1.    #1  
    IS there a free download Application for e-mail on the Treo 600. i looked into the Verizon wireless email software that comes with the phones and it seems to be very old school. Can anyone recommend another application that is solid.

I know there is one . . SnapperMail . . but you have to buy it. Is it worth the $$$$

Also . . Missing Sync, is it easy to set up and operate with a Mac and Treo 600?

Any assistance will help me in making up my mind to purchase one of these.
    I just purchased a treo 600 from VZW and also use a mac (powerbook and imac g5). I was wondering the same thing. I called VZW and they said I had to set it up via a website (http://wirelesssync.vzw.com) and it would download software onto my PC and Treo. I told him I used a Mac, and he suggested I use a friend's PC. So I did. With a little setup effort, my Treo 600 periodically checks the .Mac server to see if I have any email and downloads what is there. It's not "push" email forwarding, but it works okay. I've only been using it for a day, so not sure how it's gonna work out. But for me, so far, it's fine.
    Last edited by cwosigns; 02/02/2005 at 06:43 PM. Reason: entered wrong URL
  3.    #3  
    yeh . . they dont support MACs. I was looking at SnapperMail because you can set up as many POP accounts you want.

I didnt want to go thru the wirelesssync.vzw set up because they do not support Mac.

How do you sync the Treo to your mac?
  4.    #4  
    When the Treo Syncs up to the Mac via "Missing Sync" will it pull the contacts from my "Mac Address Book App" if i have multiple address books set up?

Also, same idea, what if I have multiple calendars in iCal? how does it handle that?

Jason
    Chatter is another good option, provided that you have unlimited data and battery life is not a big issue.
    SnapperMail works great for me on my VerizonWireless Treo 600.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  7.    #7  
    I know another guy who uses snapper mail and loves it . . . says it is worth every penny.

How many POP accounts are you limited to?

Curt, what do you use to sync your palm to your mac?
  8.    #8  
    so nobody has any experience with Missing Sync?
    I like the Palm hotsync and desktop. Both are better than the native mac applications such as ical, etc. But, if you need ical, then just use isync. Missing sync only adds a seperate memo pad that isn't that great and the ability to see the SD card as another drive connected to the mac for easier file swapping, etc. At least that's the only benefits I've found using it. You might want to try isync first and compare the features of missing sync to see if it is worth the extra $.
  10.    #10  
    you think Palm Desktop is better than iCal or AddressBoook?
    Yes. I think the Palm Desktop performs better for me (all opinions are subjective) than the native Mac applications such as iCal, AddressBook, etc. When I first got my treo, I was misinformed that Palm Desktop was not updated for Mac in several years and that it didn't support Memos, etc. Turns out that these were false rumors and I really have no need to run iCal, AddressBook, iSync, etc. Personally, I prefer the Palm Desktop.

The next release of the Mac operating system (this spring?) is apparently going to improve on these organizing applications. At that time, if those application are any better, I may switch, but for now I prefer the Palm Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdesigns.com
    When the Treo Syncs up to the Mac via "Missing Sync" will it pull the contacts from my "Mac Address Book App" if i have multiple address books set up?

Also, same idea, what if I have multiple calendars in iCal? how does it handle that?

Jason
    iSync will sync all of your iCal calendars to your Treo if you choose. In the iSync app you can select calendars to sync, or all. If you add a new event on the Treo and sync, iSync will place it in the default calendar within iCal that you choose.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Are chatter or snapper really that much better than the built in versamail? Any specifics on why worth the upgrade?