1.    #1  
    So...I finally got my visor deluxe. I love it! It works perfectly. Except I have a question, How do I sync my outlook express email addresses? I am on a imac OS 9.0.4. I have downloaded the latest version of palm OS for 9.0.4 from handsprings website, so that isnt the problem (?) In the OE 5 extras folder there is a palm sync installer, So I installed it. When I sync everything works until right at the very end. I get a message stating that It was interrupted, so I viewed the log and It says... HotSync is not enabled for this Outlook Express user.
    Enable HotSync via the "Palm Sync Setup..." menu item in Outlook Express.
    OEConduit synchronization failed
    "OEConduit" failed (error = #4099)

So...I thought I had configured it correctly. Any ideas would be appreciated. My goal is not to neccesarily download email, but to sync my email addresses. but both would be great! thanks
    well, you're halfway to your goal. in fact with ta little more fiddling you will be able to sync your email addresses... however - they will not integrate with contacts you already have in your visor, whereby i mean that when you finally get the sync worked out you will have a bunch of duplicate records - provided some of your oe5 contacts are the same as some of your other contacts - i think you get my point... which is why even if i knew how to fix your problem i would advise against it, because it ends up being more of a hassle than it's worth. at least it was in my case.

as for downloading actual email, you will need too purchase multimail from a site like palmgear. the geniuses at palm have not seen fit to provide mac users with a free conduit for downloading email, and so this is our only option (a $40 one at that). the upside is, if you choose to get the whole multimail+multimail pro package (for a few dollars more) you can, if you choose to get a modem, send email directly from your device.

i know i haven't been much help, and i wouldn't trade my mac/visor combo for anything in the world, but i hope i'm at least keeping you informed.

matty
  3.    #3  
    well after posting last night (after I got rid of the OE conduit in my palm folder) I downloaded the trial version of the mac conduit from multimail. couldn't get it to work either. I kept getting error messages so its in the trash also. Am I supposed to put any of the other stuff from the multi mail folder anywhere ( there seemed to be quite a bit of items with the file extension of prc ) Otherwise, Im with you. I really love my visor and got beamed for the first time yesterday! Cool!! ahhh which leads me to another question.... I have IR on my rev B imac, now not that I need to do this, but can I beam to my or any other IR equipped imac or is it soley for other visors, palms ? and one more thing, I got the pocket money software, It's great so far, but I have only used once.
    ahhh which leads me to another question.... I have IR on my rev B imac, now not that I need to do this, but can I beam to my or any other IR equipped imac or is it soley for other visors, palms ?

You should go to www.iscomplete.org and check their IRLink info. You need this applet to do IR syncing on the Visor (Palms are OK) and there are full instructions for setting up IR sync on a Mac.

Have fun.

Dave