1. crp
    Marc:

Downloaded & installed 1.0b20.7 today & successfully sent email from my T650. We use Notes/Domino (don't know the Domino version, but it's probably within the last year or 2).

To & From look just the way I want them to look. But, in the 1st line of the subject area, our Domino server inserts:

[Sent by crp@sprintpcs.com].

On the next line, my actual message starts.

Any ideas on how to suppress that "handy" insert?

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    My guess is that there are two domino servers but I don't know enough. You can PM me and I can give you an answer. The only reason Domino would do this is if there is an agent running on a server forwarding messages.

Its probably nothing you can fix, but your IT folks can.

Derek
  3. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    My guess is that there are two domino servers but I don't know enough. You can PM me and I can give you an answer. The only reason Domino would do this is if there is an agent running on a server forwarding messages.

Its probably nothing you can fix, but your IT folks can.

Derek
    I figured it would be something like that. If so, there's no way MY IT dept will change it.

Thx for the reply.
    I have Lotus notes at work, how do I find the server name? Is there a way to get it directly from Lotus notes?
  5. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I have Lotus notes at work, how do I find the server name? Is there a way to get it directly from Lotus notes?
    If you're lucky, your IT dept. will tell you the server address. I had to dig it out of the VPN client config that I have on my corp laptop.

crp
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Not sure if you've already found this but on my Lotus Notes app (v 6.5.1), you can look at the very bottom of the application window when you first launch it. You'll see a yellow lightning bolt icon in the lower left hand corner. After this icon, you'll see (I believe this is the syntax), "Connecting to xxxxx." The "xxxxx" is your Domino server name.

I know there's another way to find out your Domino server name but I'm on my PC at home.