Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Edo
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard any more information on the Enfora Wifi Card for the Treo 650? Supposed to come out next month. Seems promising for the $150 price tag and it using its own external battery.

More details here: http://enfora.com/news_detail.asp?ID=45
    Quote Originally Posted by Edo
    Has anyone heard any more information on the Enfora Wifi Card for the Treo 650? Supposed to come out next month. Seems promising for the $150 price tag and it using its own external battery.

More details here: http://enfora.com/news_detail.asp?ID=45
    Actually the article very specificaly says Treo 600 .. The 650 will likely NOT have support for this device.
    Spoke with a Enfora rep at CES. Was told they will support both the 600 and the 650. The sled for the 650 is to be released soon after the one for the 600. BTW the rep stated that Enfora was asked by P1 to make one for the 650

BC
    Quote Originally Posted by BC600
    Spoke with a Enfora rep at CES. Was told they will support both the 600 and the 650. The sled for the 650 is to be released soon after the one for the 600. BTW the rep stated that Enfora was asked by P1 to make one for the 650

BC
    I will believe it when I see it .. since P1 deliberatly crippled wifi and BT on this device I am not buying a 3rd party app for it any time soon.
    That's just what the Enfora rep told me. I saw the sled on a 650. Slightly bigger than an SD WiFi card.

BC
  6. Edo
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So it should be here by end of Feb/Early march. $150 sticker tag, uses a external battery, can't wait till someone gets more info on it.
    BC, you spoke to the Enfora rep at CES and actually saw the 650 sled? and its only slightly bigger than an SD WIFI card?!? now i am really curious because the pics of the 600 with the sled attached (engadget, brighthand, geek.com, etc) show that the sled is large. it looks like the sled is almost as big as the 600 itself. plus, it seems that use of the thumboard would be greatly inhibited by the sled. did you try playing with the demo that enfora had on hand?

but my real question is about the 650: is the 650 sled different in size and shape from the sled for the 600? it must be if its just bigger than the SD card....what about the battery?

hope you don't mind all the questions BC...

thanx
    --------------------------------
    if i don't get wifi for my 650 soon, i swear i'm gonna pop!
    That's just what the Enfora rep told me. I saw the sled on a 650. Slightly bigger than an SD WiFi card.

BC
    you mean its not that biggy like for the 600? would be great news ...
    BC
    I can verify this- I heard the same at CES.

As for the sleds there- they were both mock-ups. They aren't small... definitely no wifi card here...
    Once this sled comes out, all we need now is a Palm OS ver of Skype! hehe
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    right on big red!
    I am not even sure what I will really do with this on my T600, but I will order one the day it comes out. In the meantime we ought to be reviewing what home applications this will enable (other than just faster browsing). Home automation applications, remote MP3 playing, and fancy multi-room AV remote control systems, etc...
    hey all, i just got off the phone with John, the sales rep at Enfora. so here is the latest: the sled for the 600 is still "a couple weeks" away. when i asked him about the 650 sled, he informed me that it will be out sometime after the 600 release date. when i asked him about the size and shape of the sleds, he asked whether i had seen the ones that were shown at CES. apparently, they are tweaking the sleds a bit, but that the mock-ups from CES are about what we should expect.

ok well, i have seen the pics of the 600 sled. anyone remember the 650 sled? was it basically the same?
    May be I was a bit too scarcastic saying the Enfora sled was slightly bigger than an SD WiFI card. The one I saw at CES looks like the same size as the one in the photo. It does not interfere with the keyboard. Considering the size of the 650 it looks like Enfora did a great job in not turning our beloved 650 into a brick.

bc
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvStinky
    hey all, i just got off the phone with John, the sales rep at Enfora. so here is the latest: the sled for the 600 is still "a couple weeks" away. when i asked him about the 650 sled, he informed me that it will be out sometime after the 600 release date.
    Yes, but do keep in mind, he is a sales guy. Nothing he says should be taken as gospel.
  16. Edo
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any exact dimensions of the sled? Im suprised the 600 version isnt even out by now.
    How much will this sled cost? I don't think I'ld be willing to spend more than $80-100 bucks max for this....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    How much will this sled cost? I don't think I'ld be willing to spend more than $80-100 bucks max for this....
    $149

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/509-1.htm
    Considering the size of the 650 it looks like Enfora did a great job in not turning our beloved 650 into a brick.

bc
    Well at least the sled is just that, removable. Besides, if they powered that sucker off the Treo battery it would be like reverting back to the battery life of the Treo 180 or 270... Some thing I hope I never see again!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast