1.    #1  
    OSXvnc 1.5 is released

Added support for Server Side Scaling (Both PalmVNC and UltraVNC style). Yes!! Finally!!

Added command-line support for Reverse connections. Sweet.

Added French Localization support.

Switch Rendezvous (zero-conf) support to use _rfb._tcp for compatibility with other servers.

Turned KeyboardLoading OFF by default since it is currently detrimental for international keyboard users.

Fixed a problem doing startup on OSX 10.1.5 (JAGUAR).

Fixed a problem doing startup on OSX 10.4 (TIGER).

Fixed a crashing bug with pasteboard access when multiple clients are connected.

Added special psuedo-encoding so OSXvnc can report when it's clipboard is inaccessible.

This works nicely with Palm VNC.
    I have questions on the server scaling. in Palm VNC it has begin with X and Y then scale ....I put the ratio to 1:2 but what does everyone leave the X and Y fields at?
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    WOW! I just drove my iMac G5 from offsite with my Treo 650 running PalmVNC 2.0.5 and OSXvnc(1.5).

Incredible! All of the power of a G5 desktop conveniently accessible from a Treo 650. This might top the list of coolest things I've done with the Treo so far.
    Okay, I'm gonna have to give this a try. I assume that I'll need to disable "sleep" mode on my G5 and open up some ports in my router's firewall, yes? Can someone point me to the best "how-to" guide to set this up...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Okay, I'm gonna have to give this a try. I assume that I'll need to disable "sleep" mode on my G5 and open up some ports in my router's firewall, yes? Can someone point me to the best "how-to" guide to set this up...?
    Thats a really good question? I would hate to have to leave the computer on all the time - it would be nice if it would wake up only when a VNC call was made.
    YEAAHHHHHH I have been waiting sooooo long!

Server Side scaling!!

-CK
    Thanks For The Heads Up!!!
    Perhaps the "wake on LAN" feature will work with VNC...? Hmmm...
    I got everything to work!!! I had to alter these instructions a bit since my router is a Motorola WR850G, but it is working!!! This is SOOOOO COOOL!

I'm still researching the whole "sleep" issue and will post more as I learn more.
    Could someone please help me with this. Please please please
    I have the OSXvnc running but I am sitting behind an Airport basestation.

I have set up 'Port Mapping' on the base station. But still cant seem to get this to work is there someplace I can verify my settings?

Or could someone walk me through it

I would SOOOOO appreciate it!
    I can't speak for your system, as I'm using a different router, but there were two steps for me. I had to set the port mapping, but I ALSO had to set my computer up in a "DMZ" - which is actually designed for games. It basically says "allow this IP address (which is assigned through DHCP) to access the open ports".

I'm not sure if there is a way to set this up with Airport, but what you'd need to do is have the actual IP of your modem setup in PalmVNC, and then you have to "unrestrict" the local/DHCP address of your Mac in the Airport setup in addition to opening port 5900...

Don't know if that helps, but that's what made it work for me.
    got it to work! It's great! the funny thing is that its actually faster to surf the web using vnc than it is to use blazer... I'm actually writing this post on my treo 650
    You've got to be kidding, that I've never even heard of this functionality! A huge mac/treo geek like me. All this grad school means I must be slipping. Now I have an excuse not to work on my term paper tomorrow! Heh heh.

Ed
    ---
    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html
    Finally!!!! Woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by maskott
    WOW! I just drove my iMac G5 from offsite with my Treo 650 running PalmVNC 2.0.5 and OSXvnc(1.5).

Incredible! All of the power of a G5 desktop conveniently accessible from a Treo 650. This might top the list of coolest things I've done with the Treo so far.
    Are you using GPRS to access the G5 desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeale
    You've got to be kidding, that I've never even heard of this functionality! A huge mac/treo geek like me. All this grad school means I must be slipping. Now I have an excuse not to work on my term paper tomorrow! Heh heh.

Ed
    ---
    http://www.rezonate.com/walkabout/whatsonmytreo600.html

Cool Site!..