1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Just an alert for any treocentral folks in the San Jose, CA area. I am posting this from the Apple store in Westfield Valleyfair Mall (on Stevens Creek). Just got a Cingular Treo650GSM -- the sales guy says they received a shipment of 20 Cingular and 20 AT&T Treo650GSM phones this afternoon (no unlocked ones yet, unfortunately). He expects them to be gone by tonight, so if you're itching to get your hands on one and can't wait for an unlocked one, get over here ASAP!
    Is there a palmone store in Los Angeles, CA ?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    There is a palm store at the Century City Mall in LA
    i was there today, they will have them in tomorrow by 12PM and they have a waiting list, but are still taking pre-orders for the few they have left.

They will NOT activate the phones however. Expect to pay full price, but they will give you a free jabra
    no unlock & unbranded phones right?
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Right, they only have treo 650's locked to AT&T or Cingular (or Sprint, of course)
    i called the one near me in Maryland and the one at Reagan National Airport. both guys said they did not know when they will be receiving them
    DO the Cingular branded Treo 650s bought from the store have any rebates?
    Last edited by proxx; 02/02/2005 at 11:48 PM.
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    I received a phone from the Cingular shop on Stevens Creek and Lawrence saying some 650's AT&T and Cingular will be available this afternoon in Valley Fair mall in San Jose. I went there after work to see the device. The guy just received some boxes full of 650's !!! The only problem was the price $599 without tax :-( The unlocked version will be available at this PalmOne store the 3rd week of March.

I wanted to get one AT&T 650 and wait for the unlocked version I just ordered today and just return the AT&T one after 3 weeks. The guy at PalmOne store told me there is only a 14 days return policy with 10% restocking fees !!!

I decided to pass and wait for the unlocked version. By the way the sales guy at PalmOne confirmed me what told me one PalmOne employee yesterday. If a Treo 650 is unlocked, the warranty is CANCELED. I think it's better to wait for the unlocked version. I had a very bad experience when I bought my first 600's last year (cingular). I return 8 times the units, every single time the unit sent was not working correctly.

To finish, there is a Cingular store on Great America Parkway who is expecting some Treo 650's tomorrow afternoon (Thursday).
    Bought mine Cingular Irvine today, they got 5. $449. No data.