1. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I thought I saw this before but couldn't find it. Recently my Versamail gives me a message "there is not enough memory to perform this task" when I download messages (with or without attachments. When I tap "OK" the message comes up. If I try to download an attachment, i appears to work, but the attachment is nowhere to be found.

Any ideas?
    Cheers

Charles
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Anybody?????
    Cheers

Charles
    delete all of the versamail files from ram there are threads on this all over TC.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    In case anyone needs it, this page might help:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541
    Chatteremail solved my Versamail problems.

(I do not work for Chatteremail, I just use it, and it works-all the time.)

If email on your Treo is that important to you, the price will be insignificant compared to the continual headaches and gray hairs caused by Versamail.
  6. thovanec
    sorry, guys, but i can not find out how to solve this isse on my phone. the people at cingular are unhelpful and are blaming yahoo and of course yahoo is impossible to get any info from, besides the blanket "how to set up your treo" email they send out.

so can anyone please tell me what to do to get my yahoo mail working on my treo? i would prefer to not have to buy an application so if i could get versamail working that would be sweet.

FYI, when i first bought the phone (two weeks ago) i set up yahoo and it worked perfectly for about three days and then just stopped. now, i can only send messages and every time i try to "get" messages i receive the "there is not enough memory to perform this task" message. so annoying. i bought the phone so that i would be able to check emails!

it seems you experts are familiar with this so can someone please illuminate me?! Thank you!
    Last edited by thovanec; 03/11/2010 at 12:04 PM.
    How much free memory do you have on your phone? You can find out in the launcher (hit the home button, menu button, info on the menu). VersaMail typically won't let you use up so much memory that your device becomes a brick. Unless there is something else wrong, my guess is that you really don't have enough memory. I don't know how much is enough though.....
  8. thovanec
    hi. thanks for helping. i have 16.4M of 23.7M of free space. i also have a 512 memory chip in there. is there another application i can use to dowload mail? cingular told me that yahoo was trying to send the mail in packets that were too large but i am unable to contact yahoo.

can i use Xpress Mail?

i once deleted all my old mail from the last 48 hours on the yahoo server and so there were no messages to download and i still got the "there is not enough memory to perform this task" message.

cheers,

Todd
    Hmmm.... 16MB should be more than enough for any operation that VersaMail is about to perform. I've never heard that Yahoo sends packets that are too big and in fact have never seen such a problem - sounds like a cingular rep doesn't know what they are talking about. Perhaps a soft reset of the device would work???? Just open up the battery compartment and hit the reset pin. All your data will be saved in this instance, you'll just need to restart the radio.

I've never used Xpress Mail....

Dang
  10. dta
    I got this same message. Plenty of memory avail on the phone. Turned out to be too many messages on the server side - even though I was downloading only the most recent day. I was letting things stack up in the Inbox. Once I moved messages from Inbox to other folders everything started working fine again.