Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, it seems as if a new BT headset is coming out on a daily basis. I have seen and read some reviews here and other places, and I wanted to get your feedback if there is/are a model or a few models that that perform much better than others when it comes to clarity, static, ease of use, comfort. Really, the clarity is the most vital, I will use this all day long, so I would like the comfort advice too.

Also, if there are any cases that you can help with for me as I will be in and out of the car all day, going from my hip back to the car. Thanks for all your help, looking forward to this for several months now!

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i have had great luck with my jabra bt250
    mt
    Moved
    I had nothing but problems with my Jabra. The $34 Scala is great!
    ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I had nothing but problems with my Jabra. The $34 Scala is great!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I just picked up Moto 820 at my Cing store (why because it was there) and I was excited. Pretty cool, no prblems yet, will try all day tomorrow and report. Immediate Pairing. Clear sound.
    HoFo posters suggest that the HBH-300 is the best
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I haven't tried it yet, but the Bluespoon AX has gotten great reviews. I'd be all over it if it wasn't 3 times the price of the Scala.
    THe palmone BT250 had good quality, but it doesn't work as well as my Bluetrek G2 in wifi networks. Both still have some problems with static when close to the wifi router. I hope the next Treo can solve this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I haven't tried it yet, but the Bluespoon AX has gotten great reviews. I'd be all over it if it wasn't 3 times the price of the Scala.
    I've posted this in other threads, but the AX isn't working for me. It is a great device by itself, very small, and quite comfortable to wear. But won't stay paired with my T650, even though it exists as a trusted device in my T650 list of BT devices. Anytime I power cycle either the phone or the AX, I have to re-run the Handsfree setup wizard and enter the security key for the AX. This may very well be a fluke that only happens for me, but mine will be going up on eBay.
    The AX is only $70.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    The AX is only $70.
    Where? I haven't seen it for less than $90 yet, including on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I've posted this in other threads, but the AX isn't working for me. It is a great device by itself, very small, and quite comfortable to wear. But won't stay paired with my T650, even though it exists as a trusted device in my T650 list of BT devices. Anytime I power cycle either the phone or the AX, I have to re-run the Handsfree setup wizard and enter the security key for the AX. This may very well be a fluke that only happens for me, but mine will be going up on eBay.
    That's disappointing. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
    I have the scala 500 and the HBH 660 once i received the HBH 660 i put my scala away really like it and i have no sound problems at all.

Fred
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ....Anytime I power cycle either the phone or the AX, I have to re-run the Handsfree setup wizard and enter the security key for the AX. This may very well be a fluke that only happens for me, but mine will be going up on eBay.
    Have you tried disabling the device name cache in the Treo Bluetooth manager? It remedied pairing issues I had with two separate devices.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Yes, that did not help. But I am going to try something else tonight. With the AX, so far I first made it a trusted device, THEN I did the handsfree setup which required re-entering the device key. I just tried a Jabra BT250, and it would not let me finish the handsfree setup when it already existed as a trusted device. When I deleted the BT250 from the trusted devices list I could finish the handsfree setup just fine, and everything worked as it should. So I will try that same procedure with the AX tonight.

BTW: compared to the AX, the BT250 absolutely SUCKS when it comes to static.
    Yes, that did not help. But I am going to try something else tonight. With the AX, so far I first made it a trusted device, THEN I did the handsfree setup which required re-entering the device key. I just tried a Jabra BT250, and it would not let me finish the handsfree setup when it already existed as a trusted device. When I deleted the BT250 from the trusted devices list I could finish the handsfree setup just fine, and everything worked as it should. So I will try that same procedure with the AX tonight.

BTW: compared to the AX, the BT250 absolutely SUCKS when it comes to static.
    Pairing issues aside, would you recommend the AX?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    my motorola HS850 is clear as a bell, very comfortale, 650 picks it right up.

Supports voice dialing, hang up, answer all at the touch of a button.

Rechargable battery with included AC adapter or even charge in the car with car charger.

8 hour talktime 300 hour standby.

smallest thing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by boasist
    my motorola HS850 is clear as a bell, very comfortale, 650 picks it right up.

Supports voice dialing, hang up, answer all at the touch of a button.

Rechargable battery with included AC adapter or even charge in the car with car charger.

8 hour talktime 300 hour standby.

smallest thing too.
    Do you have any problems with WiFi causing interference? That's my biggest concern given my home network.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Pairing issues aside, would you recommend the AX?
    Pairing issues solved. My problem was indeed a procedural issue. Or user error if you will...(ashamed). If I delete the AX from the trusted devices list, and then add it back via the handsfree setup, all is well.

Would I recommend it...certainly over the Jabra 250, as it has not nearly as much static. I'd be interested in trying the HBH-660 though, for two reasons:
    - Apparently the HBH-660 connects VERY fast, while the AX takes a second or two AFTER the call is connected before it switches over to the headset.
    - The volume on the AX is fine, but the sound is a bit "tinny muffled". I suspect that the on-the-ear type headsets have better sound, though perhaps less volume and more interference from ambient sounds.

The AX is definitely small, it does not give me that "borg" feeling. It is also quite comfortable, although neither of the supplied earpieces is a perfect fit for my ear.

So far so good. I may try the HBH-660 though, with ear-gel. I thought I'd give the Scala 500 a try as well, but if I read the reviews correctly the Scala may connect to the T650 slightly slower than the AX...which would make it too slow for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast