1.    #1  
    Is there a way to turn off the blinking led on the 650, but still have it work with notifications?
    I'm not sure what you mean...

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I'm not sure what you mean...

Marc

Right now the treo blinks a green led to let you know it has signal. I have heard of tools that will turn this off. Will the led notification still work with this type of setup? Is anyone doing this?
    webtoker - I don't know, frankly, but some people here would. Hopefully, they'll answer.

Marc
    Butler lets you set the default LED status to Off. That means it's off while connected, in-use or charging, but I'm pretty sure it will still light up for various notifications. You can download the trial and make sure it will do what you want.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Right now the treo blinks a green led to let you know it has signal. I have heard of tools that will turn this off. Will the led notification still work with this type of setup? Is anyone doing this?
    I'm a little bit new to chatter, so I'll do my best to answer this. Right now, you can get "butler" and chatter to work together, but you will lose some functionality with the led notifications. You can use a program called "butler" to control the led notifications (while keeping the led off unless you need to be notified of something).

Here is the set up I have:

1. Have butler set to handle notifications and respond with a flashing green led (otherwise by default the led is off).

2. I have all the chatter led notifications (all of them) turned off.

With this setup I will get a led notification (from butler) if I get a chatter e-mail. The exception to this is that I will not get any led notification if I am in chatter itself and I get an e-mail. For example if the last app I looked at was chatter, and I get an e-mail, I will get no led notification. This seems to be because normally "butler" will get the exchange manager notification from chatter and it will flash the led. However, if you are already in chatter and you get an e-mail, it doesn't look like chatter sends anything to the exchange manager (I could be wrong here). Of course I think the idea is that if you are already in chatter, why would you need to send anything to the exchange manager.

Marc, do you think there is any chance of maybe getting chatter to revert back to butlers original setting (keeping the led off) after a chatter led notification? If I just allow chatter to control the led notifications then after the notification the led will revert back to the flashing led (instead of allowing butler to keep it off). Thanks for all of your hard work on chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I use something called LEDOff, and it seems to work fine with other apps. I was noticing that Chatter sometimes wouldn't flash the green light even when I had received new messages, but I think that was addressed in one of the recent releases as a Chatter problem.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=67607

With LEDOff, you get to choose in what cases you want the LED to stay off. I pretty much keep it off in when in signal, and don't have it show the battery charging state. That works for me, since I want it to really mean something important if it is flashing or on.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    I use something called LEDOff, and it seems to work fine with other apps. I was noticing that Chatter sometimes wouldn't flash the green light even when I had received new messages, but I think that was addressed in one of the recent releases as a Chatter problem.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=67607

With LEDOff, you get to choose in what cases you want the LED to stay off. I pretty much keep it off in when in signal, and don't have it show the battery charging state. That works for me, since I want it to really mean something important if it is flashing or on.

-Sim
    Thanks for the tip but it appears that wetbroker has a Treo650 (as I do). Have you tried ledoff with a 650? I looked into this a week or two ago but it looks like ledoff doesn't quite work (according to some comments in the ledoff thread) with the Treo650.

link to the led off thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/5bnnf
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Thanks for the tip but it appears that wetbroker has a Treo650 (as I do). Have you tried ledoff with a 650? I looked into this a week or two ago but it looks like ledoff doesn't quite work (according to some comments in the ledoff thread) with the Treo650.

link to the led off thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/5bnnf
    Yeah, I guess I didn't pay attention to that when I replied. It is amazing how much stuff doesn't work between the 600 and 650. And all I was wanting was some improved built in apps, not a total re-architecture of the memory and OS. Or was it the Bluetooth and a hi-res screen that caused the problems?

I am certainly not rushing to spend $400 to $500 for the 650 so that I a can spend a lot more time finding all the 3rd party apps to fill in the gaps left by the built-in ones. I have already done that for the 600 and am somewhat happy at the moment.

-Sim

NoisyGecko