn't bought mine via the PalmOne website, I was told to contact my carrier (T-Mobile). After talking with TMobile support, they sent me a replacement. When I was talking with support, they didn't seem surprised and didn't really do alot of troubleshooting, expecting it to need a replacement from the beginning.

btw - the replacement they sent me, at the slightest bump, turns off wireless...annoying, but I may just stick it out with this one and upgrade sooner than later
    it is a known issue.
    Last edited by mrgarza; 02/04/2005 at 01:08 PM.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    Gentai, did you purchase your 600 through T-Mobile?

I received mine as a gift, and am not sure where it was purchased....I don't think it was purchased through the carrier though. Should I still call T-Mobile?
    No, I'd bought mine on Ebay (it was originally an ATT phone). I think I'd mentioned this to the service rep on the phone just to make sure everything was on the "up and up" so I wouldn't run into any troubles should they have noticed it was an ATT phone when I sent it in. She didn't comment on it, though, and still had me send my phone in.

Oops, forgot to answer your question...but yeah, I'd give Tmobile a call and see if they can help you out, it never hurts to try!
  8.    #8  
    Called T-Mobile, but since mine was bought on eBay as well, and not through them, they would not send a replacement.

Called PalmOne (53 times because I could never get someone on the phone) and finally got someone and they are sending me a replacement....I tried finagling for a replacement with a Treo 650, but the later had no "option on her computer" to do that. She seemed like she was almost willing though! Never hurts to try!

Now I can sell a Brand New Treo 600 and apply that to my 650 purchase
    Gratz! I actually took the advice of some of the ppl on this board and got a new sim card for my phone and it took care of the issue I was having with the replacement (wireless turning off at the slightest bump) so I may do the same and put whatever money I get off selling it towards a 650, too.