Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi,

The topic basically asks my question. I have a treo 650 through Sprint, but unfortunately I get ZERO sprint service in my house or inside anyone elses house/clubhouse/etc where I live. If I walk outside i get ok service (one bar, but no internet) and if i drive 3-4 miles I get full service and everywhere else in town (portland, oregon) its great.. anyway, a friend has cingular and he gets full bars in my house and everywhere around here. Since I just paid $500+ for my 650 in December I don't really want to have to buy another one from Cingular.. can I port mine over, and if so, will it work the same as cingulars? If not, what are my options?

Thanks!
    Nope... Sprint is CDMA and Cingular is GSM. Two different radio technologies.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    If you're still w/in your 14 days take it back & buy one from Cingular.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ebay
    Oh wait, I just read the part where you say you got it in December, oops. Now I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you could talk to Sprint & work something out with them?
    Why would you want to do that? Are you a frequent international traveler, or do you simply like the SIM card swapping idea?

I've been talking to a lot of Cingular users, and their GPRS mobile speed tests are slow compared to my CDMA.

Okay, GSM fans, now you can attack me
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Why would you want to do that? Are you a frequent international traveler, or do you simply like the SIM card swapping idea?

I've been talking to a lot of Cingular users, and their GPRS mobile speed tests are slow compared to my CDMA.

Okay, GSM fans, now you can attack me
    Sounds to me like he's got severe coverage problems with Sprint.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com