1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I had a question and I searched for the answers and nothing was around. I updated my Treo 650 with the latest Palm One's bluetooth update to correct problems with my car's system, which it worked great!, but I now want to use the hack for DUN and I am wondering if this would reverse the changes made by the other update because they are both bluetooth manager updates.

If anyone would have the expertise to comment on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    bradone1
  2.    #2  
    Well this question sitting here for about a week and no replies. Maybe someone can answer this..... If I install the bluetooh DUN bcrack that will allow me to use the data communications via bluetooth and it overwrites the bluetooth update that palm released to fix the car kits, can I refresh the palm update if I loose functionality??? I am really in need of both these updates, I have opened a new company where I am always in the car talking through the bluetooth car kit, yet I need internet access on my laptop through the phone.... Im in a jam and dont want to screw up the bluetooth car kit functionality.

Someone Please inform me, Shadowmite I think you may be the only option at this point since you wrote the BT DUN crack. I know you said that it was only a small change with two bytes of code, but I am wondering if the surrounding BT manager will overwrite the new BT manager that palm released. Maybe I can update the DUN, then update the Palm BT update and it will leave Shadowmite's change underneath?!?!?!?!

Thanks for everyone's time. I really appreciate it.

Bradone1
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $these$ $updates$ $should$ $not$ $interfere$ $with$ $each$ $other$ ($some$ $one$ $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$). $The$ $Carkit$ $update$ $and$ $Shadowmite$'$s$ $DUN$ $patch$ $are$ $two$ $different$ $files$ $afaik$. $They$ $should$ $both$ $work$...

Also, as a last resort, if the DUN patch does not work, you could always fall back on PDAnet which does work via BT on the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    gfunkmagic,

what is this PDAnet you speak of? Please advise.

bradone1
  5.    #6  
    Thanks for the info, looks very interesting. Im sure that this PDAnet is more advanced. How is the connection initialized with shadowmites fix??
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    1. I installed the Palm bluetooth update, which allowed my Treo to work with my wife's Acura TL Handsfree
    2. After this, I installed the Shadowmite DUN hack and got that working on my PowerBook
    3. Just today tried to use the Treo with the TL, and it no longer works, at least not consistently (deleted the pairing first and then paired the Treo and TL again)
    4. Plan on reinstalling the Palm patch to see if the hard resets I had done between 1 and 2 above caused any of the problem.
  7.    #8  
    Thats it! 35 smackaroo's is worth the hassle with the car kit going with PDAnet. They have a trial, I'll let you know how it works out.

bradone1
    let us know
    PDAnet works great. Regarding performance, I am getting 120 kbps d/l sppeds on my PC with the USB cable but interestingly, only 40-50 kbps using a BT connection. As a benchmark, when running the same test on the Treo, I get 120 kbps.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    1. I installed the Palm bluetooth update, which allowed my Treo to work with my wife's Acura TL Handsfree
    2. After this, I installed the Shadowmite DUN hack and got that working on my PowerBook
    3. Just today tried to use the Treo with the TL, and it no longer works, at least not consistently (deleted the pairing first and then paired the Treo and TL again)
    4. Plan on reinstalling the Palm patch to see if the hard resets I had done between 1 and 2 above caused any of the problem.

Reinstalled the Palm patch and my Treo now works with DUN and hands free phone with TL. Bottom line: no imcompatibility between Shadowmite DUN hack and Palm Bluetooth update for car hands free mode.