Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    lockline will not insure any device that is a smartphone or pdaphone. so far, your best bet is to pay for the treo with a creditcard such as amex and use that insurance on your treo.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  2. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #22  
    bOtes, can you point me to some literature where this policy is spelled out? i don't recall reading anything in my policy that suggests pda phones aren't covered.

    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    lockline will not insure any device that is a smartphone or pdaphone. so far, your best bet is to pay for the treo with a creditcard such as amex and use that insurance on your treo.
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Do you mean a program that clones the HD of the Treo or various applications that back up addresses, calendar, etc. ?
    I'm talking about an app (BackupBuddy, BackupMan, etc.) that'll allow you to back up/restore your entire device to/from your SD card. That has saved a a few times when I've had to hard reset my 650.
  4.    #24  
    Is there a difference in the car chargers? I've seen them as cheap at $10 on ebay but $20 on TreoCentral and other places.

    So the Palm headphones are good?

    Since I can't get insurance, I'm really looking for a good protective case/pouch that will do the trick.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    bOtes, can you point me to some literature where this policy is spelled out? i don't recall reading anything in my policy that suggests pda phones aren't covered.
    call 1-888-562-8662 lockline insurance for cingular and listen to the initial automated message. it's a policy of theirs. high-end phones such as the treo 650, motorola v3 razr, etc. aren't covered because the potential number of fraudulent claims would be too great.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  6.    #26  
    Oh, since the SanDisk Ultra II 1 Gig SD card is sold out most places, is there a good alternative?
  7. #27  
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Oh, since the SanDisk Ultra II 1 Gig SD card is sold out most places, is there a good alternative?
    I use the 1GB PCI highspeed 60. great card.

    Re-edit: Oh and I would suggest that CradleCare, ScreenCare, BTmute, Powerup and now ScheduleCare are must haves.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Oh, since the SanDisk Ultra II 1 Gig SD card is sold out most places, is there a good alternative?
    The Extreme III... more expensive, but faster. link
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Oh, since the SanDisk Ultra II 1 Gig SD card is sold out most places, is there a good alternative?

    I just ordered the ATP 1GB 60x SD card. Based on discussion on this board, it appeared to be a worthy alternative to the Ultra II.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I'm talking about an app (BackupBuddy, BackupMan, etc.) that'll allow you to back up/restore your entire device to/from your SD card. That has saved a a few times when I've had to hard reset my 650.
    Thought the 650 preserved data during a hard reset/dead battery because of the new memory/file system??
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    I just ordered the ATP 1GB 60x SD card. Based on discussion on this board, it appeared to be a worthy alternative to the Ultra II.
    where from?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Thought the 650 preserved data during a hard reset/dead battery because of the new memory/file system??
    From battery removal - yes. From hard reset - no. You will also find that your saved preferences will sometimes disappear and you will need to at a minimum restore that file. Given the relative instability of this platform, a good backup program is a good investment! You will also find that HotSync operations tend to not work well on large sync's. So you really can not count on HotSync restoring a fully loaded 650. I use BackupMan and it works *most* of the time. You must take care to shutdown your phone application prior to any backup. It appears that the phone application holds open the calendar database and this database will be corrupted upon restoration if it was open during the backup.

    Hope this helps.

    Jeff
  14. #34  
    I am using backupman 1.51 on my 650 and it works great, it never worked on my tungsten t5. I am able to backup and restore successfully. My t5 would crash during the backup.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    From battery removal - yes. From hard reset - no. You will also find that your saved preferences will sometimes disappear and you will need to at a minimum restore that file. Given the relative instability of this platform, a good backup program is a good investment! You will also find that HotSync operations tend to not work well on large sync's. So you really can not count on HotSync restoring a fully loaded 650. I use BackupMan and it works *most* of the time. You must take care to shutdown your phone application prior to any backup. It appears that the phone application holds open the calendar database and this database will be corrupted upon restoration if it was open during the backup.

    Hope this helps.

    Jeff
    Jeff...check out the new backupbuddy. I have found it to be much more consistent than backupman. More as in no problems.
  16. #36  
    I agree the new backupbuddy does not seem to have the memory problems that backupman has.


    fred
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    lockline will not insure any device that is a smartphone or pdaphone. so far, your best bet is to pay for the treo with a creditcard such as amex and use that insurance on your treo.
    I have the Sprint insurance on my new Treo 650 and also had it on my previous Samsung SPH-i500 smartphone.
  18. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #38  
    I need a treo. Still waiting =P
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Oh, since the SanDisk Ultra II 1 Gig SD card is sold out most places, is there a good alternative?
    I bought a 1 GB Lexar SD card from eCost for $72 (http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=493581). It's working fine so far.
  20. #40  
    I haven't yet bought any accessories for my 650 either! But, here's what I think are some bare bones essential accoessories (hardware and software) that I would definitely recommend:

    Hardware:
    SD card- get the biggest/fastest you can afford
    BT headset - alot of people seem to like the Scala 500
    Regular headset - b/c you cannot listen to music via BT headset! The Seidio 2-in-1 is nice btw
    Cases - lots of opitons

    Also a second battery is an option but I'm personally waitng on the extended battery...

    Software:
    Uninstall Manager from Northglide - this is a must to keep to your Treo clean!
    Mem Manager - absolutely necessary for the 650. Lots of options like PowerRun, Zlauncher etc
    Ptunes - definite upgrade for Treo. Much better than Real

    Then there are gazillions of Treo specific tools like Butler, keycaps etc... But you'll need to install these as you go along and get more proficient on with your Treo...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions