1.    #1  
    sometimes my sceen light will go dim on its own. it usually happens when I surf the web. i'll have light on almost the lowest setting and the screen will go dark. I can turn it up and it works fine. when this happens from the lowest light setting I have to press toggle key 4x's before I see light on my sceen but the brightest setting still seems to be as bright. has anyone else experienced this and do you think this is problem with the unit or the software thanks in advance
    You know, I had the same problem on my 600, before I got rid of it. I was told it was the software or a 3rd party app.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by plur2000
    sometimes my sceen light will go dim on its own. it usually happens when I surf the web. i'll have light on almost the lowest setting and the screen will go dark. I can turn it up and it works fine. when this happens from the lowest light setting I have to press toggle key 4x's before I see light on my sceen but the brightest setting still seems to be as bright. has anyone else experienced this and do you think this is problem with the unit or the software thanks in advance
    You know I had this happen the other day for the first time on my 650. It hasn't happened since (thankfully) and I attributed it to a low battery (about 30% charge left) while surfing the web. I charged the device and it worked fine. Figured it was some kind of power saving feature although I did feel that the battery still should have had enough in it yet.
  4.    #4  
    I don't think it's a power save feature because both times it has happened the phone was charging and had over 80 percen power.
    it seems like it may be just a software issue, I hope
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have had mine do thid before also. Today I noticed that if I press Option and the right side Caps the screen dims for 10 seconds. I don't remember reading about that in the users guide. Bug?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    pretty sure it's the night mode feature so you're not blinded by the bright screen at night. Someone posted about this in another thread a couple weeks ago I think...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."