1.    #1  
    Is there any combination of programs that will let you use the volume buttons to forward and advance songs? For anyone that had a Kyocera 7135 and used Bebopper, you coudl use the volume button to move ahead/back a track or if you held them they would change the volume.

I want to do the same thing. The best I have gotten so far is to do a skip of a few second when using the side buttons.

Also, is there a way to prevent the phone from doing its turn off thing? When it does that I can not do anythign with the side buttons.

Thanks.

Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Is there any combination of programs that will let you use the volume buttons to forward and advance songs? For anyone that had a Kyocera 7135 and used Bebopper, you coudl use the volume button to move ahead/back a track or if you held them they would change the volume.

I want to do the same thing. The best I have gotten so far is to do a skip of a few second when using the side buttons.

Also, is there a way to prevent the phone from doing its turn off thing? When it does that I can not do anythign with the side buttons.

Thanks.

Walt

You can try Freedom. You can use the headset button to forward and rewind a song. check here www.toysoft.ca Freedom also allows you to use headset to listen to mp3 and audio with any ear bud and headset on the T600.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I'd like to see an option in Freedom to allow you to choose to default the speakerphone to "on".

This would really help with Mapopolis (which immediately reverts back to the program on all incoming calls and doesn't allow you to get back to the phone screen to turn the speakerphone on). It's a PITA to have to either plug the earbud in or take the Treo out of the vehicle mount when a call comes in.
    Although it's not exactly what you want, if you use pTunes, you can use the 5 way navigation to go to the next song, rewind, pause, stop, play, etc.
  5.    #5  
    Well I tried freedom, it is ok, but I have a sideo 2 in 1 and I have to have the headset in phone mode. It works, but the sound is not that good.

The 5 way navigation works, but with a cosa that covers that up, it measn you have to take it out of the case (well upen the case) to do anything.

Using realplayer and volumekeys actually does pretty much what I want. The single button is a pause/play toggle. The volume keys control the volume, but if I hold them it will move ahead/back a track (with the option held imitates keys enabled and configured for the left right switch)

Now, if I could only get the treo to not go into its screen off mode meaning I can control nothing unless I power it back up.