1.    #1  
    I have never had a Bluetooth capable phone. Now that my T650 is on order (unlocked GSM), which Bluetooth headset should I buy?

It looks like Jabra is the most popular. I also like the new Jabra that has a digital display with Caller-ID on it. One concern of mine is that I have small ears, so I don't want some huge headset weighing my ears down (don't laugh).

Any suggestions?
    The Jabra is the LEAST popular .. everyone hates the BT200 at least with the 650 it doesnt work hardly at all.

The MOST popular is the Scala-500 with the Sony HBH-660 a close second. The new Jabra isnt' shipping (or at least as of my last check) so its not even on most peoples list.

The caller-id is a useless feature .. when would you use it ? It wastes space and battery power.
    phone in pocket or on belt clip. Phone rings, instead of removing phone, I can just look on headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    phone in pocket or on belt clip. Phone rings, instead of removing phone, I can just look on headset.
    More work for most to take the headset off, look at it, put it back on and answer it.

I dont know anyone (personally) that uses a BT headset and has it dangling somewhere .. you use a wireless headset to wear it I suppose for some people it has a limited use .. its good for broadcasting to those around you who your talking to.
  5.    #5  
    I've never heard of Scala. Is it a reputable company? Everyone I know who has a headset seems to have a Jabra...they are apparently reliable. I just want one that has the most interaction/usuability with the T650.

I'm very angry, as a former T600 owner that PalmOne didn't offer me the free bluetooth headset like they did for the evil Cingular users.
    Don't be angry .. the free headsets they are offering dont work well with the 650 Cardio is the company name you will find dozens of articles if you search on the Scala 500 here it has been tested to be the best quality with the 650 of any headset, the Sony 660 a close second.

You will also find that the palm and jabra headsets have horrible reviews in relation to the 650.
    HS810 is the one i use
    Treoing & Loving it
    Really? The Palm/Jabra250 that my wife got with her Sprint 650 in November is fantastic. It was way better than my HBH-60 until I got BTMute.

Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Don't be angry .. the free headsets they are offering dont work well with the 650 Cardio is the company name you will find dozens of articles if you search on the Scala 500 here it has been tested to be the best quality with the 650 of any headset, the Sony 660 a close second.

You will also find that the palm and jabra headsets have horrible reviews in relation to the 650.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    How about the Sony HBH-200? Has anyone used this? I like the non-bluetooth look.
    scala-500 for only 35 at pcmall. just picked up one today.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I'm waiting on the Jabra BT800 before I buy one. Should be out before too much longer. As soon as there are a few guinea pigs I'll make my decision... ;-)
    Vince
    Scala 500! This is the 3rd BT headset I have tried with this 650 and its the best! The Motorola HS620 went back TODAY, too low even with BTMute! I can use my Scala without BTMute...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Scala 500 is good, but don't expect it to be perfect (at least mine isn't). Volume is louder than the Moto 820 I had before, but the 500 is still prone to crackling/popping popcorn sounds in the speaker (even when the headset's only 5 ft away from the Treo). Since I had the same issue with the Moto, i suspect it's more a function of the T650's BT technology.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just got the logitech mobile freedom headset ($43.95 shipped@e-cost). Works better for me than the Scala 500. The Scala 500 worked great, but the star trek blue light was a turn off. I'll keep them both, but the logitech offered greater range for me with very little static. It's bigger than I thought, but a really good headset.
    I have the M3000 from Plantronics, and it's pretty good to me. I have no problems with it and the range is about 10-15 ft. It's light and pretty comfortable to wear. Talk time is 8 hrs and it holds a charge really good. Sound is very good as well, its a very nice headset..
    anyone know of a headset that has caller id and noise cancelling? cant seem to find that combination....
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcoy
    anyone know of a headset that has caller id and noise cancelling? cant seem to find that combination....
    The new Jabra (I Believe it is the model 800..but don't quote me) has both features, and has a street price of around $120.