1.    #1  
    I just heard back from TMO corporate sales and the rep told me that TMO is not going to be carrying the 650 at all. Thus I will buy one from P1's website.

Major bummer.

Derek
    I believe they said the same thing about the 600 originally. Then it showed up MONTHS later.

If it ain't a Sidekick, they aren't interested in it.

I've ordered my P1 unlocked already. I didn't see much point in waiting for the Tmob to come around to their senses.
    I like T-Mobile's service but they really have their heads up their butts on the phones they want to offer. At least with the unlocked GSM, I'm free to change if I want to.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I was afraid they might not offer it anytime soon, so I bought a P1 unlocked one this morning...I'm out of contract with TMo anyway...so I'll try the 650 with both TMo and Cingular...if TMo doesn't get EDGE soon I'll be moving my number to Cingular!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I'm in the same boat. I've been a TMo/Voicestream/Powertel customer since 1998...but, if they don't get EDGE soon, I'm gone. I bought the T650 unlocked this morning and will use for a couple of month on TMo before I decide what to do. The only thing keeping me with TMo is loyalty and the fact that I have no contract (and their service plans are CHEAP!).
    I apologize for this ignorant question. I am currently a TMO customer. If I buy an unlocked GSM 650 from P1 will the TMO data services (email, web access) work on the 650? I know nothing about GSM phones. I assume I would use a TMO SIM. If I am dissatisfied with the TMO service on the 650, can I move my service to Cingular and still keep the phone unlocked?
    Thanks!
    Does anyone actually have and is using the Unlock T650 with T-Mobile? Or is everyone waiting for theirs to come in the mail?

Carl
    http://www.palmloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by asislen
    I apologize for this ignorant question. I am currently a TMO customer. If I buy an unlocked GSM 650 from P1 will the TMO data services (email, web access) work on the 650? I know nothing about GSM phones. I assume I would use a TMO SIM. If I am dissatisfied with the TMO service on the 650, can I move my service to Cingular and still keep the phone unlocked?
    Thanks!
    You are correct.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    I believe they said the same thing about the 600 originally. Then it showed up MONTHS later.

If it ain't a Sidekick, they aren't interested in it.

I've ordered my P1 unlocked already. I didn't see much point in waiting for the Tmob to come around to their senses.
    correct, I gow a call from the executive responce team b4 the gsm treo was released by anyone, that t-mo wouldnt be carrying it.

i suspect t-mo will carry it, but not for a couple of months.

palm1 has said that it, the 650, will be out for all current 600 carriers .
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Does anyone actually have and is using the Unlock T650 with T-Mobile? Or is everyone waiting for theirs to come in the mail?

Carl
    http://www.palmloyal.com

everyone is waiting.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I was a happy T-Mobile customer, but I figured T-Mobile wouldn't be offering any discounts on a 650 anytime soon, and I didn't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version. So, I found a great Sprint plan, bought the 650 for a great price, and am happy I made the switch.

I wonder how many more customers T-Mobile is losing because the won't offer the phone.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I was a happy T-Mobile customer, but I figured T-Mobile wouldn't be offering any discounts on a 650 anytime soon, and I didn't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version. So, I found a great Sprint plan, bought the 650 for a great price, and am happy I made the switch.

I wonder how many more customers T-Mobile is losing because the won't offer the phone.
    TMO lost me a couple of months ago because of the 650 and their unwillingness to improve coverage in my area (been waiting for 2 years). Dumped them and moved to Sprint and am very happy. Best of all my number port was done over night while I slept.
  13.    #13  
    I would rather buy one from TMO, largely because of the warranty. I pay 3 bucks a month or so for a warranty. I don't know about you guys, but my ever so reliable hands are not steel traps. A $600 phone one minute and a speeding bullet the next. Can PalmOne offer me the same type of replacment coverage for a reasonable rate?

Derek