1.    #1  
    I've seen a bunch of weather programs, but they are all forecasts (e.g. today's high is 41 and low is 23, such as in Worldmate). I wanted to know if there is a program out there that will allow you to wirelessly sync with your Treo (I have a 650) to get the current weather conditions outside (the temperature, fair/hazy/snow/rain/etc.). Is any such program available?

Thanks!
    Weather Underground's site has a mobile version, and along with the forecast, they also give current conditions.

Access here: http://mobile.wunderground.com/

Then when you look up your city, you can bookmark that page.

One nice thing about the Treo 650, I don't need a lot of apps when there are websites that can do the same thing, especially if it's something you rarely do. For example, I rarely look up maps, so a slight wait to download one is no big dea.

Tom
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I was thinking more in line with a program rather than a website since sometimes I'm multitasking often and don't want to go to a webpage in order to have to hit the "Back" button to return to what I was previously doing. Sometimes that can take a significant amount of time to redraw the web page.

Do any programs exist that can do the same thing by looking up a particular zip code or city?
    4cast. But it has issues with the data connection, as you can read about on the message board.
    treoalarm, works everytime and it does auto updates.
    Treoing & Loving it
  6.    #6  
    TreoAlarm is closer to what I was thinking -- but it doesn't actually display the current temperature like a PC app such as weatherbug would. Do such things exist?

I'd try for 4cast, but you need 2day also or whatever, and I'm not sure I really need that much extra stuff.
    No, you don't need 2day. 4cast is a stand-alone app, but can also be used as an extension of 2day if you want 4cast's info to show up in 2day.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    you can also just go outside for a minute. you don't have to stop what you're doing on the treo or switch apps or anything.

I also like treoalarm and wunderground 2 times a day.
    On your device go to www.accuweather.com go to their mobile page, enter your zip code then bookmark the page, it gives you current condiotns plus 5 day forecaset.
    Treoing & Loving it
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I love it. You ask for an app. you get a webpage, you ask for current weather you get more forecasters. Terrible

I made the suggestion of current weather to the maker of TreoAlarm so we will see if this gets put in the next update. As for current temp and conditions I can't think of a thing cause, like yourself, I am hoping for current conditions to be implemented into TreoAlarm.
    NRG just because you started the thread does not mean you own it, if do not like the responses you are getting do not post again. other shut up sit back and enjoy the ride. we are not stupid, I can read that you are looking for an app, in case you have not noticed one does not exist, so I along with other members proposed the next best thing, that's what we get for trying to help! next time I see a post by you I will just pass.
    Treoing & Loving it
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    NRG just because you started the thread does not mean you own it, if do not like the responses you are getting do not post again. other shut up sit back and enjoy the ride. we are not stupid, I can read that you are looking for an app, in case you have not noticed one does not exist, so I along with other members proposed the next best thing, that's what we get for trying to help! next time I see a post by you I will just pass.
    Jeez, touchy,touchy. By the way the I did not start this thread, I think "tami" started it. No reason to be so grumpy.
    4cast from shsh.com will give current (temp, wind, humidity, visibility, barometer) as well as daily highs/lows and sunrise/set, as well as forecasts for the next four days. It's an app, and you can update multiple locations at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I made the suggestion of current weather to the maker of TreoAlarm so we will see if this gets put in the next update. As for current temp and conditions I can't think of a thing cause, like yourself, I am hoping for current conditions to be implemented into TreoAlarm.
    Thank you very much for this suggestion!

TreoAlarm supports three weather sources at the moment (Canadian weather office, US weather service, and Y! Weather). There are current weather conditions for canadian cities and I plan to add current conditions for forecasts from US NWS and Y!.

Also, there is a new version available -- it adds options enable or disable wireless mode at alarm time.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    Thank you very much for this suggestion!

TreoAlarm supports three weather sources at the moment (Canadian weather office, US weather service, and Y! Weather). There are current weather conditions for canadian cities and I plan to add current conditions for forecasts from US NWS and Y!.

Also, there is a new version available -- it adds options enable or disable wireless mode at alarm time.
    Yeaaaaaaaa
    Also check out Handmark Express. Gives you current weather plus you can get a current radar picture. Very cool.